Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings form East End of Glasgow!  (Read 18026 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 14:31:28 »

Rideout and Bamber scored a lot more goals after leaving Swindon than they scored for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
coxyboy

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 14:32:36 »

Rideout and Bamber scored a lot more goals after leaving Swindon than they scored for us.

and ofcourse jamie cureton
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 14:41:28 »

Not with the clubs they left us for,for big money...Rideout never scored more for any one club than STFC.  Bambi got a few for Blackpool at the end of his career.

Austin I expect to fit the same template....we make some money and move on. It's what we've always done....oh and you can fit Duncan Shearer into the list.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 14:48:06 »

and ofcourse jamie cureton

I could try to explain why Cureton doesn't fit the list, but life's too short.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 14:48:36 »

In fairness to Cox and Parkin they really did not get the rub of the green in regards to being injured or actually being rated by the new manager,
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 15:52:44 »

I'm started to get fairly worried about the prospect of losing Austin in January, plenty of stories doing the rounds and I know some aren't reliable sources but they keep coming up and it was sky sports who reported the latest interest.

I'm resigned to losing him in the summer but him going next month would really fuck up our season.
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 16:10:18 »

I'm started to get fairly worried about the prospect of losing Austin in January, plenty of stories doing the rounds and I know some aren't reliable sources but they keep coming up and it was sky sports who reported the latest interest.

I'm resigned to losing him in the summer but him going next month would really fuck up our season.

agreed
coxyboy

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:26:05 »

agreed

Yeah, atleast if we keep him until the end of the season we will have to atleast attempt to replace him.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:28:15 »

Yeah, atleast if we keep him until the end of the season we will have to atleast attempt to replace him.
Not necessary, Paynter/Greer comes to mind.
Spencer_White

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:37:58 »

Id rather he did go in January if hes going to go. Otherwise you can guarantee what will happen. Big clubs will put in paltry bids all summer, and just when were about to start the season, and we havnt had the money to spend on anyone else, a big club will come in with a wacking great big bid a week before the transfer window shuts. That fucks up next season straight away. Puts everyone on a massive downer. This season we should be able to avoid relegation without Austin.

I hope he doesnt go to Celtic because I dont think he'll do well. As I said, he's a small town boy, and inspite of his celebrity, he's been able to continue his normal life pretty much as it has been before. Up there, everyone will love or hate him and Im not sure he'll be able to handle it. Cox was different, he would have done well up there.

Celtic fans can say its not a goldfish bowl all they want, but it is. The whole central belt of Scotland is! Everything old firm is blown so far out of proportion. We have been watching the referee situation with disbelief.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:37:17 by Spencer_White » Logged
coxyboy

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:44:32 »

Id rather he did go in January if hes going to go. Otherwise you can guarantee what will happen. Big clubs will put in paltry bids all summer, and just when were about to start the season, and we havnt had the money to spend on anyone else, a big club will come in with a wacking great big bid a week before the transfer window shuts. That fucks up next season straight away. Puts everyone on a massive downer. This season we should be able to avoid relegation without Austin.

I hope he doesnt go to Celtic because I dont think he'll do well. As I said, he's a small town boy, and inspite of his celebrity, he's been able to continue his normal life pretty much as it has been before. Up there, everyone will love or hate him and Im not sure he'll be able to handle it.

Celtic fans can say its not a goldfish bowl all they want, but it is. The whole central belt of Scotland is! Everything old firm is blown so far out of proportion. We have been watching the referee situation with disbelief.

I'd rather he didn't go at all, at least not straight away. I wouldn't want him to do what Don Rodgers did with his talent and stay at a Division 3ish side for most of his career when he could be playing top flight football.

I don't think Austin would flop like the likes of Beckford and Nugent have done after joining big teams from being in  lower leagues because Austin has proved he can score goals at any level - he has kept going up the levels and has had an amazing scoring record in every league he's played in.
Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:47:31 »

I don't think Austin would flop like the likes of Beckford and Nugent have done after joining big teams from being in  lower leagues because Austin has proved he can score goals at any level - he has kept going up the levels and has had an amazing scoring record in every league he's played in.

I think you are getting carried away.

Obviously no Town fan wants to see him go.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:47:53 »

I don't think Austin would flop like the likes of Beckford and Nugent have done after joining big teams from being in  lower leagues because Austin has proved he can score goals at any level - he has kept going up the levels and has had an amazing scoring record in every league he's played in.

One level within the Football League does not count proven at 'any level'.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 17:53:03 »

Austin departing in January means this season is over as far as a play off push is concerned. I don't think Wilson would be too happy with him leaving mid-season, seeing as he's already had one of his best players and captain sold before this season started.

An equally good second half of the season will only increase his value, and put us in the mix for the play offs whilst he's at it.

That said, if we don't bring in a couple of players in January then we may as well get rid because play offs aren't happening without reinforcements.
Spencer_White

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:07:58 »

Austin departing in January means this season is over as far as a play off push is concerned. I don't think Wilson would be too happy with him leaving mid-season, seeing as he's already had one of his best players and captain sold before this season started.

An equally good second half of the season will only increase his value, and put us in the mix for the play offs whilst he's at it.

That said, if we don't bring in a couple of players in January then we may as well get rid because play offs aren't happening without reinforcements.

I admire the optimism on here. But I do think its fairly deluded, what have we shown to make you think we can go 3 months unbeaten?

We can make the play offs, if we sign Danny Ward, get Dave Lucas fit, keep Charlie Austin, get a new left back, sell Morrison and replace him with a solid centre back, get Caddis and Matt Ritchie (who is still on a short term loan) to show some consistancy.

Realistically, this season is gone. We need to really focus on winning the home games, give the crowd some entertainment, try and get everyone renewing those season tickets. And obviously, stay up.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:35:56 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: