Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378877 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #2505 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 20:11:12 »

I refuse to believe we don't have a +1 year option on Khan and Hutton etc.

Else, what was the point of the 'model' if we were effectively forced to sell after one good season.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2506 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 11:55:27 »

Lots of talk of whether Austin is past it...

I appreciate injuries now more or less prevent this, and he will no doubt be sold in Jan, but I simply can't believe we haven't tried Hutton at RW wide of a front three or as RM in a midfield four with the sole brief of swinging 20+ crosses into the box a game. Austin is then told his only job is to get on the end of them.

Dokes would be better as a RB based on his rapidly atrophying defensive capabilities anyway.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2507 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:15:38 »

Hutton was pushed further forward for last 15 mins with Genesini at RB on Saturday.
Did ok.

Might be worth a go this Saturday, particularly if Young is out and Genesini can impress in training this week.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2508 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:24:09 »

Lots of talk of whether Austin is past it...

I appreciate injuries now more or less prevent this, and he will no doubt be sold in Jan, but I simply can't believe we haven't tried Hutton at RW wide of a front three or as RM in a midfield four with the sole brief of swinging 20+ crosses into the box a game. Austin is then told his only job is to get on the end of them.

Dokes would be better as a RB based on his rapidly atrophying defensive capabilities anyway.

Sold? Who’s going to pay to sign him?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2509 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:25:26 »

Sold? Who’s going to pay to sign him?

Hutton? Plenty of people
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2510 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:32:48 »

Hutton? Plenty of people
Thought you were on about Austin.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2511 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:52:15 »

Monday night panel suggesting Austin could do a good job at centre half🤔

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2512 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 21:02:31 »

Monday night panel suggesting Austin could do a good job at centre half🤔
No he couldn’t. He’s not a defender.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2513 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 21:37:56 »

No he couldn’t. He’s not a defender.

He'll fit right in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2514 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 08:59:42 »

Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2515 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 10:01:40 »

I don't get our fans obsession with trying players in unfamiliar positions, how about we sign some players in the first place that are meant for those positions?

Constantly see, let's try Austin at CB, Brewitt or Clayton at DM - this is on top off our current management playing a RB and LB at CB, numerous CM's at DM and even a Wakeling at LB at one point - and who knows where Shade plays..

If these are requirements then it just sums up what a fuck up of a recruitment strategy we have, and the way you fix it is recruit appropriate players for those positions, the conversation shouldn't really go further than that.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2516 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 10:04:45 »

I don't get our fans obsession with trying players in unfamiliar positions, how about we sign some players in the first place that are meant for those positions?

Constantly see, let's try Austin at CB, Brewitt or Clayton at DM - this is on top off our current management playing a RB and LB at CB, numerous CM's at DM and even a Wakeling at LB at one point - and who knows where Shade plays..

If these are requirements then it just sums up what a fuck up of a recruitment strategy we have, and the way you fix it is recruit appropriate players for those positions, the conversation shouldn't really go further than that.

Totally agree, Tom Broadbent up front was good fun though wasn't it?  Cool

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2517 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 10:05:15 »

Agreed Berni, doesn't much work Alan 'penalty bottler' McCormack aside - who was superb as CB
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2518 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 10:18:55 »

Brewitt and Clayton did both play DM at youth level. Rest I agree with though
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2519 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 10:31:50 »

I get what you mean football now is more about being tactically aware, we have had a few istances of strikers moving to CB etc in the past successfully and visa versa, Charlie Henry going from RB to striker, Andy Rowlands and before him Morris Owen both going back and doing well for a couple of seasons, McCormack too but football has changed in the last 5 years or so and that probably wont happen again.

Put your hand in your shallow pockets and sign a player who can already play effectively in the desired position.

Simple.

As JM says above both Brewitt and Clayton played at DM at Liverpool , Clayton did it for Scotland at U19 level, but neither have been tried their, but in the coming week if they are still here we may have to resort to that.

You mention Shade, I would like to see him in the Young role, wide striker allowed to play basically where he likes to try and utilise his pace and create havoc where even he doesnt know where he is going at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: