Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: The search is on for new boss as MacDonald quits  (Read 19942 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:03:44 »

BUT nobody can defend the fact that on July 15th we have no fucking manager.....I defy anybody to defend that shambolic state of affairs.
I don't think anyone is, are they? It's clearly all a bit of a horse's arse.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:07:01 »

Reg's realistic view can upset some posters but not me. Some people live in a red n White dream world.

BUT nobody can defend the fact that on July 15th we have no fucking manager.....I defy anybody to defend that shambolic state of affairs.

I'm probably one of the posters Reg refers to as thinking everything is 'rosy'. I'm not upset by his 'realism', although at times it does seem like certain posters (not just him, I'd hasten to add, before anyone thinks this is becoming a personal attack) will deliberately try and find the negative in a situation.

The loss of Kmac is a case in point. We've lost our manager in pre-season. That's not exactly the best situation in the world (slight understatement), and everyone with half a brain can see that. The actual reasons for his exit have yet to come out, and there are several explanations that are contradictory, or don't make much sense, but immediately lots of posters have jumped on the 'slate the board, it must be their fault' bandwagon. Which is tiresome to read every time I come on here, if nothing else. It may well turn out that Powers' involvement has triggered this, but it's equally likely Kmac couldn't handle a couple of negative chants, or he's been offered a cushy job elsewhere, or any number of equally viable theories. Immediately jumping to the conclusion it's the board's fault often can distract from the real reasons.

I am not a board apologist. I have my worries about them, concerns about Power etc., but deliberately trying to find the bad in everything that happens at STFC and blaming it on them just seems a bit childish and ridiculous. They have been poor with regards to their PR and answering questions properly, and that has only fuelled the negativity that some fans have felt towards them.

The business meetings held recently were a good example as to how the board can conduct themselves well in the face of the fans, instead of answering questions incoherently on Twitter. Perhaps a few more of those and a few less ROAAAARS and they might begin to change a few people's minds.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:54:32 »

Although Reg was wrong to say people think everything is rosey his points in general lately have been bang on the money imo.
Actions speak louder than words so whatever board members said the other day was irrelivant to me. What we have seen is a number of false staements which then come to nothing, the squad dismantled and filled with kids and many from one club alone, the manager quitting before the season has even begun.

Everyone will have a different take on any issue but i'm struggling to see many positives at the club. Even Moreshead's headlines are becoming more and more negative by the day and he's been pretty optimistic. It's not looking good
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:56:23 by arriba » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:14:04 »

I'm in Reg and arriba's club.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:18:19 »

Me too. Must be age related  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:22:46 »

Me too, Still got my ST which ill be using but to be honest for the 1st time in a long time I'm not at present excited the season is almost upon us.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:30:21 »

I don't know whether it is an age related thing or not, because if it is I will have to join the club!!  However, I do feel some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee.  Black and PDC have gone, there's no going back.  The club was up for sale for at least 6 months prior to the current people taking over and we were not exactly knocked down in the rush to take it on, it was only when Black provided the necessary impetus by withdrawing his funding that matters came to a head and the present board took over - a big gamble by everybody, had it not gone through we were going into administration and they took it over without going through due diligence.  At least give them some credit for that, they had never run a football club, didn't have the first idea of what was involved but have knuckled down and are at least trying to put OUR club on a more even footing.  Communication is, or was, definitely not their strong point but they do appear to be working on it. Yes, it is hard to swallow that we cannot get any tom, dick or harry into the club - as we were able to with the previous lot - and the pennies have to be watched, but we do still have a club to support, it just may not be as successful as we would all hope for.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:47:10 »

Although Reg was wrong to say people think everything is rosey his points in general lately have been bang on the money imo.
Actions speak louder than words so whatever board members said the other day was irrelivant to me. What we have seen is a number of false staements which then come to nothing, the squad dismantled and filled with kids and many from one club alone, the manager quitting before the season has even begun.

Everyone will have a different take on any issue but i'm struggling to see many positives at the club. Even Moreshead's headlines are becoming more and more negative by the day and he's been pretty optimistic. It's not looking good

This sums up how I feel about it all. Looking for some sign that we won't be completely rubbish this season.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:50:59 »

I will agree that it is hard to find many positives at the moment.

but with that in mind you can't argue that so many of our fans will take any peice of bad news and blow it well out of proportion.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:51:25 »

I don't know whether it is an age related thing or not, because if it is I will have to join the club!!  However, I do feel some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee.  Black and PDC have gone, there's no going back.  The club was up for sale for at least 6 months prior to the current people taking over and we were not exactly knocked down in the rush to take it on, it was only when Black provided the necessary impetus by withdrawing his funding that matters came to a head and the present board took over - a big gamble by everybody, had it not gone through we were going into administration and they took it over without going through due diligence.  At least give them some credit for that, they had never run a football club, didn't have the first idea of what was involved but have knuckled down and are at least trying to put OUR club on a more even footing.  Communication is, or was, definitely not their strong point but they do appear to be working on it. Yes, it is hard to swallow that we cannot get any tom, dick or harry into the club - as we were able to with the previous lot - and the pennies have to be watched, but we do still have a club to support, it just may not be as successful as we would all hope for.

That's a fair reflection of how I'm feeling at the moment.

Obviously as a fan I want the club to be as successful as possible on and off the pitch, and it remains to be seen where we are headed on both counts. But their doesn't appear to be an imminent danger of the club going bust and I can't pass comment on the quality of the team until we've seen them play (not to mention who is calling the shots in the dugout come 3rd August).

A lot of my enjoyment from going to watch Swindon comes from catching up with people and meeting mates that you never see otherwise for a drink before the game. At least there should be plenty to talk about at the first few fixtures this season, as everyone puts their view forward of how things could and should be done better and who of the new team looks any good or a bag of shit (much as we do on here).

That's half the fun of being a football fan to me, and while my enjoyment is obviously greater when the team is doing well, this situation as is certainly wouldn't keep me away.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:56:08 »

I will agree that it is hard to find many positives at the moment.

but with that in mind you can't argue that so many of our fans will take any peice of bad news and blow it well out of proportion.
how is it being blown out of proportion?
You say yourself it's hard to find many positives.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:55:30 »

A lot of my enjoyment from going to watch Swindon comes from catching up with people and meeting mates that you never see otherwise for a drink before the game. At least there should be plenty to talk about at the first few fixtures this season, as everyone puts their view forward of how things could and should be done better and who of the new team looks any good or a bag of shit (much as we do on here).

That's half the fun of being a football fan to me, and while my enjoyment is obviously greater when the team is doing well, this situation as is certainly wouldn't keep me away.

That's the kind of attitude that kept me going through the Andy King years, that I don't really go to the football for the football. And back then I didn't, and I had some good evenings in the pub talking about what a pile of shit we were with my friends.

But however many people want to rewrite it as the most disastrous period in our club's history, the Paolo Di Canio / Jeremy Wray year-and-half reignited in me the idea that I could go to the football for the football. Having drifted away from the club I bought right back in. That's where the disappointment and disinterest in the current state of affairs stems from in my case.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 14:16:50 »

how is it being blown out of proportion?
You say yourself it's hard to find many positives.

It's hard to find positives but that doesnt mean people should search for negatives that aren't there. Some of the accusations thrown at the board have been ridiculous, and the abuse also seems unwarranted (at the moment).

Look at how mental this forum & twitter go when bad news breaks. Conspiracy theory galore.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 14:17:46 »

What is tiresome, is making what I consider to be wholly reasonable posts about the direction the club seems to be heading, and getting slagged off without proper debate.  My basic premise since the new Board came in has always been a need to be vigilant about their actions and motives...which given the circumstances of the takeover, seems wholly reasonable. The ins and outs up to last week suggesting that continued vigilance is prudent.

As regards the manager; at the time of KMac's appointment I stated I was happy with him, and he shouldn't be judged on his work for 12/13, but for 13/14 when the circumstances would change radically due to the need to downsize the club, and the inevitable reliance on kids and loans...of course many stated that this was the usual doom laden bollocks.

At no point, have I criticised the policy of downsizing the club, as I've always stated we're a small club, a fact I hope is reflected in the remunerations taken by the Board members for their "time".  Of course stating we're a small club, leads to the usual criticism for Eeyore like tendencies.

I've no problem with initiatives like the gigs, as long as the pitch doesn't get ruined, as has previously happened...I've welcomed the news that pitch investment is to be kept at the previous recent levels...

I like initiatives like the proposal to stick a roof on the Bank...but will like it even more if it actually happens.

My main concern atm is the impact of Lee Power...it may be coincidence that in the week he's formally announced as effectively DoF, the manager quits, KMac had previously stated he'd been communicating with him so the announcement might have been no more than a formality.

It may even be that Power has something planned out all ready, so we'll get a seamless transition...guess we'll find out soon enough for better or worse.

This! Fed up of making rational relevant points about this board and explaining my reasonable cynicism and being told to 'stop moaning'
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 14:52:53 »

Stop moaning about being told to stop moaning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: