Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378869 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1740 on: Monday, August 21, 2023, 15:10:18 »

I thought I saw him pull up with looked like a hamstring problem just before the end of the game at Wrexham. Hopefully nothing major.
And that's exactly how rumours start... Someone making a wild assumption based on absolutely nothing...  Doh
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1741 on: Monday, August 21, 2023, 15:47:20 »

And that's exactly how rumours start... Someone making a wild assumption based on absolutely nothing...  Doh

Ok cool your jets. Just saying what I saw. Glad he is OK.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1742 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:04:32 »

Lewis Ward, that's a bit out of left field, hadn't even realised we were looking at him... as an academy coach?

The reading of the article seems to suggest he'll be registered as a player too but it's clearly not the focus of his role.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1743 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:15:18 »

Lewis Ward, that's a bit out of left field, hadn't even realised we were looking at him... as an academy coach?

The reading of the article seems to suggest he'll be registered as a player too but it's clearly not the focus of his role.

As I've mentioned on the rumours page, he has his own one to one keeper school which a couple of my mates kids go to him. He's very good & they speak highly of him so hasn't come as a surprise to me as much. Knew he was due to sign back at Town, was just when, not if.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1744 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:17:25 »

Sounds like he'll coach the keepers throuhgout all the age groups then?

Seems like a good move.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1745 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:24:59 »

Not sure about the 'he's home' shtick the club are running re Ward's signing, he only played 9 games here!  Cheesy Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1746 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 14:52:26 »

Not sure about the 'he's home' shtick the club are running re Ward's signing, he only played 9 games here!  Cheesy Cheesy

winds me up stuff like that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1747 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 15:02:01 »

Only one behind a club legend like Moses Ashikodi to be fair.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1748 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 15:54:57 »

In fairness - Swindon is my home and I’ve played 0 games for the club…
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1749 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 15:59:38 »

Someone posted on twitter in pre-season "Lush to see Lewis Ward back between the sticks"

I was sick in my mouth a little bit.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1750 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:23:02 »

So we are 5 games into the season with 9 days left of the window.
What do we need to compete, and who would you move on if any?

I think we will all agree an experienced centre back and an Anthony Grant type would be brilliant.
I would also move Shade on now, I can’t see him getting much game time, I wouldn’t be against loaning out Cain and Minturn if we could get the 2 above in as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1751 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:24:38 »

Our squad is far too thin to be loaning out Cain and Minturn, in my opinion. Even if we get a couple in.

Unless he is hell bent on playing Ward over Minturn who looks objectively worse.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1752 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:24:49 »

Realistically, I'd take one big, experienced, organiser CB over any number of depth signings. But I can see a case for another defensively minded CM, a more defensively minded RWB to bring on for Hutton when defending a lead, and another strong forward. Not really seeing the need to get any more out, we've done a great job moving on the dross, think everyone left has something to offer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1753 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:30:49 »

So we are 5 games into the season with 9 days left of the window.
What do we need to compete, and who would you move on if any?

I think we will all agree an experienced centre back and an Anthony Grant type would be brilliant.
I would also move Shade on now, I can’t see him getting much game time, I wouldn’t be against loaning out Cain and Minturn if we could get the 2 above in as well.
1 big, ugly, blocking, tackling and heading CB.

1 tough tackling DMC who can break up play and sits back with FBT and Dokes go off awandering with the ball who can protect the defence.

1 different type of striker, one who can head a ball and gets into places that Austin can no longer get into and that Young/RHM/Wakeling are not capable of getting into, near post runs for Huttons crosses and is a threat at attacking corners.

I would prefer to not get rid of anyone else but if a decent loan came in for Minturn I would like him to get more game time and come back fitter and stronger at Christmas, Kanu and Brown could probably benefit from Conf N/S loan time too.

I think there is a player in Shade but I dont see how he could press the players we have so maybe a short term loan to get him some game time too would benefit him and the club.

If budget allows that is what I would be looking for before the deadline.

But it will alll come down to budget and if we still have some free, theres lots of free players out there that can do that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1754 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:54:54 »

Just because of the way our outside CBs bomb forward - I think it’s vital the middle CB has mobility. So it needs to be a big, strong, win every header type who is also mobile - probably a bit too much of an ask for a L2 player.

Think what would be more beneficial for us is a big, strong, win every header DM who will sit in front of the back 3 but drop in with Brewitt when Dokes & FBT push forward. It’ll require less mobility. Just the athleticism to back and forward 10-15 yards

Again, Clayton or Brewitt could play that role (with their other as the middle CB) when Clayton is fit.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: