Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 62803 times)
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 05:37:21 »

Another big game away from home, another big let down I think.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 05:48:38 »

Dare I say it but if the Adver is correct then is Paolo becoming a little precious here? Can't see us winning with all this crap lingering and resonating through the team. In essence we're just feeding our rivals ammunition and confidence. Keep it in-house, deal with it fairly and quickly, don't let these issues create a life of their own. It was never personal against the manager but he's treating it as such and I don't think there's any need to treat our players like schoolchildren when they've performed so stoically all season. If Wes misses out on celebrating promotion with the fans, after the contribution he has made, then it's a huge shame. Not sure it's fair on the fans who travel, let alone the player himself.

God knows I love Paolo and welcome his commitment, style and work ethic. But there's a fine line between being driven and being draconian.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 05:59:30 »

Out of the four it's going to be wesley that we will miss, although i do have fath in smithy the back four might not. We really don't need this at this stage of the season we should be pushing on and winning not stumbling over the line, IF WE DO NOT WIN THIS LEAGUE........  Embarrassed  Crying  Doh  Bad Mood  Eek  No  Hmmm  Head Hurts  Suicide  Suicide
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:11:31 »

Hope i'm wrong but think we'll lose 2-0 and further nailbiting till next weekend against Port Vale
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:13:57 »

I predict a drab 0-0, we get soaked and a terrible atmosphere. But at least promotion will be wrapped up.

I pray these rumors are not true. Paolo said we were moving on and that needs to happen. When fans spend a lot of money on time and traveling and a lot of us have money on us to win the league and we want to be champions anyway, we deserve better than watching a makeshift team.

I've been to Priestfield twice and seen us lose 5-0 and 3-0. I really hope today is different, but I just don't see us winning.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:14:50 »

Cant help but think PDC is being a bit precious here.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:17:40 »

No idea why fods would be dropped!? 1-1 draw
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:18:23 »

Pissed off about this. Paolo has got it wrong. Us fans will suffer. We want to win the league for fucks sake and he drops Foderingham.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:21:32 »

PDC needs to be big here and play Wes. He deserves to be part of the celebration no matter what has happened this week, to allow Smith in to the fold now would be pathetic! The title is not won yet.

Come on PDC dont punish the fans for the second time in a week!
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:21:44 »

Dare I say it but if the Adver is correct then is Paolo becoming a little precious here? Can't see us winning with all this crap lingering and resonating through the team. In essence we're just feeding our rivals ammunition and confidence. Keep it in-house, deal with it fairly and quickly, don't let these issues create a life of their own. It was never personal against the manager but he's treating it as such and I don't think there's any need to treat our pla
yers like schoolchildren when they've performed so stoically all season. If Wes misses out on celebrating promotion with the fans, after the contribution he has made, then it's a huge shame. Not sure it's fair on the fans who travel, let alone the player himself.

God knows I love Paolo and welcome his commitment, style and work ethic. But there's a fine line between being driven and being draconian.

Absolutely bang on....
I will be pissed off if this costs us the game.
DRS

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:23:15 »

Precious? he told them not to and they did. Even ferguson did the same with rooney,it happens.Bar wes we will have a full strengh team
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:41:14 »

PDC has got it wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. He got it wrong Tuesday, made a rod for his back, and he has it more wrong today. 2 games we will be understrength at a time we are trying to win the title. That is all.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:44:01 by Batch » Logged
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:43:39 »

Absolutely bang on....
I will be pissed off if this costs us the game.
To be honest I would treat this incident more harshly than the initial drinking session...  These players stood back and let their team mates take the rap for something they were involved in.  The whole squad need to be left in no doubt that failing to comply with club rules will result in disciplinary action and that failing to man up to breaking those rules ( or effectively lying to the manager) will result in heavier punishment.

we have promotion in the bag - It will hurt the players more than the club to not get a champions medal. effective managers have to be seen to be consistent regardless of the circumstances - treating these in a lesser manner than the 5 who apologised would be wrong and paolo knows that.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:45:41 by @MacPhlea » Logged
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:45:28 »

Today's the day.
Clinical win from us and Accy hold Shrews to a draw.
Yes, I'm an optimist today.
COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:46:28 »

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but do we actually know they were specifically told not to go out Sat? I agree they shouldn't anyway. But being told specifically not to go out then doing it and him being annoyed they did went out but nothing specific being mentioned are two different things. I find it weird that they would go out in Swindon where lots of fans would see them when they were specifically not told too. Im not standing up for them, and it sounds like they drank way too much. A quiet meal and a few drinks somewhere not in the limelight would have been fine. Im just wondering if the players have outright gone against him or if its more he is just angry they went out even though its not specifically against any rules.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: