Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380170 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:16:34 »

Harsh!

I think the back four was decent against Stockport for much of the game for example.

Brewitt has conducted himself better than most on the pitch during this shitshow. I'd be happy to have him in the squad next year, albeit not as one of my two starting CBs.

I'd still like to see a back four of Tomlinson at RB, Brewitt, Clayton and FBT at LB. FBT at CB isn't working anymore.
We’ve not won a game since he’s been here and conceded 14 in his 7 games. We’ve conceded 28% of all goals we’ve conceded in the 17% of the season he’s played. So he certainly hasn’t improved the defense.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:17:20 »

Well, there are only four defenders contracted past this summer: Hutton, Clayton, Devine and FBT (all 2024).

Baudry (retired), Tomlinson (loan), Minturn, Brewitt and Harries are all OOC this summer. Lavinier nobody seems to be very sure about either way.

Most of the players we have under contract are midfielders.

And there lies a problem, if Morris cant get anything out of any of them this season and make any look better than under Lindsey, then with quite a few in contract next season and only able to add a few of his own players you have to wonder.

I can honestly say I am in 2 minds, one I am saying give him time to get some of his own players and a full pre season he maybe able to get a tune out of the team, but on the other side I'm thinking since he has come in we seem to have got worse is it a risk to give him next season.

But I still see the shadow of Sandro looming large over the club, and ask is it right to keep him and his philosophy
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:20:48 »

We’ve not won a game since he’s been here and conceded 14 in his 7 games. We’ve conceded 28% of all goals we’ve conceded in the 17% of the season he’s played. So he certainly hasn’t improved the defense.

The 'data' isn't great, I'll give you that!

Having watched the games, he is by no means one of the main offenders but yes, he is part of a shocking defensive unit.

I'd still like to see him at DM.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:32:20 »

And there lies a problem, if Morris cant get anything out of any of them this season and make any look better than under Lindsey, then with quite a few in contract next season and only able to add a few of his own players you have to wonder.

I can honestly say I am in 2 minds, one I am saying give him time to get some of his own players and a full pre season he maybe able to get a tune out of the team, but on the other side I'm thinking since he has come in we seem to have got worse is it a risk to give him next season.

But I still see the shadow of Sandro looming large over the club, and ask is it right to keep him and his philosophy
Any manager/coach, whether still Morris or A N Other, would be left with a rump of this season’s squad. It’s up to peoples opinion as to whether the squad just isn’t good enough or whether Morris is unable to get a tune out of them.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:46:05 »

Any manager/coach, whether still Morris or A N Other, would be left with a rump of this season’s squad. It’s up to peoples opinion as to whether the squad just isn’t good enough or whether Morris is unable to get a tune out of them.

I'll be honest, as much as anything my main concern is that in 13 games Morris's main influence upon the squad (however good they are or are not) seems to have been to make them look like they really don't care about playing for the club and have no inclination to play for him!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:47:58 »

I'll be honest, as much as anything my main concern is that in 13 games Morris's main influence upon the squad (however good they are or are not) seems to have been to make them look like they really don't care about playing for the club and have no inclination to play for him!

Agreed. It went from Playoff contenders to this and there are no positive noises from players/staff/management either.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 09:49:42 »

I noticed Lewis Ward pictured on the pitch at open training session. Hopefully we will be able to sign him at the end of the season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 09:54:42 »

Not really much point now is there? I would imagine the issues would have been sorted by now
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:00:30 »

Not really much point now is there? I would imagine the issues would have been sorted by now
Sorry, I meant sign him for the start of next season. I’m not sure of the exact reasoning for not signing him so far but I expect it is some barrier that may expire by the end of the season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:04:08 »

Got you, i think its something to do with his previous registration or something
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:13:15 »

He's doesn't look fit enough
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:16:05 »

Got you, i think its something to do with his previous registration or something

I suspect that when Sutton mutually released him it was on the basis that they would continue to pay him something till the end of his contract, and I imagine like most 'gardening leave' payoff's they would cease to pay him if he got employment elsewhere within that period.

So I assume to sign him we would have to start paying him, but if he trains with us we know he is fit and I would assume that should he have/or become needed we would sign him as an emergency replacement as we don't have another senior keeper and then have to pay him, thus avoiding a salary for Jan-April/May/summer?

He's doesn't look fit enough

Hardly surprising, its not altogether clear when he last played a competitive game before we signed him, much as with Tomlinson I would be more inclined to judge him after a proper pre-season?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:20:12 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:23:24 »

I noticed Lewis Ward pictured on the pitch at open training session. Hopefully we will be able to sign him at the end of the season.
Also signed someone's shirt as part of a squad signing.

https://twitter.com/CharlieStfcc/status/1646611958848782336?t=Fwec1bcJiJt79QNKdqtOcQ&s=19

Are we happy with him as number 1 next year, if that's what he is to be?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:53:09 »

No, he is a good number two but he should be challenging alongside a proper number one.

You would imagine stepping out from STFC and being bombed out by Sutton has shown him that he is probably in a good place in that respect.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 11:03:08 »

Also signed someone's shirt as part of a squad signing.

https://twitter.com/CharlieStfcc/status/1646611958848782336?t=Fwec1bcJiJt79QNKdqtOcQ&s=19

Are we happy with him as number 1 next year, if that's what he is to be?
Ideally aim for another keeper ahead of him but as a backup we could do a lot worse for sure. Not a disaster if he is number one.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: