Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378875 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:19:59 »

Clearly there’s budget left, because we offered a deal to a free agent (presumably Edwards).
The question is whether that’s enough for one or two in January.

He wasn't the only free agent CB available either. Know Flynn has repeatedly said he's only wanted to sign the right player/personality, but given how he strung us along all summer, it's not like the bar was high. Wasn't known to be great at passing football either, which opened up the opportunity for other free agent CB's. Makes you wonder if there was some budget there, but then disappeared/retracted
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:26:33 »

Still think we will see Wakeling back on loan in January.

0 starts for Posh. 5 sub appearances totalling about 35 minutes game time & the last of those was a month a go (Oct 3rd) been in most match day squads, so not injured.

…has already played for us this season - so can’t play for another team…
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:34:18 »

Still think we will see Wakeling back on loan in January.

0 starts for Posh. 5 sub appearances totalling about 35 minutes game time & the last of those was a month a go (Oct 3rd) been in most match day squads, so not injured.

…has already played for us this season - so can’t play for another team…

If rumours are true that we got 300K plus for him, that's an awful bit of business for Pboro?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:45:05 »

If rumours are true that we got 300K plus for him, that's an awful bit of business for Pboro?

…I mean it’s awful business on the face of it right now (0% chance that 300k was all up front) 3 months later but Pboro have an excellent track record of ‘next man up’

I can’t imagine they signed Wakeling for this season maybe not even next season either. Even if they bought him for their first team in 2 years time he’ll still only be 24.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 10:56:28 »

Re. Wakeling, I see he didn’t make Peterborough’s squad for the JPT last night and instead played for their Under 21’s earlier in the day, so he appears well down the pecking order.

I don’t think Flynn rated him, so would be surprised (but not against) him returning on loan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:05:33 »

He wasn't the only free agent CB available either. Know Flynn has repeatedly said he's only wanted to sign the right player/personality, but given how he strung us along all summer, it's not like the bar was high. Wasn't known to be great at passing football either, which opened up the opportunity for other free agent CB's. Makes you wonder if there was some budget there, but then disappeared/retracted

Or was overstated as "competitive wage" that India blew out water. Or the player just fancied something "different".

Eggs in one basket fail. But surely he wasn't the only target, maybe just the only CB.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:09:19 »

Re. Wakeling, I see he didn’t make Peterborough’s squad for the JPT last night and instead played for their Under 21’s earlier in the day, so he appears well down the pecking order.

I don’t think Flynn rated him, so would be surprised (but not against) him returning on loan.

He can't play for them in the Pizza Cup because he played for us in that competition.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2257 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:10:36 »

Or was overstated as "competitive wage" that India blew out water. Or the player just fancied something "different".

Eggs in one basket fail. But surely he wasn't the only target, maybe just the only CB.

Maybe, like the Josh Umerah 'bid' that was never going to be accepted, the Ryan Edwards to and fro was a similar excercise? His demands were X, we offered way below X continuously until he finally decided India was a good idea where he could get somewhere close to X. So it looks like we're trying to do something, but it's all very token gesture.

And yes, Matt Le Tissier did appear on my Twitter timeline this morning so i've gone all conspiracy theory! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:16:41 »

I got the impression Flynn was talking about Wakeling when he was talking about certain players not being as good as he expected looking from the outside.

Posh may be finding out the same.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2259 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:17:19 »

Maybe, like the Josh Umerah 'bid' that was never going to be accepted, the Ryan Edwards to and fro was a similar excercise? His demands were X, we offered way below X continuously until he finally decided India was a good idea where he could get somewhere close to X. So it looks like we're trying to do something, but it's all very token gesture.

And yes, Matt Le Tissier did appear on my Twitter timeline this morning so i've gone all conspiracy theory! Smiley

Forgot about Umerah, on the face of it would have been an excellent signing given some of our losses most notably Bradford and Gillingham where a change of style up top could have proved fruitful.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2260 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:20:21 »

Forgot about Umerah, on the face of it would have been an excellent signing given some of our losses most notably Bradford and Gillingham where a change of style up top could have proved fruitful.

Whenever I've seen Umerah in the flesh, he has made Adeloye look like prime R9 Ronaldo. Complete and utter L2 donkey, scampering around like bambi on ice. I can't think of a worse use of Clem's spare change, other than perhaps Elliot Benyon.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2261 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:21:28 »

Whenever I've seen Umerah in the flesh, he has made Adeloye look like prime R9 Ronaldo. Complete and utter L2 donkey, scampering around like bambi on ice. I can't think of a worse use of Clem's spare change, other than perhaps Elliot Benyon.

12 goals from 41 in League 2 last year, don't think Adeloye would manage that... I've not watched him closely enough though to be honest.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2262 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 11:32:08 »

12 goals from 41 in League 2 last year, don't think Adeloye would manage that... I've not watched him closely enough though to be honest.

I genuinely think if Adeloye played 90 mins 41 times in this team, he'd get some goals.

To be clear, I think he's garbage and it is a stain on Clem that we are even discussing his possible return.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2263 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:16:17 »

Possibly, or India upped theirs and made it take it or leave it.
We can all easily see we lose players through no fault (other than budget).

But when you fail in the window and out thw  window, and appear to be wheeling and dealing (like sacrificing Lavinier) to get people in - something ain't "right".

I quite like LSP's musings maybe its linked to the yet to be paid back covid hardship loans hitting us with restrictions.

Previously I had thought it felt like hitting the wage cap...soapy tit wank I know...the above is much more sensible.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2264 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 13:17:43 »

Possibly, or India upped theirs and made it take it or leave it.
We can all easily see we lose players through no fault (other than budget).

But when you fail in the window and out thw  window, and appear to be wheeling and dealing (like sacrificing Lavinier) to get people in - something ain't "right".

I quite like LSP's musings maybe its linked to the yet to be paid back covid hardship loans hitting us with restrictions.

Previously I had thought it felt like hitting the wage cap...soapy tit wank I know...the above is much more sensible.

Agreed. Insightful conjecture.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: