Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: The search is on for new boss as MacDonald quits  (Read 19703 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:29:41 »

Like who exactly? This constant casting to the extremes is tiresome. Just because someone doesn't agree with your doom-laden prophecies of catastrophe doesn't mean they think everything's wonderful, they just maybe think that the pessimism can go a bit OTT on occasion. You look for a reaction and you get it, that doesn't mean the world always divides black and white into doom merchants and happy clappers.

What is tiresome, is making what I consider to be wholly reasonable posts about the direction the club seems to be heading, and getting slagged off without proper debate.  My basic premise since the new Board came in has always been a need to be vigilant about their actions and motives...which given the circumstances of the takeover, seems wholly reasonable. The ins and outs up to last week suggesting that continued vigilance is prudent.

As regards the manager; at the time of KMac's appointment I stated I was happy with him, and he shouldn't be judged on his work for 12/13, but for 13/14 when the circumstances would change radically due to the need to downsize the club, and the inevitable reliance on kids and loans...of course many stated that this was the usual doom laden bollocks.

At no point, have I criticised the policy of downsizing the club, as I've always stated we're a small club, a fact I hope is reflected in the remunerations taken by the Board members for their "time".  Of course stating we're a small club, leads to the usual criticism for Eeyore like tendencies.

I've no problem with initiatives like the gigs, as long as the pitch doesn't get ruined, as has previously happened...I've welcomed the news that pitch investment is to be kept at the previous recent levels...

I like initiatives like the proposal to stick a roof on the Bank...but will like it even more if it actually happens.

My main concern atm is the impact of Lee Power...it may be coincidence that in the week he's formally announced as effectively DoF, the manager quits, KMac had previously stated he'd been communicating with him so the announcement might have been no more than a formality.

It may even be that Power has something planned out all ready, so we'll get a seamless transition...guess we'll find out soon enough for better or worse.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:39:51 »

I agree with Reg
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:48:23 »

The club is being run by a bunch of clowns. Nothing new there. All I personally care about is what happens on the pitch. August 3rd can't come soon enough! Regardless of who is in charge and who is playing they will ALL have my support.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:59:17 »

All of that is perfectly reasonable Reg and I'd agree with most of that. What I took exception to and prompted my use of the word "tiresome" was this
many on here reckon everything in the garden is rosy.
which is palpable bollocks. Which may amount to "slagging you off without proper debate", but then that didn't constitute a "wholly reasonable post". When you post reasonable sensible notes of caution about the direction of the club, which you often do, those posts largely get proper answers, even if folk don't agree with you. And in my personal opinion, people dismiss those signs of caution at their peril. But as I said above don't be surprised if people react when you just post bollocks with no substance
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:04:39 »

It's like Flash/Jutty all over again  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:06:27 »

It's like Flash/Jutty all over again  Wink
It's not nearly so camp as that, definite homoerotic flirting between those two. With me and Reg it's good old-fashioned manly respect. And not a hint of Greco-Roman wrestling in front of the fire. Oh no. Not at all.
Red Jed

« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:19:13 »

What is tiresome, is making what I consider to be wholly reasonable posts about the direction the club seems to be heading, and getting slagged off without proper debate.  My basic premise since the new Board came in has always been a need to be vigilant about their actions and motives...which given the circumstances of the takeover, seems wholly reasonable. The ins and outs up to last week suggesting that continued vigilance is prudent.

As regards the manager; at the time of KMac's appointment I stated I was happy with him, and he shouldn't be judged on his work for 12/13, but for 13/14 when the circumstances would change radically due to the need to downsize the club, and the inevitable reliance on kids and loans...of course many stated that this was the usual doom laden bollocks.

At no point, have I criticised the policy of downsizing the club, as I've always stated we're a small club, a fact I hope is reflected in the remunerations taken by the Board members for their "time".  Of course stating we're a small club, leads to the usual criticism for Eeyore like tendencies.

I've no problem with initiatives like the gigs, as long as the pitch doesn't get ruined, as has previously happened...I've welcomed the news that pitch investment is to be kept at the previous recent levels...

I like initiatives like the proposal to stick a roof on the Bank...but will like it even more if it actually happens.

My main concern atm is the impact of Lee Power...it may be coincidence that in the week he's formally announced as effectively DoF, the manager quits, KMac had previously stated he'd been communicating with him so the announcement might have been no more than a formality.

It may even be that Power has something planned out all ready, so we'll get a seamless transition...guess we'll find out soon enough for better or worse.
I have read this forum for years before registering and you have always been by far THE most negative of posters that I have read, by miles.

You are always evasive when confronted and in the way a politician would answer you bypass the question and make yourself so hard done by.

You are more to blame than many for creating a divide between fans calling them happy clappers/doom mongers.

Not ever has any poster said all is rosy at STFC yet you decide that they have and created your own argument based upon your own Swindon insecurites, lets face it you love an argument and yes sometimes you have a good argument but most of the time it is to get a reaction from people such as Flasheart or Pauld or DV or Peter Venkman or whoever is the target for having some optimism etc etc and anyone that makes a personal attack against these posters you seem to back them up shouting down their opinions as much as they do yours.....your post is incredibly ironic that you cannot see that you yourself do EXACTLY what you moan at others for doing about shouting down posts without argument.

Cant we just agree to disagree on opinions rather than trying to create a divide amongst fans for "scoring points" on a fucking internet forum? pathetic in the extreme.

I am neither a happy clapper or doom monger and I dont think anyone else is, we all have worries about the ownership but some of us are much more tolerant of other people opinions and dont label them immediately...which creates animosity between groups...groups which certain posters like to create themselves and label other posters in despite there actually being no differing groups at all.

We are ALL concerned even the ones that seem more optimistic.

That is all I am ever going to say on the subject.

Lets just get on with supporting Swindon through thick and thin, some fans fuck off at the first sign of trouble but almost all of us it would seem want the club to be successful and win things and maybe with the right manager coming in we actually can start doing that again, I for one want to get back to supporting Swindon on the pitch and not being overly concerned by whats going on behind the scenes again.

I will become anti board if and when I am given reason to do so, currently they seem to be doing pretty much the right thing and maybe Kevin Mac actually left because he felt he couldn't do the job? I dont think he needs to come out in public as it could harm his chances of employment in the future and it could harm the club, he did the honourable thing and resigned....lets move on and get the new manager in, whether its somebody with a Spurs link or not I don't care as long as we produce the good on the pitch where it matters.....and if we dont them we move on with another manager.

We as fans will be around a fucking lot longer than ANY manager or player at the club so we follow who is in charge and a divided fan base does nothing for support of the team at all so why dont we try and back the team whoever is in charge?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:21:32 »

Never heard of Bart?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:23:13 »

It's not nearly so camp as that, definite homoerotic flirting between those two. With me and Reg it's good old-fashioned manly respect. And not a hint of Greco-Roman wrestling in front of the fire. Oh no. Not at all.

You can be Alan Bates to my Ollie Reed

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:24:40 »

You can be Alan Bates to my Ollie Reed
Oh great, so you get all the booze then? Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:25:16 »

It's like Flash/Jutty all over again  Wink

BUT we love each other really.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:29:40 »

Reg's realistic view can upset some posters but not me. Some people live in a red n White dream world.

BUT nobody can defend the fact that on July 15th we have no fucking manager.....I defy anybody to defend that shambolic state of affairs.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:34:34 »

Oh great, so you get all the booze then? Smiley

I think all the evidence suggests I spend more time in pubs than you...of course there will be some on here who deny this stating " no Davis spends more time drinking at home than Smeeton, which is not being accounted for" further Smeeton is trying to undermine the very foundations of the TEF with his philopolemicism.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:41:30 »

You piss pot Reg Smiley

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:02:49 »

I think all the evidence suggests I spend more time in pubs than you...of course there will be some on here who deny this stating " no Davis spends more time drinking at home than Smeeton, which is not being accounted for"
No chance am I going head-to-head with you in a drinking competition. Petty arguments on forums are one thing, but I know my limits! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: