Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Facing reality  (Read 8369 times)
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 12:38:46 »

Sade (Mrs Mexico)
         I respect your opinion but i have to say it as i see it, Iffy Doesnt seem to learn by his mistakes . We cant afford to mess around and give someone a go because they might get better, this time next year we could be looking at the conference ! Changes need to be made , maybe Iffy would benefit from having an experienced coach along side him ?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 12:52:27 »

How can things possibly work at the bottom if they are far from right at the top?

The club is a complete mess and examples need to be set at the top and filter down through the manager/playing staff etc. None of this is being currently done.  My blame is towards the persons higher up as I'm far from ready to start blaming iffy just yet.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 13:52:59 »

Agreed, But  no-one is going to take on this club as it stands. Carson is a joke, Sir Seton is probably running out of patience and Money and unless there is a fairy Godmother out there then we are stuck with what we have got . Carson/SSW dont pick the side,dont decide the formation and as far as im aware they dont train them so the piss poor performances are down to the players and the management team .
                         You could bomb out all the under achievers and this would leave us with 4 or 5 players. I cant imagine that the likes of Peacock,Evans,Roberts et al will want to play league 2 next season so all in all we are fucked.
                   But on the other hand,Iffy may be a revelation next year and i will have to eat a huge slice of humble pie (which i will gladly do if i am proven wrong)

Sad to say, i must be on my way
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 15:02:08 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Why all this blind faith in Iffy. He's had 30 odd games and we're no better off than when he started.
When he started we were 7 points adrift of 23rd place. People I know were betting on us going down before the start of March. I think we are in a much better position.
Melksham Red

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 15:26:59 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Why all this blind faith in Iffy. He's had 30 odd games and we're no better off than when he started.
When he started we were 7 points adrift of 23rd place. People I know were betting on us going down before the start of March. I think we are in a much better position.

Fair comment but I don't think our losing streak would have went on forever regardless of who ended up incharge. I stand by my comments about Iffy. One win doesn't change my opinion of his management style. I agree with Foggy, if Onoura stays next season and does well then I will eat humble pie. I really hope that I have to but I just can't see it.
fatbury

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 16:06:40 »

im of the belief that a manager should get one WHOLE season to show what he is worth

and in reality Iffy HASNT quite had that .. but pretty close

I think if we stay up obviously Iffy deserves to stay ... if we go down I think we should start afresh both on and off the pitch .. let youth have its chance and clear out the managerial staff .. Iffy .. Reeves and Woan .. make a clean start

the question of course .. who with?

Im hoping we stay up !
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 16:07:25 »

I'd rather a cunt who didn't give a fuck and we won some fucking games.

i've been at work after about 3 hours sleep so i'm a bit of a downy at the moment, but i hope that was sarcasm?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 17:16:27 »

give him a chance...dont judge him till the end of next season. Once he has his own squad....say what you want about King, but did he sign a decent player this season?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 17:23:20 »

Quote from: "DV85"
give him a chance...dont judge him till the end of next season. Once he has his own squad....say what you want about King, but did he sign a decent player this season?

He was screwed over by the board who wouldnt let him offer anyone a decent deal over a year,hence he couldnt sign anyone he wanted .They have seen the error of their ways to some extent and given Iffy more backing.

/
W56196272
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 17:27:17 »

Personally I think that Cureton is an excellent player, whether or not he'll reach his full potential at Swindon remains to be seen.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 17:39:17 »

If you pay lots of money for something you don't want poor quality. I think fans have a right to say what they feel. This let's get behind the team' talk is all well and good, and usually I would agree, but when your team hasn't performed all season why should you?

Personally I'm glad I've only been to 3 games this season. I haven't had the cash to go more often, but luckily the times I have we've played ok. I'd be mightily pissed off if I'd gone to the numerous games where we have done shite.

Before anyone starts saying I'm not a proper fan/supporter or whatever and so it doesn't entitle me to an opinion I'd just like to clarify:

1) Yes you're probably right.
2) This isn't pointing the finger at anyone in particular (shows I haven't fabricated my opinion on hear say and rumour), just saying if you're not happy when you've paid loads of money to watch performances not up to your expectations, you should be able to moan about it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 18:17:33 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Personally I think that Cureton is an excellent player, whether or not he'll reach his full potential at Swindon remains to be seen.

how many times have you actually seen cureton this season ben?
DMR

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 18:34:49 »

I'd wager he hasn't seen us play period.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 19:22:29 »

Yet I agree....Cureton is a good player (not excellent) but he doesnt suite the league one style...he isnt big enough, he isnt strong enough and he doesnt get involved...he doesnt rough up the defenders enough, he doesnt let them know he is there. Even young Jutkiewicz managed this yesterday

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 19:40:02 »

curo is a decent player,infact i think he is probably our best,but if you want to bash up defenders and ping long balls then he aint the man for the job.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: