Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 158626 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1965 on: Today at 12:32:01 »

Struggling to muster enthusiasm for anything to do with this club.

The current structure, set up, investment and leadership means that anyone is doomed to fail.

Look how many people who are 'upper League 2 good enough' have looked garbage here within weeks, with many going on to better things.

Lindsey, Darcy, Conroy all in the play offs, Shade pulling up trees (ignore the pens!) at the top of the National League, McCarthy and FBT looking like carthorses at the back despite their known pedigree, Austin being run into the ground at 34 years old until Drinan took some of the heavy lifting on. There are so many examples.

I don't blame a single player, manager or coach who has been involved with this club since Ellis Iandolo's Vale Park pen for the state we are in. They are all on a free pass from me. It starts and ends with whoever is in the boardroom. Their decisions are manifested at every level of the club, from the Arkells toilets to our tip of a training ground, Basshunter laughing at us on our own channels and our final league position. I could go on and on. Wake me up when they are all gone.
Agree absolutely.

They do decide who makes those subs though
Yep they choose the boss the buck stops with them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1966 on: Today at 12:51:49 »

But the owners do not make the decisions on substitutes during a match. Some of them have been blind sided and cost us games.
I would love to sit here and blame Gunning for that but i doub't that is even true. I would imagine many are or were on having to play x amounts of minutes etc
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1967 on: Today at 12:59:26 »

Indeed, it made absolute sense that players would have been promised a degree of exposure as part of the deal, alongside taking their existing contract.  It was all about getting favours.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: Today at 13:14:07 »

Struggling to muster enthusiasm for anything to do with this club.

The current structure, set up, investment and leadership means that anyone is doomed to fail.

Look how many people who are 'upper League 2 good enough' have looked garbage here within weeks, with many going on to better things.

Lindsey, Darcy, Conroy all in the play offs, Shade pulling up trees (ignore the pens!) at the top of the National League, McCarthy and FBT looking like carthorses at the back despite their known pedigree, Austin being run into the ground at 34 years old until Drinan took some of the heavy lifting on. There are so many examples.

I don't blame a single player, manager or coach who has been involved with this club since Ellis Iandolo's Vale Park pen for the state we are in. They are all on a free pass from me. It starts and ends with whoever is in the boardroom. Their decisions are manifested at every level of the club, from the Arkells toilets to our tip of a training ground, Basshunter laughing at us on our own channels and our final league position. I could go on and on. Wake me up when they are all gone.

100%. I couldn't muster any enthusiasm when we scored on the final day. I couldn't get my head around how Morfuni was just sitting there and there not being an open revolt.

The only reason I check on here is in the hope that at some point, we'll be told there are new owners with the club's interests at heart and we can move forwards. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1969 on: Today at 14:03:26 »

The only reason I check on here is in the hope that at some point, we'll be told there are new owners with the club's interests at heart and we can move forwards. 

Mainly for me too. Every time I open twitter or the new beginnings thread, just looking for a shred of a rumour of something positive.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: Today at 14:31:12 »

I try to keep way from the backroom stuff because it’s really disheartening to see this club in free fall.
I too check for glimmers of hope that there’s news of new ownership because the current regime just have no clue.  This evident on and off the pitch
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: Today at 16:44:10 »

100%. I couldn't muster any enthusiasm when we scored on the final day. I couldn't get my head around how Morfuni was just sitting there and there not being an open revolt.

Same here.
Like waiting in the operating theatre watching a loved one.

This lot are a crock of shit. Absolutely clueless.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: Today at 17:15:44 »

Same here.
Like waiting in the operating theatre watching a loved one.

This lot are a crock of shit. Absolutely clueless.

I think waiting for a double circumcision & vasectomy without anaesthetic is probably just as excruciating as waiting for good news from the CG.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: