Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Grumpy Old Men Thread  (Read 6789 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 00:56:44 »

Moan about non football related stuff here in a grumpy old man style..

Buses

They have a correct change only policy in Swindon  which would be fine if they didnt change the prices every week.I dont get the Bus very often so how am I supposed to know what the correct change is?They either want people to use public transport or they dont!Its an obvious scam to get more money out of unsuspecting mugs like me.

Down with buses :x

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 00:59:25 »

People who stop and chat in high streets.

If I can just contain pavement rage being stuck behind some window gawping plodder there's nothing worse than those idiots that stop dead blocking the way of those that want to get somewhere.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:25:36 »

Dickheads who want to argue the toss/chat to their vapid braindead mate who works on the tills in front of me at the checkout.

You might have nothing going on in your life gobshite but I've got better things to do than to wait for you to get an update on whether Maggie's taken 5 minutes longer on her break than she should have done and she always gets away with it because she sucks up to the supervisor and/or listen to you seek reassurance for the 8th time that this battery/DVD/power adapter/fish food will work properly with whatever half-dead kit it is you've got at home and/or the fucking idiots who turn up at the service desk at B&Q with half a shower attachment and no receipt and want to know why they can't have a full refund 9 months after they bought the fucking thing and have finally got off their fat arses long enough to try and install it only to realise they haven't got a) the right type of eletrical connections in their bathroom b) a bathroom c) running water when all I want to know is where the fucking hell they've hidden the nobbly gigdets or whatever it is this time and I've got to wait half an hour listening to this food-stained moron wibbling on and there's no way they're ever going to get a refund because sometimes, mate, it's your fucking fault, you screwed up now live with it and GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!

But apart from that, I'm quite serene really.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:28:44 »

Oh, and pensioners being allowed near any form of motor vehicle. Ever. But especially when I'm late for something and I'm trying to do Brizzle-Swindon in 30 mins flat, minimum speed 90, no more than two wheels in full contact with the road at any one time, and then get brought to a screeching halt by some fucking coffin-dodger doing 25.
Amir

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:29:36 »

London

Dirty horrible stinking place, everyones rushing don't know where they're going.  It'll take you 3 hours to get to central london, and you'll never believe it when you step out the other end.  And the smog, on a fine day you can see it in Surrey.  Then everything's so fast pace, in Spain they say 'manana' in London they say yesterday, and cockneys think they are 'a little bit smarter than the rest of ya' normally because they're taking far too much cocaine.

It wasn't like that in my day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:34:47 »

Actually, now that I come to think of it, middle management tossers who are apparently incapable of speaking English and have instead to rely on throwing corporate buzzwords around in the hope that they sound smart even though they couldn't leverage a fart if it sat up and begged for them and then worse than that because it worked at work (which is onlu because the whole place is full of equally clueless fuckwits who also have nothing to say and don't understand what they're saying when they do) insist on doing it all the time even in their private lives so that at some point even when you're in a non-corporate setting you're guaranteed to come across some fucking cock who says "Hmmm, maybe we should whiteboard this" and you're not even allowed to just lay the fucker out there and then because then everyone will start banging on about your agression issues.

I find that quite irritating as well
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:35:39 »

And ditto what Amir said. London is shit. Although so is Surrey
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:42:04 »

And the Daily Mail. And the Express. And the Sunday editions. And everyone who reads them. Nasty narrow-minded golf club bigots who are so fucking smug that all they have to worry about in their shallow lives is house prices in Esher which is why their headlines are always about how Labour's communist plot to do {insert scary sounding Trot thing here} will inevitably result in a crash in the housing market. Get out more and get some proper fucking clothes for Christs sake.
Amir

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 01:55:11 »

Quote from: "pauld"
And the Daily Mail. And the Express

Yes

Especially The Mail.  At least the red tops don't hide that they're dumbing down, people who read the mail think they run the country Soapy Tit Wank  All newspapers have their agenda at the end of the day, none of them just give you the facts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 02:11:40 »

And the drawstring rubbish bags at Tescos. They seem to have got a new supplier or something in the last 6 months or so but now every time you try to use the drawstrings to pull the bastard thing shut it snaps and you're left with a standard no drawstring binbag plus a flailing useless yellow plastic streamer in one hand. Shitehawks
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 02:22:33 »

Cheesy Paul I think ive created your thread heaven

/
W56196272
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 03:41:44 »

The women in WHSMITH'S who ask me if i would like a bag every time i buy a copy of Zoo/FHM. :evil:
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 09:00:02 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Cheesy Paul I think ive created your thread heaven

That you might. I think I have anger management issues Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:26:52 »

I do most of these things. Notably singing in the street and wasting time on the tills at work.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 12:23:54 »

i loathe public transport. it's full of smelly people.

i have a pathological hatred for the daily mail as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: