Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380170 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1890 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:56:53 »

Clubs only priority is making a quick buck. Any success on the pitch is incidental

Uh huh
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1891 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:57:25 »

What the frig are you on about.

‘It’s not on’?

It’s not on to pay off our debts? It’s not on to try and run the club sustainably? It’s not on to uh, I dunno, hire an incredibly competitive manager with a great goalkeeper and a front line that on their day could run rings around anybody?

What is this entitlement some town fans have? Just because we have decent crowds doesn’t mean we should (or can) spunk our money like a drunk playing Football Manager. And whereas you might envy these tiny clubs buying players when we don’t - where do you think they’re going to be in a few years time? Fucked again and back to square one.

For the billionth time, there is not a queue of benevolent billionaires queuing up to buy Swindon that we’ve turned down. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes perhaps I should wish for somebody who actually attends supporters evenings, doesn't lie about being 100% owner and who doesn't go into hiding for 6 months when shit hits the fan. I don't trust him at all. It's fucking dodgy now. I don't trust a word the club says.

Onto the playing staff; We have probably got the smallest squad in the league! and probably the 2nd highest crowds?

We are 2-3 injuries away from being absolutely fucked. You're enjoying it now because our first 11 is competitive. I agree it's been fun to watch, but this is not sustainable. The high press system, it requires depth.

As it stands, if anything happens to FBT or Godwin-Malife we have nobody else who can fulfil those roles in our system.

Also, I don't expect to be taken over by a billionaire and I'm also not 'entitled'

I just want us to behave like a club that want to challenge. Instead of showing the intent of a Harrogate in the market.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1892 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:58:56 »

Yes perhaps I should wish for somebody who actually attends supporters evenings, doesn't lie about being 100% owner and who doesn't go into hiding for 6 months when shit hits the fan. I don't trust him at all. It's fucking dodgy now. I don't trust a word the club says.

Onto the playing staff; We have probably got the smallest squad in the league! and probably the 2nd highest crowds?

We are 2-3 injuries away from being absolutely fucked. You're enjoying it now because our first 11 is competitive. I agree it's been fun to watch, but this is not sustainable. The high press system, it requires depth.

As it stands, if anything happens to FBT or Godwin-Malife we have nobody else who can fulfil those roles in our system.

Also, I don't expect to be taken over by a billionaire and I'm also not 'entitled'

I just want us to behave like a club that want to challenge. Instead of showing the intent of a Harrogate in the market.

Preach
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1893 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:59:16 »

Can we file "competitive budget" alongside "open and transparent" and "100% owner of the football club" now please?

And Aberdeen is on the hook for this one.

be careful with what you say, clem saved us and is doing his best ok!  Clap

Bang on pericardinho 👏, some are still defending clem after the most recent whoops I sold 20% and lied to you all for a year about who Chris Kiely is

anyway. Hope that free agent market has 3 or 4 decent options.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1894 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:59:30 »

Wakeling is one of the 2 players I was ‘meh’ about losing. Alongside Shade. I don’t really rate either of them, but they are bodies.

So to get rid of him, after Flynn saying for weeks we are short of numbers and to bring absolutely no one in suggests we needed the money in my opinion.

I still think our squad is okay, but fuck me we are going to need some luck with injuries.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1895 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:00:33 »

Feels eerily similar to that fateful January deadline day where we sold DJ. Even Clem called Power out for that farce Girl Giggle
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1896 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:01:15 »

We've got our club back. And by "we" I mean Chris Kiely, Adam Hart, Zav Austin et al.

Bah humbug.  Crash
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1897 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:01:57 »

Selling Wakeling for a good fee is fine if you replace him.

If not, then it’ll look pretty desperate when one of a ageing Austin, injury prone RHM or Young get injured and we’re asking Abu Kanu and Tyrese Shade to cover for them
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1898 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:02:24 »

Genuinely thought we’d strengthen today. There’s still time for a late announcement, and free transfers, but as it stands, it’s a fairly sobering reminder of what this ownership is capable of. I’d be very let down if I was Flynn. He was very clear what squad size he needed, and we’re very, very short.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1899 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:03:41 »

Oh, I'll eat humble pie if we get 3 absolutely mustard free agents in this week.

We won't though.

COYR

Buy your season tickets you cunts.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1900 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:04:45 »

Great move for Abu Kanu thinking about it.

Technically still a 2nd year scholar isn't he? No idea / Not sure.
In terms of protecting the asset so to speak he needs to be tied down with a "pro" contract as soon as possible.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1901 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:05:34 »

We’re on the 1st of September and already asking what free agents are out there for when the window shuts. That usually shows one of two things:

You’re in a bad injury crisis
You’ve ballsed up your summer business pretty badly
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1902 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:07:12 »

Think it's time for a glass of Milk Stout {because incidentally I am a fucking hoot at parties}  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1903 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:09:42 »

When did we last have a smaller squad than this…?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1904 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:10:29 »

It seriously makes you wonder.

Imagine our amazing fans didn't back the new regime and consistently get crowds of 8-9k for the past 2 years.

Where would we be sitting today with our traditional crowds of 6-7k?

I dread to think.

Our fans have done their bit. Being taken for absolute mugs. They take this for granted and think It'll always be this way.

Pulling pints 2 years ago and now doesn't want to be anywhere near the place. It's rotten.

Up for sale please. To somebody who can afford it.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: