Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 31264 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:09:02 »

Ok I'll expand. The bloke who sits next to me is NOT Don Rogers. He is however an honest sort of bloke who does not come across as a wind up twat.

His mate was in Dons shop recently. Don apparently cannot speak highly enough of the new board and to be fair and equitable who has had any real cause to argue Dons praise so far? Don either mentioned it in passing or maybe stated it as fact, either way clearly Jed and Co are not waiting for the gras to grow under their feet.

I'm only passing on a third hand conversation. I take no responsibility for others "information" but it is in our interests for me to pass on what I hear, as many of you would. FWIW do not doubt that sooner rather than later there will be roof over the bank.....
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:50:44 »

If anybody read's Jed's notes in last night's programme it stated that the club are still putting together drawings for possible submission to the council in regards to the Stratton Bank.  Hardly up for planning permission or having obtained planning permission I would think!  And yes, the business meeting did state that they had applied for planning permission.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:54:11 »

Do we really need to go over this again? Clearly the board have some kind of plan to submit an application for a roof on the Bank in process (which they regard as "have submitted a planning application"), but as yet, it's not yet reached the stage of having been formally lodged with the council in a way the council themselves would regard as a formal planning application. Probably at some intermediate stage of being discussed with council officers so it can be properly shaped when it is formally submitted.

Just to clarify this (and give Jed the beenfit of the doubt) he stated that he had signed the cheque off last week (I think). They may have lodged formally everything they need to, but it can take LPA's an age to actually validate and acknowledge (speaking as someone who has to deal with the ridiculous antic of Councils when trying to lodge planning applications on a daily basis) the things.

As and when its validated we can all comments and the residents of Shrivvy Road can all object.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:08:20 »

Some dude reckons booze was sold in the Town End without a license on Saturday..

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:31:09 »

Some dude reckons booze was sold in the Town End without a license on Saturday..

I highly doubt that. Most licenses refer to 'the premises', so, whilst I know little about the way the football club is licensed, it's likely the license covers the whole ground, as it is arguable the whole ground is part of 'the premises'.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:33:35 »

I would have thought that the County Ground would be considered a single premises, with a single licence. A hotel or pub wouldn't need to apply for a new licence if it had an internal remodel and moved a bar, or opened a new one would it?

..never go back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:56:30 »

FWIW do not doubt that sooner rather than later there will be roof over the bank.....
I'd like it to be retractable, ideally, for when the Pox visit
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:30:48 »

Keep the roof on and run the sprinklers all game, they'd never know the difference.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:32:11 »

Ok I'll expand. The bloke who sits next to me is NOT Don Rogers. He is however an honest sort of bloke who does not come across as a wind up twat.

His mate was in Dons shop recently. Don apparently cannot speak highly enough of the new board and to be fair and equitable who has had any real cause to argue Dons praise so far? Don either mentioned it in passing or maybe stated it as fact, either way clearly Jed and Co are not waiting for the gras to grow under their feet.

I'm only passing on a third hand conversation. I take no responsibility for others "information" but it is in our interests for me to pass on what I hear, as many of you would. FWIW do not doubt that sooner rather than later there will be roof over the bank.....
So to summarise, you know we've applied for planning permission because a friend of a bloke you sit near heard it from Don Rogers who, while an excellent fellow in many regards, is not widely known for having the inside track on SBC planning matters. You're like a redevelopment Chang aren't you? Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:34:51 »

Nah, put the whole stand on hydraulics so we can tip them out the back
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:50:16 »

Nah, put the whole stand on hydraulics so we can tip them out the back

Or a bear pit under the stand.

On a different note, the floodlights did seem to be brighter than usual. Perhaps they did put some new bulbs in!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:53:14 »

That reminds me of one of the bits that was a bit annoying last night - those illuminated advertising hoardings are way too bright, couldn't see ball/players when they were in front of them. Not noticed it before but then I think it's the first time they've had them on at a night game? They're really nice and smart and all that and I can well understand they're great from a revenue point of view, but they could definitely do with a dimmer switch.

We do sit right opposite them in the DRS so may only be a problem from where we're sat as we're directly in line?
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:55:21 »

I highly doubt that. Most licenses refer to 'the premises', so, whilst I know little about the way the football club is licensed, it's likely the license covers the whole ground, as it is arguable the whole ground is part of 'the premises'.

They weren't selling it in the Town End last night. I hope there hasn't been a boo-boo somewhere along the line.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 11:58:38 »

Or a bear pit under the stand.

On a different note, the floodlights did seem to be brighter than usual. Perhaps they did put some new bulbs in!

The commentator on sky last night commented on how poor the floodlights are/were actually now you mention it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 12:12:35 »

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: