Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276822 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #1935 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:08:32 »

Gets you thinking, and this may have been said days weeks even months ago now.
Did Clem solely buy the club or has he got Austin, Stamding or A N Other shadow behind the scenes using his (their) money.
Glad we still have a club, gald we have a great fan base that turn up week in week out. Sceptical that something isn't quite as it seems? Too right I am.
Very little ambition being shown, can we expect to be also rans in the basement division or are we waiting to do business as the window is closing to grab a bargain?
Open and transparent, more like slightly ajar and very clouded.
Still, I ordered 3 shirts for the kids last week not had confirmation of dispatch as yet but they're all available and in stock
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1936 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:08:49 »

How long have you been posting on here?  Cheesy

Ohhhhhh look at me! I’m 4D and I’ve got over 18,000 posts

Freak 😂. Keep posting Jack 👍.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1937 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:10:10 »

The issue is more when people don't actually want to enter in to the argument though. A lot of those known as happy clappers simply want to shut it down because they won't want to even hear it.

No, it's simply because it's the same moaning topic time and time again, ad nauseum. Never said I don't agree with some points, just a little tedious seeing it repeated in various threads.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1938 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:11:26 »

No, it's simply because it's the same moaning topic time and time again, ad nauseum. Never said I don't agree with some points, just a little tedious seeing it repeated in various threads.

This is literally a thread about the new board though. You wouldn't expect to come here and see us debating formations.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1939 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:16:17 »

Imagine if you ordered an England kit from JD Sports which they said was in stock and then there was a delay because it wasn't in stock and a lack of communication or refund or anything and someone turned around and said "Yeah but they were in financial difficulties this time last year, so mustn't grumble."  Head Hurts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1940 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:16:35 »

Ohhhhhh look at me! I’m 4D and I’ve got over 18,000 posts

Freak 😂. Keep posting Jack 👍.

You would make a fucking good limbo dancer.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1941 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:17:43 »

Bringing it back to the loyalty points issue....

All ST holders start on the same points
not everyone ever wants to go to friendly's that is why the club only open 1 stand

Easiest thing to do is put the Harrogate tickets on sale to ST holders, one per ST holder.
If you get one then your one of the lucky few if not then better luck next time.

Later in the season the club can use loyalty points if there are a low number of tickets for away games, so those that do attend a high number of away games gets the opportunity.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1942 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:20:32 »

They can wipe last seasons points at the half way point of this season or something. Its a fairly easy fix.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1943 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:42:39 »

Bringing it back to the loyalty points issue....

All ST holders start on the same points
not everyone ever wants to go to friendly's that is why the club only open 1 stand

Easiest thing to do is put the Harrogate tickets on sale to ST holders, one per ST holder.
If you get one then your one of the lucky few if not then better luck next time.

Later in the season the club can use loyalty points if there are a low number of tickets for away games, so those that do attend a high number of away games gets the opportunity.

A common sense approach, and what those spending hundreds on ST signed up for.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1944 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:46:46 »

Looking it up, Harrogate's away end looks like it holds about 700. For a near 10 hour round trip from Swindon, am I wrong to think we might not sell that out? I know we had some huge away followings towards the back end of last season, but that's not an easy day out.

Edit: looked up the fixture in April, we took 600 (think that was the full allocation).
« Last Edit: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:48:53 by Nemo » Logged
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #1945 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:49:23 »

Whilst I think some of the points raised are very valid and need answering which I think Jan said the Trust have asked and should hopefully send through the notes/answers soon.  I feel a degree more comfortable than most, I worked with Rob Angus for over 9 years and he is a thoroughly decent leader and guy who has loved and supported Swindon for over 30 years as do all his family so whilst he is Chief Exec I feel confident we are in safe hands despite the other more questionable people in the background.  If Rob ever left then alarm bells would be ringing as that would mean something is definitely wrong.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1946 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 11:57:40 »

You would make a fucking good limbo dancer.

Would say you’d make a fucking good lovely bloke, but you already are.

Keep fucking crying and running to protect when something anti club is said 4D.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1947 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 12:08:31 »

Whilst I think some of the points raised are very valid and need answering which I think Jan said the Trust have asked and should hopefully send through the notes/answers soon.  I feel a degree more comfortable than most, I worked with Rob Angus for over 9 years and he is a thoroughly decent leader and guy who has loved and supported Swindon for over 30 years as do all his family so whilst he is Chief Exec I feel confident we are in safe hands despite the other more questionable people in the background.  If Rob ever left then alarm bells would be ringing as that would mean something is definitely wrong.

Yeah the Rob Angus thing is one thing that probably stops my head exploding to be honest. Still some stuff that stinks though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1948 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 12:23:58 »

Not sure what the fuss is about Harrogate tickets.
We aren’t going to sell out our full allocation anyway.

People are not going to be queuing up to travel 5 hours to watch our team of kids with an inexperienced cheap options manager get hammered, are they?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1949 on: Friday, July 8, 2022, 12:24:43 »

Nice one admin 😂
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: