Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96860 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:48:00 »

it can give you an idea of the market though.
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 12:07:13 »

Bothroyd is out of contract in five months, so I don't think that's really a fair comparison

Bothroyd is almost 29 aswell so not so much potential for the future.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:15:57 »

looking at the fees paid by hull,and the money being talked about for bothroyd,we wont get much more than a million for austin.
i'd say upto 1.2 upfront with add ons is realistic

Agree with that.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:54:04 »

Sat watching the old firm now, Charlie would rip the SPL apart Hooperman judging by the amount of chances.

Not sure how Charlie would play with that Gypo up front though.

lambourn red

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:59:42 »

A player is worth what a pursuing club can afford it is not like buying a second hand car there is no set price , Villa paid 10million for Fabian Delph and he was a shite League 1 midfielder. Austin is priceless to Swindon at the moment and if the board believe that then they will hold out for as much as possible it really depends upon how good Fitton is with his poker face. The best case scenario for AF is that he gets QPR, Hull , Celtic etc into a bidding war .
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:36:20 »

am I the only one that thinks his last 2 performances reeks of someone not really wanting to be here ?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:41:22 »

No you're not, Fred.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:42:01 »

No, i hate to say
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:45:06 »

Lambourn Red, when Delph played here in the game we lost against 10 men he was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile. He ran the game.

Fred, I agree he's been pretty terrible in the last two games but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it's because he doesn't want to be here. Against Posh he got himself into good positions, missing two that he should have scored and hitting the post with another. Yesterday he was just muscled out of the game by some good defending. Unfortunately instead of trying to find a way around it he got frustrated, lost his rag and offered nothing to the team.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:51:40 »

As cynical as it sounds, Aston Villa paid so much because he was a Leeds United player. If Delph was doing the same stuff at Swindon Town then we'd have got £2million maximum.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:53:59 »

As cynical as it sounds, Aston Villa paid so much because he was a Leeds United player. If Delph was doing the same stuff at Swindon Town then we'd have got £2million maximum.
There's probably truth in that, but at the same time he was far from a "shite League 1 player" as LR put it
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:58:10 »

Players value is more about the length of time on their contract than there talent.

Bothroyd has 5 months so is worth next to nothing. He can sign a pre-contract agreement today with someone if he wants to.

We sold Cox for 1.9m with a year left. Austin has 18 months - so should be worth more.

McLean has been on the transfer list for ages and its well know Peterboroughs finances arent what they once were.

As for Delph - his value was also increased by his international career and the fact Leeds turned down plenty of bids for him.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:58:52 »

am I the only one that thinks his last 2 performances reeks of someone not really wanting to be here ?

I still think he's put himself about enough and tried harder than most... he does look frustrated with life though.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
lambourn red

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 15:16:01 »

There's probably truth in that, but at the same time he was far from a "shite League 1 player" as LR put it

Set the world alight since leaving Leeds has'nt he , unproven at the top level which is the same issue that has been levelled at CA yet he is worth 10mill. It makes me laugh when they talk about 6mill for Llana and 10mill for Chamberlain at saints who have has as much Championship experience as CA  what a joke
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 15:27:32 »

Set the world alight since leaving Leeds has'nt he , unproven at the top level which is the same issue that has been levelled at CA yet he is worth 10mill. It makes me laugh when they talk about 6mill for Llana and 10mill for Chamberlain at saints who have has as much Championship experience as CA  what a joke
He was only 19 when he signed for Villa. He played a few games then spent 8 months out injured, and has only just really come back from that. Give the lad a chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: