Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64205 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:52:37 »

Interesting

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:55:35 »

This Smith bashing is out of order... he's a perfectly capable L2 'keeper, never solely responsible for our early season form, and doing what a reserve 'keeper should - playing when your first choice is unavailable. Wow.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fatbasher

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:56:24 »

Coach left yesterday and wes didn't travel. Listen guys,paolo has rulés and they broke them.The stick he is getting is out of order

I agree entirely.

The players know the rules, written or unspoken. Not only did they break them, as I said in another post, but they did it at a time when the boss was away mourning the death of his mother.

He comes back to find out players have been on a bender. Thoughtless, disrespectful, immature, unprofessional, cost us the game at the Shots on Tuesday. I could go on. Understandably Paolo hits the roof. What were they and you expecting?

Then after the dust has apparently settled, four more are identified has to having taken part in this incident but did not come forward to admit it, appologise, take any punishment and move on.  

They may have been fined by Paolo, we don't know. Wes is in superb form but he is not immune form prosecution so to speak. As for the others it does not matter if they are injured, can't play due to contractual agreements or are not currently in the squad. They have broken the rules and been outed. Let that be a lesson. There will at some time be repercussions.

I still feel that there could be a blood bath in the closed season. If that comes to pass there could be some eyebrows raised as to who goes. Attitude will play as big a part as ability in determining who goes and who stays.    

We will win today.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:56:29 »

The culture of the football club is the most important thing.

Blame the players, not PDC.

He is doing what everyone was crying out for last year, except now we are winning people want it swept under the carpet.

Issues have to be dealt head on now, or else they will re-appear next season.
Coca Fola

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:00:14 »

At the end of the day Paolo can do what he wants. He's got us 89 points this season so I don't think he can be slated for team selection. We were hardly a shambles before Wes arrived, yes he's a good keeper but Phil Smith is more than capable for this level. Saying that he'll probably drop a clanger today.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:08:48 »

We'll win

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:14:50 »

I think we'll  lose but still be promoted because Torquay or Crawley will only draw.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:15:51 »

That'll be shit

bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:20:29 »

I do hope we can debate the manager's decision making without getting hammered for it by fellow supporters. He's a genius but he's still human. I guess on the plus side it bodes well for next season - Paolo really does take no shiiiieeeet!

Cue Wilder and Pryor ...

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:22:26 »

I haven't got a clue who will play. i haven't got a clue how we'll play - will we have a negative or positive reaction. I haven't got a clue what the score will be. I haven't got a clue who was involved last Sturday. i haven't got a clue if they were under orders or not.
What I do know is that I'm behind PdC all the way.
I'm on my way to Pikeyland in about half an hour.
I'll take a point.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:22:47 »

That'll be shit

I couldn't give a fuck as long as we're up.
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:28:46 »

I agree entirely.

The players know the rules, written or unspoken. Not only did they break them, as I said in another post, but they did it at a time when the boss was away mourning the death of his mother.

He comes back to find out players have been on a bender. Thoughtless, disrespectful, immature, unprofessional, cost us the game at the Shots on Tuesday. I could go on. Understandably Paolo hits the roof. What were they and you expecting?

Then after the dust has apparently settled, four more are identified has to having taken part in this incident but did not come forward to admit it, appologise, take any punishment and move on.  

They may have been fined by Paolo, we don't know. Wes is in superb form but he is not immune form prosecution so to speak. As for the others it does not matter if they are injured, can't play due to contractual agreements or are not currently in the squad. They have broken the rules and been outed. Let that be a lesson. There will at some time be repercussions.

I still feel that there could be a blood bath in the closed season. If that comes to pass there could be some eyebrows raised as to who goes. Attitude will play as big a part as ability in determining who goes and who stays.    

We will win today.
totally agree, if i had just lost my mother ,flown back to italy to sort things out,timeing it all around my job,to find out that they had been on the piss after i had asked them not to,i would be totally hacked off .you cant fault his passion and commitment to the town.He still has a lot to learn about management but he has my full support on this ,upto now he's done a good job, the buzz is back around the Town we are going up and if he is here next season we will go up again."ONWARD AND UPWARDS"" COME ON YOU TOWN"

we are going as warriors
DRS

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:37:41 »

I know he has made mistakes and rightly he gets critisised for it but me personally  i can't have a go at a man who has issued punishment for the rules that have been broken.We need to remember it is these rules and discipline that got us to the top
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:38:19 »

Smith

Caddis
Macca
Flint
McKevely

Ritchie
Smith
Ferry
Holmes

Benson
Connell

I'd argue that's probably our strongest team bar Wes. Wouldn't be surprised to see that line up today either. All this not our strongest team lark is a bit baffling.

Agree, plenty of talent in there. Thinking about the bench... Kennedy, Risser, Murray, Gabilondo, and De Vita? Would be great for Gabi to make the comeback of comebacks and show the form he had in away games early in the season!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:39:33 »

Where has it actually stated that they were told not to go out and disobeyed orders?  

I just think that it's a shame that such a big game is again over shadowed by this.

Poor Phil Smith is under significant pressure.  If he makes one mistake, fingers will be pointed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: