Pages: 1 ... 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267013 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9285 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:18:36 »

It’s either incredibly naïve or it’s the actions of someone who won’t be around to face any blow back when the inevitable happens.

He'll be on Oz anyway won't he even if still at the club.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9286 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:21:22 »

Didn’t he come on, or was at least on the bench. It might even be that which protects the clubs interest. I can only tell you what I’ve been told from someone I know who used to be involved with the club a few season back. They may have changed all the rules but I doubt it

He doesn't have a profile on Rich Banyard's site, which I'm pretty happy to take as gospel that he didn't get a minute. I do think he was on the bench once or twice, but don't think he even got a JPT sub appearance. Pretty sure he was only 16 when sold as well, rather than having signed scholarship terms.

Someone else may know better - from memory I think Tails knows his family so will probably be able to confirm!

Okay with a deeper Google...

At the age of 15 years and 291 days, he was named on the bench for the first-team for the League Two fixture against Northampton Town.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:27:12 by Nemo » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9287 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:26:57 »

In recent years I think there have been some who have been 'good enough' to be at least EFL squad players who just never got a fair crack.

Tom Smith I always rated, Jordan Young had something about him, Twine clearly was Wellens' major black mark.

Archie Matthews went from us to Birmingham and Swansea.

I think with a lot of these, and probably more that I can't remember, it is such fine margins that a run in the team could have unlocked their potential.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9288 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:28:04 »

With the general tone of that Twitter account, the 'bad news' might be the club announcing a rainbow laces game or signing a diversity charter.

That said, nothing much would surprise at this point. 10 point deduction puts us third bottom though, which you think would shorten the odds a lot more than has been mentioned above!

If we didn't pay players on time like rumoured isn't that a 3 or a 6 for first offense?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9289 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:28:40 »

I believe Ifill made one single bench appearance but did not play.

(Nemo has already answered his own question)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9290 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 10:37:08 »

In recent years I think there have been some who have been 'good enough' to be at least EFL squad players who just never got a fair crack.

Tom Smith I always rated, Jordan Young had something about him, Twine clearly was Wellens' major black mark.

I think with a lot of these, and probably more that I can't remember, it is such fine margins that a run in the team could have unlocked their potential.

'Opportunity' really is the key to their development. Ali Al-Hamadi is a great recent example of that. Finally gets his chance and little after 5 months he looks a Championship player in waiting.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9291 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:24:21 »

I'm not sure these lot will clear out the club until we've been totally bled dry and are non league.

Already those rumours of AZ Alkmaar owners interested but then pulling out. Probably couldn't get rid of our infestation problem.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9292 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:43:18 »

I wonder if Clem sees signing Kemp as some sort of panacea? If so he is much mistaken. If he rips the guts out of the team, Kemp will be rendered useless anyway. And lets be honest, if we do sign him, I'm sure we sell at the end of the season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9293 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:44:32 »

If we didn't pay players on time like rumoured isn't that a 3 or a 6 for first offense?

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that players were paid on time and other staff not? Remember the LS pod guys digging in to the club about that, but it would quash the threat of a points deduction for this particular offence.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #9294 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:51:03 »

I wonder if Clem sees signing Kemp as some sort of panacea? If so he is much mistaken. If he rips the guts out of the team, Kemp will be rendered useless anyway. And lets be honest, if we do sign him, I'm sure we sell at the end of the season.

Who knows, but if Kemp was signed on a longer contract, then it would give some positive indicators. Willing to invest in selllable assets. You would also think if Kemp is prepared to sign here permanently he has some positive indications about th future?

No way he signs to be sold in the summer, when he can wait for the summer and get a bigger pay day anyway.

I'm not saying signing Kemp ends all problems, but it would be a positive indicator.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9295 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:51:14 »

Released as well wasn't he? So imagine we got nothing.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9296 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:53:27 »

Who knows, but if Kemp was signed on a longer contract, then it would give some positive indicators. Willing to invest in selllable assets. You would also think if Kemp is prepared to sign here permanently he has some positive indications about th future?

No way he signs to be sold in the summer, when he can wait for the summer and get a bigger pay day anyway.

I'm not saying signing Kemp ends all problems, but it would be a positive indicator.

The panacea will be, like Umerah in August, *trying* to buy Kemp... and missing out But we tried!

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #9297 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 11:57:58 »

The panacea will be, like Umerah in August, *trying* to buy Kemp... and missing out But we tried!

Obviously my comments are based on it happening. We don't believe any of this tried bullshit.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9298 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 12:10:17 »

Do you really think we'll be able to sign Kemp? We have zero chance.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9299 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 12:21:15 »

Do you really think we'll be able to sign Kemp? We have zero chance.

No but Clem might.
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: