Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Frampton - 1 month loan  (Read 33307 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:35:19 »

Agree with all of this.

Morrison has been excellent at times this year but we need an experienced defender to play alongside Cuthbert and get the best out of him. Doesn't mean Sean has to leave or is shit (although its more fun if we all have hissy fits and over-react about everything, I know).

Sean is still a promising CB, with a price tag to match. Why cant he be third choice CB for now, play the odd game and keep developing?

Everyone was crying about getting a CB in, and an experienced one at that. We've now done that, and people are kicking off about how unfair it is on Morrison and that we didn't really need one?

I have never said we need a centre back.........we need a couple of front players to score the goals Paynter did....for me Cuthbert and Morrison are a promising pair and need praise,not kicked in the balls when the whole team is pants......as they were v Orient.....Austin aside.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:35:50 »

But Leefer, you can't have it both ways. You agree we should have replaced Greer, yet you think Morrison should not be dropped ?  Are you saying that Morrison is better than Cuthbert ?, because I'd have to disagree there.

I'd agree that Morrison wouldn't like it, but that's the challenge for him isn't it?  if he goes to Newcastle (regardless of the fee) he's not going to get much first team action is he ?  (Much more money, granted)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #107 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:41:48 »

I would actually say he has been better tha Cuthbert this season
Crafty_Cockney

« Reply #108 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:44:32 »

'Wall supporter here.

Just to clarify to anyone that's remotely interested. Framps will give his all in every game that he plays in.

He's not the most technically gifted or speedy player you'll see but you wont find many people that wear their heart on their sleeve like he does. He'll battle for every ball and will inspire others.

He won our player of the year award back in 08/09 due to his never say die attitude. He gave his all during that season and the fans appreciated it. At this level you're not going to get world beaters but so long as someone is willing to put themself about or the good of the team then you can't go far wrong.

With regards to the 'toddling off' comment, Framps is deemed surplus to requirements now. It's a shame as his mentality is hard to come by in modern day footballers. As such I wouldn't be surprised if he impresses Wilson, and you lot, and then Wilson puts in a cheeky £50k bid to take him off of our hands. I couldn't see us turning that down to be honest and you'd have got a bargain for a League One defender that will rarely let you down.

He'll always be welcome back at our place if and when he returns as he epitomises what most supporters want in a player at this level.

I hope he impresses and does well for you as a nicer bloke would be hard to find.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:44:49 »

But Leefer, you can't have it both ways. You agree we should have replaced Greer, yet you think Morrison should not be dropped ?  Are you saying that Morrison is better than Cuthbert ?, because I'd have to disagree there.

I'd agree that Morrison wouldn't like it, but that's the challenge for him isn't it?  if he goes to Newcastle (regardless of the fee) he's not going to get much first team action is he ?  (Much more money, granted)

Not saying i would replace Morrison!!!!!!!!!!!

DW is going to so all i am saying is why?........he has been no worse or better than others,in fact he has had some great games...why fukin drop him?
Ball and Ritchie were shocking last week...so was Cuthbert and Manks..why Morrison the scapegoat.
If you are going to drop players as Wilson has said he is.........one month loanees is not and wont ever be the answer....your just back to square one further down the line.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:48:55 »

Do you really think he's only going to be here a month? I'd put money on him being a Town player proper by February.

The back for has been crying out for an experienced head, we finally get it and that's still flawed in some peoples eyes. Cuthbert has more consistancy than Sean, it makes sense for Frampton to play alongside the older of the two imo.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
girlyred

« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:55:47 »

Cuthberts the stand in captain for now so theres no chance of him sitting on the subs bench warming his very pert arse   Smug Fuck Off 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:56:04 »

Do you really think he's only going to be here a month? I'd put money on him being a Town player proper by February.

The back for has been crying out for an experienced head, we finally get it and that's still flawed in some peoples eyes. Cuthbert has more consistancy than Sean, it makes sense for Frampton to play alongside the older of the two imo.

Well it seems that DW agrees with you...........we will see,its not flawed in my eyes as you seem to be hinting.
The last thing i am saying on the subject is this.......dropping Morrison isn't the answer to the teams problems at present.
For me personally i would rather bring on a young promising player...in fact a very good player rather than dropping him..........but whos to say he will be dropped,i hope he is in the team.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:56:42 »

I would actually say he has been better tha Cuthbert this season

Agreed
girlyred

« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 11:12:32 »

Me too
Barry Scott

« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 11:13:53 »

'Wall supporter here.

Just to clarify to anyone that's remotely interested. Framps will give his all in every game that he plays in.

He's not the most technically gifted or speedy player you'll see but you wont find many people that wear their heart on their sleeve like he does. He'll battle for every ball and will inspire others.

He won our player of the year award back in 08/09 due to his never say die attitude. He gave his all during that season and the fans appreciated it. At this level you're not going to get world beaters but so long as someone is willing to put themself about or the good of the team then you can't go far wrong.

With regards to the 'toddling off' comment, Framps is deemed surplus to requirements now. It's a shame as his mentality is hard to come by in modern day footballers. As such I wouldn't be surprised if he impresses Wilson, and you lot, and then Wilson puts in a cheeky £50k bid to take him off of our hands. I couldn't see us turning that down to be honest and you'd have got a bargain for a League One defender that will rarely let you down.

He'll always be welcome back at our place if and when he returns as he epitomises what most supporters want in a player at this level.

I hope he impresses and does well for you as a nicer bloke would be hard to find.

Thanks for that. So obviously he has the leadership qualities we lack, but it seems you played him most at left back, what's he like at centre half?
Crafty_Cockney

« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 11:23:28 »

Thanks for that. So obviously he has the leadership qualities we lack, but it seems you played him most at left back, what's he like at centre half?

He was played predominantly at left back due to our first choice left back being injured for that season. Also, we had a settled CB pairing that Jacket was always reluctant to break up.

Whenever Frampton played at CB he looked more assured than he did at LB, despite playing very well for us there. As I say, he isn't the quickest player you'll ever see, but he more than makes up for that with heart and determination.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 12:27:31 »

Well it seems that DW agrees with you...........we will see,its not flawed in my eyes as you seem to be hinting.
The last thing i am saying on the subject is this.......dropping Morrison isn't the answer to the teams problems at present.
For me personally i would rather bring on a young promising player...in fact a very good player rather than dropping him..........but whos to say he will be dropped,i hope he is in the team.

Dropping Morrison per say isnt the answer to our problems but getting an experience centre back in there with one of Morrison and Cuthbert is at least one answer to some of our problems. The defence has been an unorganized sloppy messy all season and we've conceded alot of shit goals, that in truth shouldnt have happened. Which has rather obviously cost us points.

For the most part, like you leefer - I'd rather rely on our players even if they are young (I'd certain be in favour of Thompson starting at right back tomorrow) but the fact is we dont have a young player with the leadership skills the backline misses. I dont care how long Frampton is or isnt here for, he is needed in our defence right away.

As has been said, Morrison has had better games than Cuthbert but also worse games than Cuthbert. Probably made more shockers as well.

Hopefully which every one is paired with Frampton will click along side him and perform much better. Say what you like about Cuthbert this season but he was fantastic last season, an absolute rock at the back, a consistent rock. Something Morrison has never really shown for us.

Plus, at the end of the day we need results - anyway we can get them, with whichever personnel.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 14:58:42 »

Ace, now we got Bryan Ferry, Lionel Ritchie and Peter Frampton. We can make an 80's super group!

Possibly Glen Campbell as well.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 15:03:35 »

We should never have let Sheena go.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: