Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 2444 [2445] 2446 2447 2448 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5195227 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36660 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 10:16:28 »

sitting with a loose seatbelt on isn't silly tbf

pretty unlikely you'll get a drop to make your nose meet the ceiling but it has happened
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36661 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 10:43:55 »

sitting with a loose seatbelt on isn't silly tbf

pretty unlikely you'll get a drop to make your nose meet the ceiling but it has happened

I’ve had a few flights where suddenly, ‘what the fuck’ episodes have happened. I’m not a nervous flyer, far from it. AFAIC the flight is part of the holiday experience. However, I’d rather be sucked off at 40,000 feet than sucked out.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36662 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 12:19:59 »

Listening to a commentator state that historically Spain have always been there or thereabouts in relation to winning the World Cup, I often when people think football 'history' began

Straight out the "Book of Matterface"?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36663 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 12:30:11 »

But I can't remember any of the ads Kev only where the numbers are on my remote😀
I can't see any advantage of playing the ball at its nearest point as it's all about the delivery and most are average at best.

There's probably a multitude of factors JQ. Some that may seem bizarre to us street/pub/amateur/part-time footballers will have some logic...or maybe if I channel my inner Reg, it'll be a jobs for the boys thing so a retiring player needs a job 'Ahh, I know what this club needs...a "corner specific quadrant strategist", let's employ <<ins recently retired footballer-pundit>>!'

That's the cynic in me but obviously there will be genuine need for some roles that we might never think of; every club needs a decent scapegoat or cone carrier after all and it's usually a well paid job  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36664 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 15:42:11 »

Trying to bollock a group of Albanian builders who are building a house next to ours. Fucking concrete all over the place - on our balcony, on the car, the bikes, the drive. Then they hose the fucking lot down the drain!

Pretend they don’t understand but I spied the driver of the concrete lorry laughing his arse off.

Fuckers.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36665 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 16:00:53 »

There's probably a multitude of factors JQ. Some that may seem bizarre to us street/pub/amateur/part-time footballers will have some logic...or maybe if I channel my inner Reg, it'll be a jobs for the boys thing so a retiring player needs a job 'Ahh, I know what this club needs...a "corner specific quadrant strategist", let's employ <<ins recently retired footballer-pundit>>!'

That's the cynic in me but obviously there will be genuine need for some roles that we might never think of; every club needs a decent scapegoat or cone carrier after all and it's usually a well paid job  Wink

I'm still not convinved though boo that there is any advantage gained unless someone can show me the science to back it up!
Enjoyable as always mate! Life would be very dull without a regular Bamboo experience😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #36666 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 18:29:26 »

Trying to bollock a group of Albanian builders who are building a house next to ours. Fucking concrete all over the place - on our balcony, on the car, the bikes, the drive. Then they hose the fucking lot down the drain!

Pretend they don’t understand but I spied the driver of the concrete lorry laughing his arse off.

Fuckers.

You get what you pay for wherever you are.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36667 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 18:34:51 »

I'd be scraping up the wet stuff and putting it on his van/truck
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36668 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 19:12:27 »

I'd be scraping up the wet stuff and putting it on his van/truck

That might lead to another scuffle

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36669 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 19:19:41 »

Que Sara
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36670 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 19:23:35 »

You get what you pay for wherever you are.
They’re building the house next door. Nothing to do with me. One of them was actually on my balcony hosing bits of concrete down the drain.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #36671 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 19:46:04 »

They’re building the house next door. Nothing to do with me. One of them was actually on my balcony hosing bits of concrete down the drain.

Didn’t matter who employs them does it. My point is still valid.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36672 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 10:07:33 »

I want to buy a Swindon Town mug for the office.  Big crest on the side, maybe 'Swindon Town FC' underneath that.  That's it.  A colleague has a Fulham one.  Simple design, no fuss.

Can I find one of these?  No.  Nothing.  I can get a personalised mug, a retro mug, a mug with a 1970s badge on it, a mug with any player (past or present) I can think of.  A mug with a man weeing on an Oxford shirt.  But I don't want any of these mugs.  I just want a plain old Swindon Town mug.  I am the proud owner of a minimalist Don Rogers mug with no lettering, just Don's tache and a red shirt.  So don't get me wrong - I'm all for clever mug design when it suits me.  Just not now.

The only mug that approximates to this has our shirt on it...so it's red, has a tiny STFC club crest and 'Bartercard' in massive letters.  So it's not really a Swindon mug at all.  It's a Bartercard mug.  I don't want that mug.

It's a small gripe, I know.  But it annoys me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #36673 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 10:25:15 »

https://www.gofindagift.com/p/personalised-swindon-town-fc-no1-dad-mug.html?msclkid=9d7050e5f0ee15d21d5732ba13dd2464#option_id=20745

You could get this one, as long as you never turn it round...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36674 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 10:27:33 »

I want to buy a Swindon Town mug for the office.  Big crest on the side, maybe 'Swindon Town FC' underneath that.  That's it.  A colleague has a Fulham one.  Simple design, no fuss.

Can I find one of these?  No.  Nothing.  I can get a personalised mug, a retro mug, a mug with a 1970s badge on it, a mug with any player (past or present) I can think of.  A mug with a man weeing on an Oxford shirt.  But I don't want any of these mugs.  I just want a plain old Swindon Town mug.  I am the proud owner of a minimalist Don Rogers mug with no lettering, just Don's tache and a red shirt.  So don't get me wrong - I'm all for clever mug design when it suits me.  Just not now.

The only mug that approximates to this has our shirt on it...so it's red, has a tiny STFC club crest and 'Bartercard' in massive letters.  So it's not really a Swindon mug at all.  It's a Bartercard mug.  I don't want that mug.

It's a small gripe, I know.  But it annoys me.

Wouldn't this do you.... https://theterracestore.com/collections/swindon-town/products/swindon-town-ardiles-legend-mug  Wink Cheesy

Funny thing looking at it just how many seem to major on the shirt sponsor rather than club badge!
Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 2444 [2445] 2446 2447 2448 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: