Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378893 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:02:37 »

The Scottish legal system has a middle verdict of not proven, where the evidence doesn't mean the beyond reasonable doubt threshold, but the defendant doesn't get to walk away saying that they're innocent of all charges.

This whole area is an absolute minefield, but I don't think many would deny that a large percentage of rapists (even more so than other criminals) escape any punishment whatsoever, which is grim. Not judging this particular case in any way, but it certainly doesn't feel great.

I think footballer David Goodwillie had a verdict of not proven. Raith Rovers and another club (tried to) signed him but after backlash from fans, did an about turn.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2326 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:03:58 »

We’ve employed a player who drunkenly killed a child. We’ve employed a player guilty of beating a woman - Gas also.

The fella has been found not guilty. It’s not for anyone else to take it upon themselves to second guess that decision.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2327 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:07:19 »

Benjamin Mendy ex Man City was also found not guilty of rape no idea where he is now.

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2328 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:07:57 »

Benjamin Mendy ex Man City was also found not guilty of rape no idea where he is now.

Playing in the French league I believe
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:09:20 »

Cheers Clap

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:10:04 »

For Lorient.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2331 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:10:53 »

We’ve employed a player who drunkenly killed a child. We’ve employed a player guilty of beating a woman - Gas also.

The fella has been found not guilty. It’s not for anyone else to take it upon themselves to second guess that decision.

And here was me thinking you were keen on people doing their own research rather than just trusting public institutions Wink
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:13:09 »

I think footballer David Goodwillie had a verdict of not proven. Raith Rovers and another club (tried to) signed him but after backlash from fans, did an about turn.

Goodwillie was taken through a civil court and ordered to pay £100,000 compensation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-38651041
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #2333 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:13:44 »

Maybe paying off Morris/Brand has had an impact on the budgie - finished now thank goodness.

Entirely their decision. People were not calling for Morris's head, he was blindsided in the January window and although the play was dire I think most fans were prepared to give him the summer. Judging by his press conferences it seems they constantly kept him in the dark and hoped he and Brand could get a tune out of who they had.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2334 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:17:49 »

Entirely their decision. People were not calling for Morris's head, he was blindsided in the January window and although the play was dire I think most fans were prepared to give him the summer. Judging by his press conferences it seems they constantly kept him in the dark and hoped he and Brand could get a tune out of who they had.

Perhaps Morris didn't need the job as much as Flynn. Decent compo from Chelsea when he and Frank got binned I'm sure, plus a decade or so there as a coach and a pretty successful playing career.

I never hated the bloke and as time as passed I've respected the fact that he called out the nonsense.

The football was largely dire, I'll grant you, but I was prepared to give him the summer.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2335 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:22:19 »

And here was me thinking you were keen on people doing their own research rather than just trusting public institutions Wink
And your intense research has found him guilty?

And, of course, unlike a trial other matters don’t get to hear both sides of the argument.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2336 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:25:39 »

….and on top of all that we signed Joey Beauchamp a die hard Oxford fan

Just FYI - I wanted Morris gone and he’d have done horribly if he stayed. Complete fraud who made a decent post playing career out of being Terry & Lampards mate
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2337 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:27:16 »

Fuck me we employed someone who gassed someone....

Whoop, a day of unfounded speculation about rape will made a refreshing change from a day of unfounded speculation about the state of the club, at least a jury makes its decisions based upon evidence though....
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2338 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:27:38 »

….and on top of all that we signed Joey Beauchamp a die hard Oxford fan

Just FYI - I wanted Morris gone and he’d have done horribly if he stayed. Complete fraud who made a decent post playing career out of being Terry & Lampards mate

I don't think anyone can deny that he was a successful youth coach, even taking into account the Cobham riches.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2339 on: Thursday, November 2, 2023, 09:31:35 »

The idea that the fans were happy to let Morris go on after 4 wins in 18 games is just more rewriting of history to suit a narrative, the fact that he doesn't seem to have popped up anywhere else says a hell of a lot.

As for the argument that he is some sort of sage that was hoodwinked into becoming our manager, has that even been proven, if he was, either he or his agent are fucking useless as a quick search of Twitter and/or the interweb would have led them here at least where it was being stated as fact that we were a skint basket case way before he took the gig, plus how long was he here until his mate Brand rolled up, arsehole of the highest order to let your mate leave a job at a top club to come to a place you know is dying on its arse.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: