Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 827   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1175540 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1965 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 18:23:20 »

I haven't that much direct exposure to the new regime, being a bit far away, but did get over at Christmas and visited the shop.  I was extremely surprised at the way it still seemed like a couple of well meaning parents pulling together the school jumble sale.  The poor chap serving me spent several minutes trying to get a price for a top before just negotiating one with me.

I am not sure Puma are at all likely to hold pre-prepared stock for each club in the lower echelons.  They only take mass pre-orders to make it worth their while.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1966 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 06:43:16 »

For those moaning about their kits not arriving etc, it’s happening to half of the football league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1967 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 09:57:40 »

For those moaning about their kits not arriving etc, it’s happening to half of the football league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

The club has all the new shirts. All currently boxed and in DRS concourse. Just need unboxing and the orders sending out.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 10:11:25 »

Yeah, the club shop is shut early part of this week to let them pack and ship I think

edit:

🗣️Just a heads up…

Our Club Shop will be closed on Tuesday (26 July) as our dedicated team process our latest pre-orders.

So next weeks opening times look like this:

Monday – CLOSED
Tuesday – CLOSED
Wednesday – CLOSED
Thursday – 10am-4pm
Friday – 10am-4pm
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1969 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 12:12:06 »

Hmm, going back to my post then, can someone get their Mum or wife, or stay at home husband, to organise the team to help run the jumble sale?
« Last Edit: Monday, July 25, 2022, 13:53:50 by RobertT » Logged
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 13:51:15 »

I just delete my cookies every ten views(or whatever it is) on the adver site
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: Monday, July 25, 2022, 19:27:30 »

Hmm, going back to my post then, can someone get their Mum or wife, or stay at home husband, to organise the team to help run the jumble sale?

Indeed, things like this come across incredibly tinpot. The club effectively saying they can't afford to employ a few temps (and pay them) just to process some bloody shirts efficiently...

"Dedicated team", I'm sure they'd rather be running the Club Shop and helping to sell more merch than closing up for three days to be a picker/packer? To me that isn't what the term dedicated team means. Otherwise the club shop would still be open as they would be DEDICATED to running that. Passing extra work over to existing staff does not suddenly make it a dedicated process; whilst the staff might be dedicated in endeavouring to do it - I bet some of them are a bit miffed!

I'm now pissed off because I've said dedicated/dedication more times than Cheryl Baker & Roy Castle!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 06:47:32 »

Quite a few more club departures of club staff working behind the scenes. All down to cost cutting I’m informed.

Now, ain't that just like me?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1973 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:05:50 »

Quite a few more club departures of club staff working behind the scenes. All down to cost cutting I’m informed.

Who has gone then?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1974 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:08:24 »

All part of the plan and has been for a number of months, this is first chance that the club has had since the takeover to assess the existing structure, realign and implement the strucutre that it wants to run with moving forward.  Any business that is taken over goes through this.  Unlike previous times, this is nothing to worry about and should have been expected at some point.  Hopefully once they get their preferred structure in place we will start to see improvements in the day to day issues that everyone has been experiencing with the back office stuff.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1975 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:15:09 »

It's been in the pipeline a while, not sure it's down to soley cost cutting though. They will employ more people in the right roles. To be fair we can see only a few posts above that people don't think the club is doing all it can off the pitch so hopefully they get the right staff in
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1976 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:20:44 »

Sandro obviously holds Brentford in high regard and as a model we are attempting to follow.

Interesting to learn that Brentford have also been tapping into a relatively untouched market with Bees Indonesia.

Maybe the Pakistan link isn’t quite as dodgy as some think.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1977 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:53:18 »

Sandro obviously holds Brentford in high regard and as a model we are attempting to follow.

Er, isn't there a bit of a difference there?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-matthew-benham-premier-league-24251175
Two years after Benham's initial investment, the childhood fan had invested approximately £20m, with fans holding an extraordinary meeting to ask Benham to buy the club outright, which he did.

Benham has now invested approximately £100m into the running of the club over the years, though promotion to the Premier League will earn the club - not Benham - a pot in the region of £300m, through parachute payments and television money.

Sure the approach can be similar.
But can you do the same thing as Brentford, but on a comparatively shoestring budget?
Will it at least be enough to get us into a solid league 1 position while we work out how to finance the next step?

I guess we'll see in a few years.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1978 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:56:12 »

Er, isn't there a bit of a difference there?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-matthew-benham-premier-league-24251175
Sure the approach can be similar.
But can you do the same thing as Brentford, but on a comparatively shoestring budget?

No.

Happy to help

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1979 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2022, 07:56:35 »

Hopefully once they get their preferred structure in place we will start to see improvements in the day to day issues that everyone has been experiencing with the back office stuff.

So more staff, but in different areas?

Hopefully a few customer facing ones.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 827   Go Up
Print
Jump to: