Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Facing reality  (Read 8524 times)
Sade

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:34:34 »

Well I said that if we lost today, I would be admitting that we are pretty much down and here I am doing that. I have stayed really positive in the past weeks as I really honestly thought that we would survive relegation. But today was a shambles, I love my club and I was sat there watching it when it hit me. What the hell are they doing? Where is the passion ? Everythings just fallen apart and I will be so relieved when the season uis over, just like everyone else.

We were absolutely terrible. The only positive thing I could pick up on was rhys evans who has really worked his ass of lately and was oozing with confidence.

I am a die hard swindon fan though  Cheesy  We may be down, but I will still be there every single game next season and I'm starting to look forward to it. People laugh at me when I say this, so what about the shit grounds and shit teams? I'll be watching my club go up hopefully.

And to the swindon fan in the arkells who shouted 'Iffy you are a fucking prick' when he walked up towards the stand, you should be ashamed of yourself. Fuck off, because we don't need fans like you. Only the loyal ones will stick next season out.

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:38:15 »

as long as we fuck them cunts down the A420 up next season then ill be happy! cant see us going up with the squad we have tbh. we need a major revamp!
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:44:10 »

When Iffy was walking up the stairs someone in the Nationwide shouted "Keep on walking Iffy!"  :evil:
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:44:45 »

I agree Sade - this was not Iffy's fault - the players were crap
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:47:17 »

Exactly - A fresh start and a break is needed. It will give Iffy a good chance to settle and and work more with the team.  Get rid of the dead wood, bring in some new faces. Oxford at home first game of the season ? Bring it on.

RED ARMY
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:49:10 »

the players & fans reaction to that defeat said it all.....the players know it, the fans know it....everyone knows it.

We are a league two team
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:51:05 »

Quote from: "quinnismyhero"
I agree Sade - this was not Iffy's fault - the players were crap

People that slate iffy are just really really gullible if you ask me.

The bloke has not even been here this long and he's had a fucking hard job to do but he has so much passion and you can see that. He's a good man, I don't know how anyone can quite rate him as a manager just yet because we have not seen much.

Give him a chance in league 2. He could do really well, but yes obviously if things don't go well then possible bring in another face but first give the guy a chance.

RED ARMY
Melksham Red

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:52:25 »

Why all this blind faith in Iffy. He's had 30 odd games and we're no better off than when he started. Anyone who pays their money is entitled to an opinion. I don't think he's a prick and I wouldn't shout it at him but he certainly isn't the right man for the job. His loans and tactics prove it. The players have to take most of the blame but Iffy is in no way blameless.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 17:59:58 »

Nothing wrong with Iffy - he had his head in his hands most of the second half - players cant cut it
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:00:57 »

i was about to post something along the same lines of melksham.

iffy's tactically ignorant and very naive at times. some of his signings have been questionable and some have been downright poor. however, the people who have let him down most are the players - they simply have no bottle.

however i'd give him a chance next season. he's been thrown in at the deep end, inheirited a poor squad and had no option but to sell our only goalscorer. let him build a squad in his own right and judge him on that, if things don't work out then he's got to go. i think it's unfair to judge him on this season alone, when he's been under a great deal of pressure in his first managerial role.
Melksham Red

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:02:03 »

Fair enough, Iffys a nice guy and he cares but it doesn't make him a good manager. I'd rather a cunt who didn't give a fuck and we won some fucking games.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:04:17 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Fair enough, Iffys a nice guy and he cares but it doesn't make him a good manager. I'd rather a cunt who didn't give a fuck and we won some fucking games.

Cheesy amen

/
W56196272
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:04:21 »

IF it is Iffy who is telling the players that we have to hoof the ball 30 yards everytime we get it, or that football can only be played inside a 30yd strip up the middle of the park - then I agree he should go.

I think he gives his instructions to do otherwiseand but we just have players who are incapable of playing any other way right now
Melksham Red

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:04:31 »

Quote from: "quinnismyhero"
Nothing wrong with Iffy - he had his head in his hands most of the second half - players cant cut it

Should he not of been shouting instructions rather than sitting with his head in his hands.

I like Iffy but the job is too big for him. We need experience.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 18:05:49 »

Probably right on both points Melksham...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: