Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266759 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6180 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:41:12 »

Ironic that he rather threateningly says "we know who you are" when the Trust probably can't say the same of the current Swindon Town ownership.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6181 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:43:18 »

[Horlock]Well I don’t see any of you volunteering to support - you do release you can stand for election to the Trust board?[\Horlock]

In all seriousness, Spencer is a liability on Twitter and it’s really no surprise the club appear to treat The Trust with disdain when it comes to addressing recent concerns.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6182 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:45:47 »

The main complaint on Twitter seems to be the small lotto machine. If that’s all they’ve got to Moan about things can’t be too bad.

Looks like it came out of a cracker  Smiley
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6183 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:48:24 »

Looks like it came out of a cracker  Smiley

That lotto machine is symbolism of the tinpot approach to so many things off the field at present.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6184 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:49:47 »

How dare you, a volunteer put that bingo machine together

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6185 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 06:58:56 »

Not too invested in bingo-gate, but it doesn't bode well to see this kind of desperate social media activity from the Trust's vice chair on the day before some of the most important and probing questions in our recent history are being asked. Stinks of Nadine Dorries defence of BoJo.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6186 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:16:08 »

That lotto machine is symbolism of the tinpot approach to so many things off the field at present.

Harsh - if you look online they’re all tiny unless you pay £2k for a full sized machine - buying that would sort of defeat the object of the whole thing as a money making exercise. Maybe TTEF can sponsor the lotto machine?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6187 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:26:28 »

It does feel like we moving towards needing a fan initiative to get the Trust back to doing what most fans and I'm assuming members think they should be, pending the outcome of the showdown today!

As discussed on here, moving the stadium side of things to a separate entity feels like a constructive suggestion, and that would bring clarity of purpose back to the Supporters' Trust.

As a case in point, whilst you can find a link if you search "join Trust STFC" on Google, can anyone work how to join the Trust by navigating their website? (Large caveat: I may be being absolutely blind!)

https://truststfc.com/

I can buy a voting share for the stadium but there doesn't seem to be an obvious "join the Trust" section, which I think rather illustrates how muddled they have become.

Similarly, whilst people make the valid point that anyone can put themselves up for election, are the Honorary Officers in jobs for life?
« Last Edit: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:31:08 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6188 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:31:56 »

They paused new members, maybe they've not plugged https://truststfc.com/join-the-trust-donate-regularly/ back into the menus.
Bit of an oversight

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6189 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:47:13 »

I actually quite like the twee/fun nature of the lotto draw. Personally I think some of the criticism to the club of this, is all a bit silly. It's almost like people on Twitter feel they have to contribute on EVERYTHING done by the club.

Provided the club has the relevant licenses in order to run this lotto, then why not? Apparently there are 300 subscribers to this and any income - however small - is handy in this day and age.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6190 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:50:32 »

It does feel like we moving towards needing a fan initiative to get the Trust back to doing what most fans and I'm assuming members think they should be, pending the outcome of the showdown today!

As discussed on here, moving the stadium side of things to a separate entity feels like a constructive suggestion, and that would bring clarity of purpose back to the Supporters' Trust.

As a case in point, whilst you can find a link if you search "join Trust STFC" on Google, can anyone work how to join the Trust by navigating their website? (Large caveat: I may be being absolutely blind!)

https://truststfc.com/

I can buy a voting share for the stadium but there doesn't seem to be an obvious "join the Trust" section, which I think rather illustrates how muddled they have become.

Similarly, whilst people make the valid point that anyone can put themselves up for election, are the Honorary Officers in jobs for life?

They revamped the membership, if you sign up for a voting share, you are joining the Trust. Then you can also contribute to the CG funds as well.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6191 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:51:10 »

Harsh - if you look online they’re all tiny unless you pay £2k for a full sized machine - buying that would sort of defeat the object of the whole thing as a money making exercise. Maybe TTEF can sponsor the lotto machine?

I would be very suprised if you need to have some kind of ball-machine to run a lottery. You could program an excel file to do it in a minute.

It looks tinpot. The idea itself isn’t my cup of tea but I wouldn’t be too upset by it if the presentation of it wasn’t absolutely village

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6192 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:51:34 »

I actually quite like the twee/fun nature of the lotto draw. Personally I think some of the criticism to the club of this, is all a bit silly. It's almost like people on Twitter feel they have to contribute on EVERYTHING done by the club.

Provided the club has the relevant licenses in order to run this lotto, then why not? Apparently there are 300 subscribers to this and any income - however small - is handy in this day and age.

Agreed.

Aside from the photo of Rob Angus looking like he was being forced to play Russian roulette rather than run the Lilliput Lottery, this is a distraction.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6193 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:55:58 »

They revamped the membership, if you sign up for a voting share, you are joining the Trust. Then you can also contribute to the CG funds as well.

Thanks. Not a very clear system, and as I say, there is no 'Join the Trust' tab on any of the menus.

Does one need to buy a voting share every year?

Appreciate that the Ground purchase was complicated but we've ended up with a labyrinthine system that I would imagine could negatively impact on Trust membership numbers in the medium/long term.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6194 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 07:55:59 »

If there are 300 subscribers paying £5 a month, then they’re massively inflating the prize pot if it’s increasing £250 a week. T’s and c’s say 30% of takings go into prizes - at that rate it’s about 60%

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: