Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: The search is on for new boss as MacDonald quits  (Read 19941 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:42:24 »

Not to me it doesn't. I genuinely have no interest in watching an official reserve team.

edit: Oh wait, you said "some players" as in we could recruit from other clubs/home grow some. That's different to what I was proposing with the hypothetical.
Flashheart

« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:45:58 »

How would it be a reserve team if it is our 1st team?

Like it or not we are currently a 3rd tier team and have to rely on players that are not good enough for higher leagues,  too young or past it. Every team in L1 is full of reserves or rejects from clubs higher up the chain.
Levi lapper

« Reply #62 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:49:08 »

Nonsense.

If (and I know it's an if) we went up would people still be complaining that some of our players happened to come from a particular club? Would people look back on the 2013/14 promotion season back into the Championship and lament our 'loss of dignity'?

No. No they wouldn't.

All that matters is whether or not they are good enough.

I think you are wrong.

I'd rather be a supporter of a shit independent football club.

If I was only interested in success I'd support Man United.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:52:34 »

How would it be a reserve team if it is our 1st team?.

Well, because when I said if it was an 'Spurs B' team I meant officially, above board, sanctioned by the league.

Mind you even if it was unofficial with only 1 club providing our players I think I would feel the same.

Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:52:39 »

I think you are wrong.

I'd rather be a supporter of a shit independent football club.

If I was only interested in success I'd support Man United.

So when's the last time you kicked off about us taking on loans from other teams.

We got Simon Cox on a loan from Reading. A rival club. Did you complain then about us being dependent on other clubs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:54:08 »

So when's the last time you kicked off about us taking on loans from other teams.

We got Simon Cox on a loan from Reading. A rival club. Did you complain then about us being dependent on other clubs?

No problem with a business like relationship with another club, but not interested in anything that takes away our autonomy.

Huh??? Don't see where you are coming from BR, the above quote is clear enough??
Flashheart

« Reply #66 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:56:08 »

Think I should add that if it was the spurs hierarchy calling the shots in regard to which teams we play then I would also say fuck off.

Asides from that I could not give a flying one where our players come from. Their ability is the only thing that concerns me. I cannot understand this resentment to us accepting these players from spurs.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:56:50 »

I thought the hypothetical question was in relation to becoming the official feeder team, name change and all? I don't care about loans or first dibs or whatever else is going on.

However, a direct change to the identity of the club would make me question my support but that won't happen.
Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:57:13 »

Huh??? Don't see where you are coming from BR, the above quote is clear enough??

We're overlapping in posts, innit.
Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:59:35 »

I think it's my fault and I've misread what was being said. Sorry.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:59:54 »

We're overlapping in posts, innit.

Fink so blood.

So consensus so far is strong links yes, feeder arrangement no.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 20:14:26 »

If we were to officially become a Spurs B/reserve feeder club I wouldn't have any interest in following us. But as it stands we have a relationship with a top premier league side which offers us the cream of their emerging talent. As long as it's not an exclusive arrangement and our club still has autonomy I see only a positive.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 20:17:02 »

If we were to officially become a Spurs B/reserve feeder club I wouldn't have any interest in following us. But as it stands we have a relationship with a top premier league side which offers us the cream of their emerging talent. As long as it's not an exclusive arrangement and our club still has autonomy I see only a positive.

FWIW totally agree, though I've no idea if the cream of their talent is good enough yet.

Pritchard sounds like he was in demand so I've got hopes from him, Luongo looked half decent, Byrne has potential, the others no idea.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 20:39:00 »

If Spurs tried to circumvent the rules and make us an unofficial B team by loaning us players and letting us sign players with a cheap buyback clause then you can be sure the FA/FL would punish us and not Spurs.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 20:53:01 »

Official or unofficial, the club could go fuck themselves. Under the current rules, we can't be the 1st one. Lets see what develops over the next week or so but we are in danger of becoming the second one. I'm Town, end of.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: