Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40347 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:44:23 »

Paul is blinded by hatred.  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:45:08 »

Well, just for the record, I'm with Paul and Sonic on this one. It doesn't sit well with me at all.

Even putting all of that to one side. The bloke's a loon. If he was appointed I reckon he would be spectacularly successful in which case he would fuck off after 6 months in the job to West Ham OR we would lose our first five games (God forbid) and he would say, "Fuck this, I don't need the aggro, I've got barrow loads of money...arrivederci" (except it would all be in Italian..not just the last word) and that would be it.

I don't even want to find out if he would be a good manager.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:51:08 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:46:11 »

The problem with this situation isn't so much the fans but players also.
Lets face it Prutton is a Gypsy,Ferry acts gay and the young polish keeper may be Jewish.
If Paolo gets in they will all go missing,thats not to say most of them havn't been missing this season anyway.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:50:28 »

I would never defend anyone who openly agreed with the murder of people on the basis of their race, but Di Canio's never said anything like that, has he?

In fact, apart from stupidly saluting the Lazio Ultras a few times and admitting he admired (in part) Mussolini, he's done fuck all.

Or are we to believe that anyone with far right views is a card carrying nazi, who wanks over Hitler, and anyone who has far left views thinks Stalin was a sound bloke?

But don't you see that in doing that, he is openly agreeing with the murder of people based on their race. Something like that is not just a meaningless action. It carries great weight and significance and gravitas. And if he doesn't realise that (and I'm quite sure he does) then I don't want him in charge of my club on the grounds of gross stupidity.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:50:43 »

Well, just for the record, I'm with Paul and Sonic on this one. It doesn't sit well with me at all.

Even putting all of that to one side. The bloke's a loon. If he was appointed I reckon he would be spectacularly successful in which case he would fuck off after 6 months in the job to West Ham or we would lose our first five games (God forbid) and he would say, "Fuck this, I don't need the aggro, I've got barrow loads of money...arrivederci" (except it would all be in Italian..not just the last word) and that would be it.

I don't even want to find out if he would be a good manager.
Out of interest what makes you say he is a loon(genuine question). What has he done in football which is what clearly matters here that makes him such a loon.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:50:56 »

Where's Crispy gone in this discussion.  Im sure we could expect a few words of wisdom from him.

Probably about those bloody muslims taking our jobs until someone points out that Italian fascists aren't stricty muslims.

Never knowingly overstated.
Lumps

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:51:15 »

Paul

Just the other day you applauded a TEF member on their decision to stand for the UKIP, which to my understanding, is a far right group. A toned down version of the BNP, if you will.

So who is drawing the lines of acceptance here?

The answer is in your question FFS. That word stand. As in an election. If he'd won and then declared himself "His Excellency, Head of Government, Duce of Fascism, and Founder of the Empire" and established a dictatorship, I think Paul would have been less enthusiastic.

Anyway if the man is appointed and you all go and sing his name then fuck the lot of you, I'll be done with the club and this forum.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:51:58 »

The problem with this situation isn't so much the fans but players also.
Lets face it Prutton is a Gypsy,Ferry acts gay and the young polish keeper may be Jewish.
If Paolo gets in they will all go missing,thats not to say most of them havn't been missing this season anyway.

Thats absurd.

How do you know what his man management would be?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:52:40 »

Out of interest what makes you say he is a loon(genuine question). What has he done in football which is what clearly matters here that makes him such a loon.

He's pretty much fallen out with every manager he's worked under. Highly volatile character. Not sure that makes him a loon though.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:52:47 »

The answer is in your question FFS. That word stand. As in an election. If he'd won and then declared himself "His Excellency, Head of Government, Duce of Fascism, and Founder of the Empire" and established a dictatorship, I think Paul would have been less enthusiastic.

Anyway if the man is appointed and you all go and sing his name then fuck the lot of you, I'll be done with the club and this forum.
Which would be a great shame as we would all miss such a self opinionated spoilt fucking baby like you.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:52:57 »

But don't you see that in doing that, he is openly agreeing with the murder of people based on their race. Something like that is not just a meaningless action. It carries great weight and significance and gravitas. And if he doesn't realise that (and I'm quite sure he does) then I don't want him in charge of my club on the grounds of gross stupidity.

OST

The discussion on Nazism and racism has been done already.

Go back through the thread a bit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:53:13 »

Paul

Just the other day you applauded a TEF member on their decision to stand for the UKIP, which to my understanding, is a far right group. A toned down version of the BNP, if you will.

So who is drawing the lines of acceptance here?

I think Paul was applauding the decision to participate in the democratic process, the 6tradition of which despite its imperfections is something we can be proud of.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:53:35 »

Oh, I think we will. Absolutely. But his public stance does, whether we like it or not, reflect on the club, any club, that chooses to employ him in a position of authority.

Maybe in the eyes of those who choose to care.

As I said earlier, I suspect a lot of people would be arguing on a different side if it was an al Qaeda supporter we were talking about

But we're not.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:54:05 »

If you're not with me, you're against me
Coca Fola

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:54:16 »

Paolo Di Canio, Paolo Di Canio!

Bye.  Bye
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: