Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 146749 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:56:33 »

I just think we were told he was being appointed vice chairman the day Clem came in, and the fit and proper persons test would be done.
He’s been listed as vice chairman ever since, on club website, in programmes, in advisory board notes, he was even on Sky Sports the other month talking about the Karachi thing, and introduced as vice chairman.

Last month we were told there were legal proceedings regarding the F & P, and now this month, Clem didn’t realise one was needed and he’s no longer vice chairman.

None of it adds up, something is fishy and something is being hidden.

Also, what the fuck will happen with Karachi now, something he was supposedly funding himself, but using the clubs name. A club he is now no longer anything other than a ‘match day guest’
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:00:32 »

I’m surprised more isn’t being made of the Zav thing to be honest.

Something about that doesn’t add up, what is the real reason you keep a convicted fraudster around the club?
The club/Clem are hiding something there, and I think the Trust either know more, of aren’t pushing for answers for a reason.

On paper you could say the initial story is plausible. Two co-investors find out that they are being shafted and help each other through the process of ejecting the 'shafter', with the majority investor promising his newfound ally a cushy place on the board if it all works out, without realising about their past as a multi million pound drugs money launderer.

The reality is it stinks of bullshit.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:04:16 »

I'm quoting the latest Advisory Board:

"Last season was incredible on the pitch, as we had c£500k
unplanned income from the Manchester City match and season
tickets and other matchday revenues have been consistently high
since the takeover."

"Maintain current season ticket
levels and work to deliver
c£500k in efficiencies so that we
can become sustainable."

I’m quoting Aberdeen. A few months after the game. May have been an AB statement.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:05:36 »

I’m quoting Aberdeen. A few months after the game. May have been an AB statement.

Nuances of the amount aside, my point was more why Lindsey was allowed to torpedo a repeat cup run.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:06:25 »

Nuances of the amount aside, my point was more why Lindsey was allowed to torpedo a repeat cup run.

More to the point, torpedo a whole season.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:26:12 »

Interesting question that... I remember listening to a Morfuni interview when he was asked about a possible transfer at the very start of the season.
He was in a SUV at Brisbane Airport I think.
His answer was...basically not my decision . Others have given them a budget and over to them
Almost washing his hands of the playing side of the business of running a football club.
Reports of his management style of said plumbing business are he is over everything like a rash.
Could be a load of bullocks, but seemed others were given total responsibility to get promoted 🤔
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:35:03 »

He described himself as a hands off owner when he originally took over I believe, I think certainly his preference would be to appoint people to take the day to day decisions. Whether or not he trusts the people currently in post sufficiently I simply couldn't say.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:43:23 »

Trust is a big word with so many shady people hanging  around STFC over the last 20 years.
No... I just got the feeling others were charged with this responsibility as in separate
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:44:41 »

Could be total bollocks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:51:02 »

I don't mind Clem handing over responsibility of football side. it's necessary.

Not sure who came up with who they hand handed over to, and who came up with "the model". so far so bad
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 20:53:58 »

I wasn’t sure if I was being too harsh with my initial thoughts on these recent board minutes as whilst they do make a big step in the right direction in some areas, they also raise more questions than answer them in other areas.

To my gut feeling, the Zav and Kiely answers give a funny smell based on the contradictions in them to what we’ve already been told but as someone with 0 idea of the actual goings on behind the club and little ability to press to find out more, I’m resigned to having to take those answers and hope they’re all okay.

This is where having an entity that could press on these matters further and mention these contradictions in rebuttal would be useful but maybe these things are going on already and I don’t want to be too harsh.

All in all, just wish we were in a position where were fully clean of the old regime and we didn’t have to constantly check our alarm bells for something potentially being off. As that’s where a lot of the questioning comes from, fear of being burned like we have before.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 21:41:04 »

On paper you could say the initial story is plausible. Two co-investors find out that they are being shafted and help each other through the process of ejecting the 'shafter', with the majority investor promising his newfound ally a cushy place on the board if it all works out, without realising about their past as a multi million pound drugs money launderer.

The reality is it stinks of bullshit.

I'm pretty sure Zav has never put any money into the club, so your description as 'co-investors' is a bit off.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 21:52:50 »

I'm pretty sure Zav has never put any money into the club, so your description as 'co-investors' is a bit off.

Hope not. We’d be super fucked if he has/had done so though wouldn’t we seeing as he would never pass the fit and proper persons test.

Fact is, he’s been our vice chair, lauding it all up, leading the operation whilst Clem is in Aus and lapping it up in Karachi as Swindon town vice chairman looking for the next big star in Karachi…… 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 23:06:59 »

To my gut feeling, the Zav and Kiely answers give a funny smell based on the contradictions in them to what we’ve already been told but as someone with 0 idea of the actual goings on behind the club and little ability to press to find out more, I’m resigned to having to take those answers and hope they’re all okay.

Think that's where most of us are TBH.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 07:43:02 »

One thing people can do is continue to submit questions for the AB and, if they do, may I suggest that a more concise question may be harder to dodge. The Kiely point was buried in this word salad, and wasn't even posed as a direct question, hence the lack of answer:

"There are a lot of rumours and certainly there's something not quite right in the boardroom/football
management side. With regards to the club setting out season tickets for next year I feel that Chris Kiely and this
MPS data company should make clear just what role they have to play. It's glaringly obvious all is not well and the
silence from Clem, Zav, Sandro doesn't alleviate any fears. The Trust and us fans have all joined together for the
good of the club going forward but there's a cloud hanging over the County Ground.
Can we get some kind of honesty from the Club?. I've been a trust member from day one and defended you
vehemently but there's some nagging doubt bugging a lot of us. Please try to get some clarification and not just
piecemeal actual statements. ."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: