Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96011 times)
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:29:15 »

If I was going to compare him to anyone it would Ian Rush for his finishing, although I don't think he's got as much pace as Rush had.

He contributes a lot in other areas. For his size he wins a lot of headers, and seems to be able to direct them to teammates when it looks like the angles aren't there for him to do it. He's also prepared to run himself into the ground for the team, harries defenders and forces mistakes.

I think he would do very well in the SPL, but I can't see Celtic being prepared to stump up what we would want for him.
Hooperman

« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:29:30 »

To answer the question a (normally) clinical striker who even at his worst comes alive in the box. That's not to say the rest of his game is lacking, can hold his own outside the box and bring others into play too. Not got explosive pace, but seems to know where to be and when to be there. In short, Austin scores goals.

I can't see Celtic  having the money to spend on what is still a bit of a gamble. Do I think he could play in the SPL? Yes, easily successful outside the old firm. God knows what he added crowd pressure and a big transfer fee would do, he'd be expected to perform from day 1,  you have to remember little over a year ago he was playing for Poole Town.

A bit academic I'd say, Brighton or Huddersfield will outbid you anyway Wink

Think you are getting us mixed up with Glasgow Rangers we have money and we spend it ,

2.5million on Hooper was a gamble , our board are more than happy enough to take a gamble on a player , if Lennon rates him and wants him he will get the cash , its then down to is Austin wants the challenge to play for us .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:32:31 »

Think you are getting us mixed up with Glasgow Rangers we have money and we spend it ,

Ranger, Celtic, always get those two mixed up. Which one plays in blue again?

Fishing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:32:54 »

I know that you have the money, but when you were chasing Cox you refused to spend that kind of money on a League One player- he eventually went for 1.7m and I'd imagine we'll be looking at some similar for Austin (A few rumours are going higher but I imagine that's more hopeful). Depends how certain Lennon is that Austin is his man- there are certainly cheaper strikers around as Hull just found out.

But STFC4Life has it right, you want to sign Pericard, ideal striker partner and wouldn't cost you much over a million.
Hooperman

« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:35:06 »

If I was going to compare him to anyone it would Ian Rush for his finishing, although I don't think he's got as much pace as Rush had.

He contributes a lot in other areas. For his size he wins a lot of headers, and seems to be able to direct them to teammates when it looks like the angles aren't there for him to do it. He's also prepared to run himself into the ground for the team, harries defenders and forces mistakes.

I think he would do very well in the SPL, but I can't see Celtic being prepared to stump up what we would want for him.

Cheers mate sounds like he would be perfect for Hooper , We have been tracking him since last season from what i have heard there is real interest in him , if we want him and he wants to come i do not think the money would be a problem if you only want 2million i think it would be a steal for a player like him .

Unsure when you guys signed Ferry and Caddis if the money was all upfront . so if you guys still had future payments to be made on them that could easily be taken off any fee for Austin .

Anyway thanks for all the info and the good welcome , All the best in the new year and good luck in the rest of your season .
« Last Edit: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:40:18 by Hooperman » Logged
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:35:20 »

But STFC4Life has it right, you want to sign Pericard, ideal striker partner and wouldn't cost you much over a million.

Pericard would do brilliantly for Swindon and actually help us win promotion if he went to play for Celtic!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:36:54 »

Who is Fox and is he fantastic?
Hooperman

« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:37:35 »

I know that you have the money, but when you were chasing Cox you refused to spend that kind of money on a League One player- he eventually went for 1.7m and I'd imagine we'll be looking at some similar for Austin (A few rumours are going higher but I imagine that's more hopeful). Depends how certain Lennon is that Austin is his man- there are certainly cheaper strikers around as Hull just found out.

Was more down to the fact Tony the clueless clown wanted Fortune and we spent 3.5million on him instead of Cox , and turned out a total waste , good winger not a striker .
Hooperman

« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 13:41:28 »

Who is Fox and is he fantastic?
Meant Ferry ended up thinking on Danny Fox some how.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 16:05:40 »

Mate its a massive step up going from Swindon No offense meant to Glasgow Celtic we are one of the biggest clubs in the world with one of the biggest fan bases in the world ,

Err, no you aren't. What was your last home attendance?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 16:13:57 »

Err, no you aren't. What was your last home attendance?

A shade over 40k.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 16:46:34 »

Probably be a good move for Charlie as he'd asily score 30 goals for Celtic and then would probably progress again and move to someone like Newcastle or Bolton
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 16:48:07 »

Ranger, Celtic, always get those two mixed up. Which one plays in blue again?

Fishing.
Think Rangers are the ones that win the League up there
 Fishing.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:20:26 »

looking at the fees paid by hull,and the money being talked about for bothroyd,we wont get much more than a million for austin.
i'd say upto 1.2 upfront with add ons is realistic
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:31:58 »

Bothroyd is out of contract in five months, so I don't think that's really a fair comparison
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: