Pages: 1 ... 2784 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 2790 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9093379 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #41790 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:36:12 »

I know alot of fans were surprised that DJ signed a contract in the summer at all, the fact it had a release clause in it explains that.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41791 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:36:28 »

In other word, he saw the shit show and better wages/security and wanted out

While I agree the shitshow would have been a key factor, he also must have been buzzing to go from League One relegation club to potential Championship promotion club. No brainer
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41792 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:37:03 »

Wright on Missilou:

We needed someone in midfield to help Matty Palmer and Jordan Lyden and who had good energy. Losing Matt Smith we definitely needed another midfield player. He can play in a three with Matty and Jordan or as a two in midfield.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41793 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:37:06 »

hell be on the bench at Swansea though
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41794 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:37:36 »

Wright on number of loans:

We will have to decide which loan player is left out for each match with six in the squad now. We don't have any loan conditions on players needing to play.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41795 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:38:16 »

hell be on the bench at Swansea though

Personally would rather train around that and be on the bench than play regular first-team football for a poor team with an even worse manager
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41796 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:38:40 »

Wright on squad overview:

You have to balance how the new players will perform when they come in. We have lost some quality players in Matt Smith and DJ and I'm not going to disguise that. Hopefully the players that have come in will help us.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41797 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:39:47 »

Wright on Matt Smith:

His departure came out the blue and I didn't deal with Arsenal. I was disappointed he left and is a player I think will only get better. He's not our player but I really appreciate what he has done.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41798 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:39:54 »

Funny that this was never mentioned before - i call BS

Would have been very easy for the club to have mentioned that in his sale and would have at least appeased some of the fan base. Adding this snippet of information now does sound dodgy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41799 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:40:24 »

Wright on Matt Smith:

His departure came out the blue and I didn't deal with Arsenal. I was disappointed he left and is a player I think will only get better. He's not our player but I really appreciate what he has done.

Complete bollocks right there. Sheridan wasn't even playing him. If they valued him that much he would have played.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #41800 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:40:44 »

You have to balance how the new players will perform when they come in. We have lost some quality players in Matt Smith and DJ and I'm not going to disguise that. Hopefully the players that have come in will help us.

I thought Matt Smith was footballing reasons, this statement goes against that - more BS

This is just a rehearsed script

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41801 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:40:45 »

Wright on missed signings:

We tried for another striker but we were never really close on any deals. We've stuck with the players we've got.
Panda Paws

« Reply #41802 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:40:58 »

Wright on Missilou:

We needed someone in midfield to help Matty Palmer and Jordan Lyden and who had good energy. Losing Matt Smith we definitely needed another midfield player. He can play in a three with Matty and Jordan or as a two in midfield.

But it was our choice to lose Smith, you tosser.

Re DJ - if he had a minimum release fee, fair enough (annoying, but if that's how we got him then so be it). Not hard to put one line in a fucking statement saying that is it!

"Begrudgingly accepted the bid as it met a contractual release fee agreed with DJ in the summer".
Crackity Jones

« Reply #41803 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:41:12 »

in other words - we are fucked
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41804 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 11:41:35 »

Wright on team selection:

The squad hasn't changed that much and we will have to change for DJ and Freeman leaving the club. The team we have been training with is very similar apart from those two leaving. Ellis Iandolo has been back training recently and is nearly fit. Paul Caddis will come in tonight and Matthews will be on the bench as well. Hopefully we can get a result to give everyone a boost.
Pages: 1 ... 2784 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 2790 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: