Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Facing reality  (Read 8388 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:06:18 »

king was a nice guy who cared, he was fucking useless.

i just think he's worth giving a proper chance, he's got some good results in his time in charge.

i hate clubs that go through multiple managers in the space of a couple of seasons. the scum being a prime example and it's not done much good for them.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:10:55 »

iffy will stay, cause he is cheap. and i don't think the board would sack him anyway. He has had to pickl up what kingy left which wasn't good, and he came close to keeping us up.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:11:39 »

Everyones making our like iffy has made some huge mistakes. He's made a few errors, but all managers do but he did it because he thought it was best. He'll learn from that , you have to take chances don't you. His signings havent been that bad either in my opinion. Its his first time being a manager and I think he's earned alot of respect from us already, I agree with what your saying melksham red and I'm not slating your opinion at all. I just think its fair we give him a chance next season and see how it goes.

RED ARMY
Melksham Red

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:24:56 »

I'm not anti Iffy, he's just not good enough and we haven't got the leisure of time on our side. In close season I want to see a manager come in who gets rid of the shit, chooses a system and his best team and sticks with it. King and Iffy are the same ie they've never got a clue what their best team is or what formation to play or they play to the opposition. Let other teams worry about us. Its no wonder the players look lost most of the time. One week its 433 the next 451 the next 442. For me we haven't changed a bit from when King was here. In fact I think we're worse.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:31:51 »

I dont know what to think anymore

We've gone for proven expirenced managers in the past, and they've all been just as shit...

We usually get lucky with the unexpirenced ones really...
Melksham Red

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:36:26 »

Fuck knows what the answer is. Anyways, fuck it. I'm off out now on the lash and bum some cheap Melksham whore. See, there are worse things than relegation. See ya.
Spud

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:56:37 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Fuck knows what the answer is. Anyways, fuck it. I'm off out now on the lash and bum some cheap Melksham whore. See, there are worse things than relegation. See ya.

Every cloud and all that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:56:56 »

I think Iffy deserves a go in League Two. Why not? I want us to keep some familarity instead of having a new manager with 9 new players... We'll just struggle for another season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:45:13 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I'm not anti Iffy, he's just not good enough and we haven't got the leisure of time on our side. In close season I want to see a manager come in who gets rid of the shit, chooses a system and his best team and sticks with it. King and Iffy are the same ie they've never got a clue what their best team is or what formation to play or they play to the opposition. Let other teams worry about us. Its no wonder the players look lost most of the time. One week its 433 the next 451 the next 442. For me we haven't changed a bit from when King was here. In fact I think we're worse.

that's actually an extremely good point and one i can't argue with whatsoever.

so i'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs until next season begins.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:47:34 »

i agree with melksham there, never thought about it like that. Its true.
DMR

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 11:00:20 »

Quote from: "Sade"
Quote from: "quinnismyhero"
I agree Sade - this was not Iffy's fault - the players were crap

People that slate iffy are just really really gullible if you ask me.

sorry sade but bollocks.

formation wrong.
tactics wrong.
starting 11 wrong.
bench wrong.
substitutions wrong.

for a few weeks running now.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 10:49:36 »

Quote from: Sade
Quote from: "quinnismyhero"
I agree Sade - this was not Iffy's fault - the players were crap

People that slate iffy are just really really gullible if you ask me.

I don't know how anyone can quite rate him as a manager just yet because we have not seen much.

I think that this statement says it all really.
[/b]

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 11:42:23 »

Cheesy I'm not getting agressive or anything....

But what do you expect ? Sorry to point out the obvious but as a club we're not in the best position are we. Iffy came in and brought hope and confidence, did you expect him to be absolutely perfect and make every single right decision despite it being the first time he's ever been a manager, let alone at a club that are struggling to stay in league 1 ?
He's doing all he can, and we know that is has not proved to be good enough so far but for gods sake look at the bigger picture! He had a huge job on his hands.

He's earnt alot of respect from the players and the majority of the fans and I can see why.

Like I said, give him a chance next season and see how he does and for me thats when I'll decide.

We are all intitled to our opinions and its fair that I have mine too  Smiley

RED ARMY
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 11:48:08 »

I'm kind of undecided on Iffy.
If he was announced as next seasons manager I wouldn't lose sleep. If he was sacked/moved aside and a new experienced manager came in I would be equally unmoved.

The man talks a good game, has clawed back the 5 points we were adrift at the foot of the table, has strengthened the squad from earlier in the season  and has laregely inherited the remainder.

On the other hand we look like going down, some of the formation and tactics have been strange, he seems not to be motivating the troups for the crunch games, and sometimes he seems far too relaxed when I am sitting by the car radio thinking" I hope he bollocks them for that performance".  

I think my major concern is how good his contacts and eye for a player are come close of season.

I don't know....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 12:20:14 »

At the end of the day, the first 13 games of this season set the tone for us.  I've remained positive and I there is still a slim chance following the win in Scunthorpe, however we are where we are now because of the pre season and first 2 months of the season.

Was Iffy to blame for that, no.  To cock-up so badly on the contracts lays firmly at the board at the times feet.  Bad decision, which I think I've seen public admissions to since.

Pre-season, despite having problems with the home games our class of opposition was shocking and in no way prepared us for what many though would be a bit of a slog season.  We also signed a raft of players with little match practise for the best part of 18 months between them.  Both these areas will have had some influence from the then Manager, and both will have had some bearing on our shocking start.

My opinion is King held on too long and the board waited for the wrong time to make the decision.  Post 2004/05 season was the time to make it, if it was likely to happen.  What happened was a prolonged period of angst which in turn bled any chance of a quick recovery from the team.  Rather than any new Manager having a chance to make immediate changes they found a team in tatters and a fanbase dwindling with little appetite (fair play to those of you who stuck with it, we can see several hundred to a thousand or so had enough, and maybe with just cause).  Several years of off the field decisions combined to meet with our on the field mediocrity and created a team as poor as I have seen for 20 years or so.

What could Iffy do?  He had one option, to try and grind out a few results, however he could, just to stop the decline.  He managed it, but it meant we were already in the need for promotion form to stay up.  Since then, with marginal confidence he has managed mid table form from the team.  That means crap games and good games, it means the team may play well in patches but return to panic habits when the pressure is on.

Has he made mistakes? Yes.  Could he have done any better? Don't think so.  Could anyone else? Not sure, but very few could turn our form into promotion form given the background, and those that could would probably not be realistic.

There, it started shit, got worse, then got a bit better and has been average since.  Lose the start and we aren't getting relegated, lose the better bit and we went down several weeks ago like Stockport last season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: