Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Frampton - 1 month loan  (Read 33112 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 15:04:36 »

Possibly Glen Campbell as well.

Let's just hope those who're bigging Frampton up, aren't, left eating Humble Pie tomorrow.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 15:18:01 »

Let's just hope those who're bigging Frampton up, aren't, left eating Humble Pie tomorrow.

Indeed, for his debut perhaps we can have a 'Wichita linesman'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 15:51:54 »

As I say, he isn't the quickest player you'll ever see, but he more than makes up for that with heart and determination.
a la Shaun Taylor??
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 15:55:14 »

I think Leefer has gone nuts.

Loans don't work = Ward, Ferry, Greer, Cox, Darby, Sheehan, etc - it's about the quality and their desire to play.  If they have that, then it matters not.

Defence not a problem - check out the last few games and how shakey we have looked.  I'd suggest the right back slot is the most concerning, but the missing item was experience, so if that means a centre back giving way to shore up the whole lot, so be it.

Attack being our problem - how many have we scored in the last 3 games, 8 isn't it?  Doesn't strike me as a problem.  In fact, we've started the same way as last year but the wrong way around.  Last year we didn't score enough and it cost us with a few low scoring draws.  This year it's a goalscoring lottery.

Frampton seems, on the face of it, to be a good signing.  It it annoys someone that he come in and replaces them, get over it.  If he performs, he stays in, if he plays just as bad, he'll go back and that player will probably get their spot back.  Put the performances in, and nobody need worry about their place.  Austin aside, nobody is safe right now.  A few wins on the bounce and our confidence, position and season may well all look very different, so this kind of signing makes sense.  Just like Greer's did when he came in.
gaz1969

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 17:55:22 »

Alright lads, I think this is a good move as he offers good experience and has the Grear element we are missing, he will be value and can teach our younguns a thing or to i hope, don't think he will replace Morrison long term - he will be back to Millwall i think after his loan spell

HAHA those Millwall fans think they will get a deal with Austin, what was it 600k they offered last time, well it it a funny old game and anything can happen but the money would have to be better than this insult imo of course

COUR
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 20:50:22 »

I think Leefer has gone nuts.

Loans don't work = Ward, Ferry, Greer, Cox, Darby, Sheehan, etc - it's about the quality and their desire to play.  If they have that, then it matters not.

Defence not a problem - check out the last few games and how shakey we have looked.  I'd suggest the right back slot is the most concerning, but the missing item was experience, so if that means a centre back giving way to shore up the whole lot, so be it.

Attack being our problem - how many have we scored in the last 3 games, 8 isn't it?  Doesn't strike me as a problem.  In fact, we've started the same way as last year but the wrong way around.  Last year we didn't score enough and it cost us with a few low scoring draws.  This year it's a goalscoring lottery.

Frampton seems, on the face of it, to be a good signing.  It it annoys someone that he come in and replaces them, get over it.  If he performs, he stays in, if he plays just as bad, he'll go back and that player will probably get their spot back.  Put the performances in, and nobody need worry about their place.  Austin aside, nobody is safe right now.  A few wins on the bounce and our confidence, position and season may well all look very different, so this kind of signing makes sense.  Just like Greer's did when he came in.

Read the posts right then you may get your facts right.
Of course loan deals work at times.....some of our greatest players have been loan deals..Davis,Carrick,etc.
One month loan deals however.......emergency at that i frown on for the simple reason is that in one months time we are back to square one...with possibly one pissed off good prospect not willing to put pen to paper on a new deal soon.

On the face of it you say?.......hope Frampton turns into a great player for us...but if you read my posts i dont agree with him going straight into the team in front of Morrison if indeed it is Morrison who is left out.
Morrison has been one of our bright lights this season so far,put in some exellent performances for a 19 year old...........and shouldnt be dropped.

Barry Scott

« Reply #126 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 23:08:06 »

Right back has been a little ropey, so why not throw Cuthbert out there? We know he can play there, it's just the only time we've witnessed it was a day the whole team decided to be spectators.

I know someone's already said that, but by repeating it I plan to take any credit that may be due.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 23:13:22 »

One month loan deals are very rarely one month loan deals. Morrison hasn't been dropped yet and last of all our defence has been crap so needed changing.
deltaincline

« Reply #128 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 23:35:26 »

Taking the pressure off of a 19 year old player with huge potential is a fucking good move.

Bringing in a significantly older, experienced player, when goals are being shipped with alarming regularity (Peterborough will have been the final straw for Wilson and Fitton) is an equally good move.

Morrison has done very well for us, but he'll get over being dropped.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #129 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 23:49:09 »

Right back has been a little ropey, so why not throw Cuthbert out there? We know he can play there, it's just the only time we've witnessed it was a day the whole team decided to be spectators.

I know someone's already said that, but by repeating it I plan to take any credit that may be due.

I think that's what will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen.

I think the centre back pairing has developed nicely. Would be silly to break it up. The problem this season has been too much chopping and changing, which is exactly what happened until this time last season.

If Wilson can settle on a team and formation then I don't think the inexperience will matter. We have experience all over the pitch anyway: Lucas, Amankwaah, Rose, McGovern, Prutton, Douglas. In fact the area with the least experience has to be in attack and we're getting enough goals recently.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 23:57:57 »

I like this idea, Manks has to be given a break at the moment, whether he's picked up a niggle or what he's still not performing like we know he can. Anyway, I thought Caddis was supposed to be an RB??
At the moment, I dont think the defence are solely responsible for our bad results, the midfield has been all over the show (stand fast JD and Ferry), JPM isnt performing like he was, Prutts has turned out to be a bit of a cock, but most of all the line up has been inconsistent.

Sort the inconsistency out and we sort our problems out, the same line up week in and week out was a major contributing factor to our success last year.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 06:59:49 »

Adver boy was saying on Twitter that he thinks Thompson will be in today at Yeovil with Caddis in midfield.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 07:32:41 »

Thompson?

What is a Thompson?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 07:33:31 »

Ahhhhh.

I'm a thick cunt. Hungover, yet still thick,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 07:42:47 »

One month loan deals are very rarely one month loan deals. Morrison hasn't been dropped yet and last of all our defence has been crap so needed changing.

Wasn't Ward a one month loan initially?

The guy is making noises about a permanent deal so it suggests to me we've given him a month to prove it's worth having him here full time.

I'd rather we picked up results for the time being than pander to a player - even if that player may be young and have great future potential.  If Morrison can't handle being dropped after being part of a defence that conceeded 8 goals in 3 games, then he needs to grow up.  I doubt it will phaze him though, he seems level headed enough and the club clearly like him so I bet he has been treated well and respects the Coaching team.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: