Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 95899 times)
Hooperman

« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:13:04 »

Hi there guys , Celtic fan coming in peace would just like some info on our new target Austin , just what type of striker is he and do you think he could make the step up to going from Swindon to a massive club like Celtic and playing in Europe etc ,

Gary Hooper was a fantastic buy for us from the championship unsure about league 1 players but I know Austin has massive talent and we have been tracking him for some time now , since the good relationship between both clubs i do not think a deal would be to hard to do , How have the ex Celtic lads been for you guys and good luck for the rest of the season.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:13:56 »

Sorry, all transfer rumours have to pass through my mill and this one is being immediatley dismissed   
stfcinbmth

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:25:33 »

Hi there guys , Celtic fan coming in peace would just like some info on our new target Austin , just what type of striker is he and do you think he could make the step up to going from Swindon to a massive club like Celtic and playing in Europe etc ,

Gary Hooper was a fantastic buy for us from the championship unsure about league 1 players but I know Austin has massive talent and we have been tracking him for some time now , since the good relationship between both clubs i do not think a deal would be to hard to do , How have the ex Celtic lads been for you guys and good luck for the rest of the season.

Step up? Celtic and Rangers aside, Scots Premier League is League 1
Hooperman

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:36:21 »

Mate its a massive step up going from Swindon No offense meant to Glasgow Celtic we are one of the biggest clubs in the world with one of the biggest fan bases in the world ,

We might play in a league you class as poor but the fact is we are a massive club and can offer the lad the chance to win leagues , cups and challenge the best in Europe , if your telling me Austin would not want some of that your having a fucking laugh .

Scott Cuthbert,Paul Caddis, Simon Ferry . How have the lads done for you guys ?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:38:50 »

Oh good, another game of bash the SPL, we haven't had one of those for a few days.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:45:51 »

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85219

Just a rumour, but saw it thought you might want to slate it and rip it to shreds or believe either way.

Come on YOU REDS!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:46:42 »

He won't go to Celtic.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:50:12 »

You know, no wonder it takes us so long to buy anyone if all our board members are busy leaking information to fans of other clubs all the time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:53:15 »

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85219

Just a rumour, but saw it thought you might want to slate it and rip it to shreds or believe either way.

Shows how good their supposed information is, after saying we have 3 Celtic players on loan..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:03:23 »

I'm disappointed.....I thought Hooperman was going to a Town fan whose name was paying homage to two of our worst players namely Wynne and Dean Hooper.

FWIW reckon Celtic would be a good move for Austin...think of all the chances he'd get, and he doesn't miss too many.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:04:09 »

Yep.  Some of them also seem to think that being a little club well bite their hand off for small fees.

Never knowingly overstated.
Hooperman

« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:19:13 »

Where have a said anything about a small fee , we paid a big fee for Gary Hooper 2.4mill and he has been excellent i came here to find out info on Austin , i never once said he was definitely joining us , was just looking for some info on him .

Back to the first question if he does sign for Celtic could you see him and Hoops linking up well together what type of player does he play best off ?

What is his style of play and who would you compare him too ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:22:46 »

just what type of striker is he and do you think he could make the step up to going from Swindon to a massive club like Celtic and playing in Europe etc ,

To answer the question a (normally) clinical striker who even at his worst comes alive in the box. That's not to say the rest of his game is lacking, can hold his own outside the box and bring others into play too. Not got explosive pace, but seems to know where to be and when to be there. In short, Austin scores goals.

I can't see Celtic  having the money to spend on what is still a bit of a gamble. Do I think he could play in the SPL? Yes, easily successful outside the old firm. God knows what he added crowd pressure and a big transfer fee would do, he'd be expected to perform from day 1,  you have to remember little over a year ago he was playing for Poole Town.

A bit academic I'd say, Brighton or Huddersfield will outbid you anyway Wink
« Last Edit: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:25:32 by Batch » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:24:06 »

No Hooperman, Im talking about the blokes on the QPR forum.  Who also seem to think you have the advantage as we have 3 of your players on loan!  Not the best informed people.

As for you questions, Charlie when he was first here just seemed to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time and being deadly accurate.  A natural finisher like Fowler or Lineker.  After a pre season he seems to have bulked up, still has that natural ability but can hold up the ball and shrug off other players as well.  He could become a fantastic all round player.

Never knowingly overstated.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:25:13 »

Back to the first question if he does sign for Celtic could you see him and Hoops linking up well together what type of player does he play best off ?
He plays excellently off Vincent Pericard, in fact, all of his goals are down to Pericard.
you after the wrong player, you can have Vince for £1million, baragin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: