Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Frampton - 1 month loan  (Read 32585 times)
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:18:20 »

Just for those who haven't seen it yet, we've signed Frampton from Millwall on loan... good signing to my mind! Well done DW!  Clap

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8480595.BREAKING_NEWS__Town_snap_up_centre_back/

"TOWN have signed Millwall defender Andy Frampton on a one-month loan deal.
The 31-year-old, who can play at centre-back or left-back, will go straight into the squad to face Yeovil on Saturday.

Frampton won Millwall's Player of the Season award in 2008-09, and has also turned out for Crystal Palace, Brentford and Leyton Orient. "

Hope he does well and it gets extended...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:25:40 »

That looks a spot on signing.
REDBUCK

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:28:08 »

What do we need him for.? Who's he going to replace.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:28:32 »

Isn't he the psycho that kung-fu kicked Douglas a couple of seasons ago?

He'll do for me Smiley
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:28:58 »

Yeah an older head who can play on the left or the middle, got player of the year a couple of years ago for Millwall.

Gutsy player who will hopefully steady the ship in defence and bring about a bit more consistency. Obviously wants to be playing first team football if he's happy to come on loan at 31. Would love to see him do well, and for this to get extended
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:29:00 »

Looks the right sort of signing to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:29:06 »

Ace, now we got Bryan Ferry, Lionel Ritchie and Peter Frampton. We can make an 80's super group!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:30:09 »

Weirdly Frampton is one of those players I remember from Millwall and Palace before that. He's a big lad, and a mouthy lad but he's strong and well able to look after himself and others.

Guess he hasn't been brought in to sit on the bench.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:30:47 »

Ace, now we got Bryan Ferry, Lionel Ritchie and Peter Frampton. We can make an 80's super group!

Can we find a slot for the ghost of Jim Morrison?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:31:54 »

Good signing, he brings leadership and experience to the back 4.  Interesting that he seems to be a left sided centre half as well so will bring balance to the defence.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:35:21 »

Good signing, he brings leadership and experience to the back 4.  Interesting that he seems to be a left sided centre half as well so will bring balance to the defence.

Do you actually know owt about this fella apart from the bit in the Adver.  He might be Greer, he might be Carl Tiler....let's just have a look before passing judgement.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:38:08 »

Bit harsh Reg, he's a solid top-half L1 defender. I'd imagine he's been brought in as a left sided CB rather than a full back even though he's more of a left back by trade. Done quite well for Millwall last year
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:43:06 »

Great signing IMO. Hopefully can be made into a permanent deal. Bet Morrison will be happy, but if we can keep Frampton maybe that opens the door for Morrison to move. Ok getting ahead of myself but cracking signing none the less.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:44:42 »

Bit harsh Reg, he's a solid top-half L1 defender. I'd imagine he's been brought in as a left sided CB rather than a full back even though he's more of a left back by trade. Done quite well for Millwall last year

All I'm saying is let's have a look before passing judgement...he hasn't played much football in 2010.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 09:46:58 »

Do you actually know owt about this fella apart from the bit in the Adver.  He might be Greer, he might be Carl Tiler....let's just have a look before passing judgement.

The fact he was player of the season year before last for Milwall when they got to play off final I would say means we have a good signing on our hands.  He has played over 250 games at this level and is a leader having captained Brentford for a time as well.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: