Pages: 1 ... 3355 3356 3357 [3358] 3359 3360 3361 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9077594 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50355 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 16:50:20 »

Most clubs are run this way now, it isn’t just us.

Sandro isn’t my cup of tea, but he isn’t responsible for every single decision the club makes. Clem is in the country at the moment, do people really think he’s not heavily involved in the managerial process, and also with regards to which players come and go.

It’s his club, and his money, he’s still got a say in all these decisions.

Sandro does seem to take a lot of stick from fans. I totally agree with what you say Quaggy, he's part of the team that make the decisions but I don't think he's solely responsible for everything. It just seems fashionable that someone somewhere has to be given some stick and now Lee Power has gone it seems Shandy Bass is that man.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50356 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 16:53:59 »

Sandro does seem to take a lot of stick from fans. I totally agree with what you say Quaggy, he's part of the team that make the decisions but I don't think he's solely responsible for everything. It just seems fashionable that someone somewhere has to be given some stick and now Lee Power has gone it seems Shandy Bass is that man.

Hes in charge/runs the entire “football” operation.

Even on the bbc wilts interview, SH asked who’s in charge of buying and selling players if no manager, he replied “me”.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #50357 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 16:58:03 »

No issues with the model, lingering doubts we that dont have enough football nous in the hierarchy though.

They've faffed about for 4 weeks (& counting) with this appointment, it would be great for transparency if the working is shown afterwards as to why it took so long to appoint what is hopefully a standout candidate. An uninspiring head coach getting appointed now after such a long process (following the same in the summer) would need to hit the ground running with ST renewals just around the corner.

If they get this right it could be a great turning point back in the right direction, but if they get it wrong any goodwill left will start to dry up quickly i'd imagine.

Here's hoping being patient pays off and they pull something exciting out soonish.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #50358 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 16:59:37 »

I just hope Crawley have paid him a top wage, us a fee and I'd love to see him back here some day.

It's a real shame. 

You probably will if you come to the last home game of the season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #50359 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 17:58:21 »

We are going to do a madness next week with transfers.

What choice do we have? firmly believe Iandolo could join Gladwin at Crawley. Aguiar is out on loan? we have Kahn and Cain in midfield? we need 2-3 bodies there.

Need a centre half. Tomlinson would also be a welcome addition as he can play both sides.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50360 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:02:32 »

If only Tomlinson wasn’t injured
DMC

« Reply #50361 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:04:33 »

No issues with the model, lingering doubts we that dont have enough football nous in the hierarchy though.

They've faffed about for 4 weeks (& counting) with this appointment, it would be great for transparency if the working is shown afterwards as to why it took so long to appoint what is hopefully a standout candidate. An uninspiring head coach getting appointed now after such a long process (following the same in the summer) would need to hit the ground running with ST renewals just around the corner.

If they get this right it could be a great turning point back in the right direction, but if they get it wrong any goodwill left will start to dry up quickly i'd imagine.

Here's hoping being patient pays off and they pull something exciting out soonish. Not a pop at you by the way just seen a few people saying the same thing
There is absolutely not one good reason for the club giving transparancy to be honest.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #50362 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:08:47 »

Expect a meltdown tomorrow when the 2 players predicted to leave, do!

And no new head coach/manager named.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #50363 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:15:50 »

There is absolutely not one good reason for the club giving transparancy to be honest.

In your opinion.

I'd be interested to hear the process that's taken place, especially as the last HC was appointed after a similar timescale without an interview. Just a brief overview of the process thats been undertaken and the reason they took their time in coming up with the appointment they end up going with. Would allay nagging concerns that both I and others have that the people running the show dont know their arse from their elbow.

All points back to the fact there isn't a medium/long term plan published anywhere, despite us being told its coming for the last 18 months, to help understand why decisions are being made.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50364 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:17:37 »

The same transparency promised by Clem when he took over? Let’s go back to the lack of transparency shown by Lee power and co.

(Clems done nothing wrong btw, this is a football thing which he little to zero say in).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50365 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:18:48 »

Expect a meltdown tomorrow when the 2 players predicted to leave, do!

And no new head coach/manager named.

Macdonald and Gladwin then.

Two players that some of the fanbase think are shit, and then those same fans will still have a meltdown that they have gone.

FWIW i wouldnt have sold them but there we are.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50366 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:20:34 »

Iandolo surely. Gladwin has already gone - allegedly.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50367 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:20:52 »

Macdonald and Gladwin then.

Two players that some of the fanbase think are shit, and then those same fans will still have a meltdown that they have gone.

FWIW i wouldnt have sold them but there we are.

Zero issues with Macdonald going. Only been here 6 months. Just replace him with someone better is all I ask. And preferably experienced to an extent seeing as it’s in such a key position.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50368 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:25:55 »

Just belittles who Lee Power was and why people wanted him out. Nowhere near comparable. Those who were Power Out early on were unequivocally proved right. Not liking Sandro or thinking he isn't right for us isn't in the same universe. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50369 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 18:26:37 »

but transparency doesn't mean tell everyone everything at all times.

I wouldn't expect a running commentary on the manager appointment.

I would about certain other things though. financials are pretty transparent. Things like (initially) the kerachi thing and Kiely suddenly appearing in the program less so
Pages: 1 ... 3355 3356 3357 [3358] 3359 3360 3361 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: