Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 32095 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:11:17 »

Jed's on the karaoke at the moment with his tie around his head

He is indeed.  Quite a voice, by all accounts.  But talks with the Football League seem to have aged him a little.

[url width=480 height=360]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1uwWliIg3CA/0.jpg[/url]
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:11:36 »

I've been critical of di canio at times during his time here but unlike most it would appear think he deserves credit for walking. He came out and said what the problems were and that he couldn't continue. He obviously thinks people should do what they said etc. He could have stayed like many managers do under all sorts of shit but he didn't. I like him more for what he's done. His staff walking too says it all for me.

What exactly has he had to put up with?

I make it one player being sold without his knowledge and uncertainty over the ownership of the club for about a month.

I could understand if it was making his job impossible but he has been exceeding expectations all season and since selling our best player we've moved to the top of the table. He will last no more than 5 minutes at most clubs when he experiences the problems most managers have to face every day of the week.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:12:28 »

He will last no more than 5 minutes at most clubs when he experiences the problems most managers have to face every day of the week.

Spot On!
Dozno9

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:16:02 »

He's had it easy compared to others and the higher he goes the bigger egos he'll have to control, the bigger risks he will take and the higher the chances of perceived failure.

I would still have him back in a heartbeat though.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:19:18 »

What exactly has he had to put up with?

I make it one player being sold without his knowledge and uncertainty over the ownership of the club for about a month.

I could understand if it was making his job impossible but he has been exceeding expectations all season and since selling our best player we've moved to the top of the table. He will last no more than 5 minutes at most clubs when he experiences the problems most managers have to face every day of the week.
I doubt we will ever know everything,but think the club must have gone back on promises-previous agreements. Di canio is many things but the bloke is honest and demands the same from those he works with.

Glad you can predict his future as I can't. Jeremy wray thinks he's destined for the top and his results here were nothing short of brilliant.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:32:22 »

Hes not honest though is he. Preaches about loyalty and all that jazz and fucks off at the first opportunity. Preaches proffesionalism and strips the captaincy from McCormack for being ill ffs. Spiteful bloke.

I bet the cunt never got the tattoo done either.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:37:50 »

Hes not honest though is he. Preaches about loyalty and all that jazz and fucks off at the first opportunity. Preaches proffesionalism and strips the captaincy from McCormack for being ill ffs. Spiteful bloke
Agree with some of the sentiment, but it was hardly first opportunity.

The McCormack thing must be more than was said, at face value even for PDC it is bonkers. Probably didn't ring up to explain he was missing training or something...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:39:21 »

Should rephrase that. I mean as soon as the going got tough he did
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:40:53 »

What song is he singing?

Song for Paolo:

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:41:51 »

Should rephrase that. I mean as soon as the going got tough he did

I think getting here on the back of our worst season ever and only having about 7 pro's was pretty tough...
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:43:16 »

He is indeed.  Quite a voice, by all accounts.  But talks with the Football League seem to have aged him a little.

[url width=480 height=360]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1uwWliIg3CA/0.jpg[/url]

It's Eric Bristow FFS!  Huh?

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:43:59 »

Some of the posts about Jed on the last couple of pages are 

I think what gets me about Paolo's departure is that in leaving the way he did he was almost trying to shit on the new owners and "teach them a lesson", but what it has resulted in is punishing "his" players and the fans, the two sets of people who he said were most important.

I think that is why some of the people who "loved" him a matter of days ago now feel a bit bitter and betrayed.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
woolster

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:45:38 »

Some of the posts about Jed on the last couple of pages are  

I think what gets me about Paolo's departure is that in leaving the way he did he was almost trying to shit on the new owners and "teach them a lesson", but what it has resulted in is punishing "his" players and the fans, the two sets of people who he said were most important.

I think that is why some of the people who "loved" him a matter of days ago now feel a bit bitter and betrayed.
agree, much
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:52:42 »

I doubt we will ever know everything,but think the club must have gone back on promises-previous agreements. Di canio is many things but the bloke is honest and demands the same from those he works with.

Glad you can predict his future as I can't. Jeremy wray thinks he's destined for the top and his results here were nothing short of brilliant.

Not sure the man that got sacked for pandering to Paolo's every whim is the best judge of his potential.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:56:31 »

I said literally the same on one of the threads last night, although I think I used slightly more harsh language.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: