Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25411 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:45:27 »

You beat what is put in front of you, and Scunthorpe are doomed.  They are terrible.

We had the look of a team that had the shackles removed - it turned into a bit of a basketball game in the second half, and once that happened it was always going to be us.  Much better with the ball today, especially Iandolo.  He showed why he started his career touted as an attacking midfielder with some stunning passes.

Having only two central defenders forced us to get the ball into midfield more often, and that just opened up the game for us.  On the one hand, you think this could be the start of something, but on the other we did look like hot butter without the ball.  I wonder if an average team would actually have taken advantage of that more.

Barry grew into the game a little, but has been to some pretty sub standard diving lessons.  Would like to see him start to take a game by the scruff of the neck.  Tough for a youngster but there is probably more to work with than Gilbert seemed to have.

Overall, got to be happy with that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:51:19 »

I don't think that Scunthorpe were *that* bad. They weren't great, but looked neat and tidy. The first goal was crucial as they had little confidence afterwards and no real attacking threat. Might have been different if they were attacking the Stratton Bank in the first half.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:52:00 »

Far better 2nd half that, decent performance from pretty much all of the team.

We played quite well even though Scunny were quite frankly woeful you can only beat whats in front of you.

Iandolo and McKirdy both excellent, Jojo outstanding even tho he created one of the chances but did a double save to redeem himself.

Good day at the office for a change in front of a very good crowd.

I liked the formation and for a change we were taking risks around the box rather than just keeping possession which was a huge plus point.

I didn't think they were that bad to be honest. Seen worse sides, and they managed 13 shots on goal.
If that's poor then, as we've showed against better sides we will still have a weakness that is easily exploited.
Great to keep a clean sheet. Now on to Tuesday and get back to back wins at home.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:52:45 »

Hartley:
- Plenty of positive performances today
- Davison will be pleased with 2 goals
- Reed played well coming back
- Wollacott made a couple of good goals
- Iandolo's balls from midfield were superb

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:54:18 »

I didn't think they were that bad to be honest. Seen worse sides, and they managed 13 shots on goal.
If that's poor then, as we've showed against better sides we will still have a weakness that is easily exploited.
Great to keep a clean sheet. Now on to Tuesday and get back to back wins at home.

Next home game Wallsall Tuesday 22nd Feb

So, give no fucks
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #290 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:57:05 »

Next home game Wallsall Tuesday 22nd Feb

Yep, sorry I keep thinking its the 19th today.
3 points at Carlisle and then follow that up with another home win. (on the 22nd👍)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 16:58:48 »

Yep, sorry I keep thinking its the 19th today.
3 points at Carlisle and then follow that up with another home win. (on the 22nd👍)

Sounds good😀

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 17:06:23 »

Garner (Bugger! Accidentally deleted this all and had to do it a second time)
- Very good performance. Very positive. Created lots. Didnt take them in first. Did in second. Pleased with clean sheet
- Pass for first goal unbelievable. Well taken by McKirdy
- Half time: Reassured players. Couple of minor tweaks
- Created lots of other opportunities
- Thought Davison was immense. Getting fitter and stronger
- 4 at back: More impetus up the pitch
- Barry good on full debut
- Only 2 days to work on it
- Seen Barry over a number of years. Tried to faze him into the group. Will give confidence
- Davision. Not looked bother how things have gone. He's getting up to speed. Looks fitter and strong. Will only get better
- McKirdy and Barry wide as Sunny play narrow. Thought they could stretch them and get more space
- Midfield excellent
- Aguilar has grown so much physically and tactically all season. He grew in confidence during the game
- Gladwin had tight hamstring. Will be scanned as a precaution
- Midfield depth: Opportunity for others. Aguilar and East chomping at the bit to come in
- Stop the rot? After Tuesday have worked hard on it being a 17 game season. Win as many games as possible
- Odimayo dropped: Made decision on the team. Could have left anyone out from Tuesday as noone played well. Odimayo has played majority of season. Done remarkably well all year
- First clean sheet of the year. Pleased we defended it throwing bodies in the way at the end
- Option to revert to back 3 or stay of back 4. Today was a back 4. Needed that attacking mindset
- Will always look to attack the game. Even when things dont go well

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 17:23:53 »

thanks nmh
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 17:28:17 »

Garner (Bugger! Accidentally deleted this all and had to do it a second time)
- Very good performance. Very positive. Created lots. Didnt take them in first. Did in second. Pleased with clean sheet
- Pass for first goal unbelievable. Well taken by McKirdy
- Half time: Reassured players. Couple of minor tweaks
- Created lots of other opportunities
- Thought Davison was immense. Getting fitter and stronger
- 4 at back: More impetus up the pitch
- Barry good on full debut
- Only 2 days to work on it
- Seen Barry over a number of years. Tried to faze him into the group. Will give confidence
- Davision. Not looked bother how things have gone. He's getting up to speed. Looks fitter and strong. Will only get better
- McKirdy and Barry wide as Sunny play narrow. Thought they could stretch them and get more space
- Midfield excellent
- Aguilar has grown so much physically and tactically all season. He grew in confidence during the game
- Gladwin had tight hamstring. Will be scanned as a precaution
- Midfield depth: Opportunity for others. Aguilar and East chomping at the bit to come in
- Stop the rot? After Tuesday have worked hard on it being a 17 game season. Win as many games as possible
- Odimayo dropped: Made decision on the team. Could have left anyone out from Tuesday as noone played well. Odimayo has played majority of season. Done remarkably well all year
- First clean sheet of the year. Pleased we defended it throwing bodies in the way at the end
- Option to revert to back 3 or stay of back 4. Today was a back 4. Needed that attacking mindset
- Will always look to attack the game. Even when things dont go well

Thanks, can't get the post-match.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 17:49:20 »

My lad has just seen Louie Barry in Sainsburys getting Valentine stuff.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:09:21 »

My lad has just seen Louie Barry in Sainsburys getting Valentine stuff.
And with Tesco just around the corner from the CG? Superior range of flowers and gifts perhaps?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:25:57 »

Were there 9,012 there today?

Piss stains beat us today must have had a bring a kid for a quid deal on😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:29:20 »

Piss stains beat us today must have had a bring a kid for a quid deal on😀

1,750 Bolton.
Bastards blocking the road on the way down. Didn’t mind they did the business.
⚽️
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, February 12, 2022, 18:30:25 »

Tbh I have just been to Tescos and it was rammed with people that had obviously just been to the game and parked in the car park.  It would have taken him an hour to get his shopping done.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: