Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 146886 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 15:03:13 »

Exactly this. It muddies the waters when there are pertinent questions about Keily not being answered and you're getting absolute bollocks being put forward. Its distracting and time wasting.

Whoever asked that question if you're on here I implore you to give your head a wobble. 

Proper Parish Council wanker behaviour. Exhausting.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:11:37 »

The look of the pdf was great so kudos to whichever media intern produced it. In all seriousness it was very nice. One minor note though, the roadmap was a bit odd in that it ''charting'' of it's route looked a bit like a slowly depreciating asset....start higher on the left and ends lower on the right...maybe do a quick update but as I say it was minor but made i chuckle.

Much of what I was going to write mirrors pretty much everything RobT said so unless I plagiarise his post then there is little point in writing it.

There were a lot of political answers in there that never really answered the actual questions and some were totally ignored. If by ''transparent'' STFC think we mean that we can see right through them then objective complete  Wink

#SandyVagina

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 17:48:11 »

Our model is to find players, develop and sell on. Yet that doesn’t get mentioned once in the plan.
I expected to see reinvestment mentioned.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 17:56:25 »

I applaud the fact we publish this kind of information, when many clubs don’t. I also genuinely believe that the CEO and Owner are doing everything in their power, with what seem to be limited resources, to improve the club.

But… I don’t entirely understand why we seem to be so ahead of the competition in this league when it comes to ticket revenue, but so behind on talent on the pitch (especially in terms of quality) and off it (in terms of numbers) that some clubs seem to be. The Zavier Austin response is also evasive. It does not answer the question as to what his role is and whether and to what extent he has a financial interest in the club. He may not have an official title, but he has for some time held himself out as a club official (at least, in Pakistan), so his presence is still concerning. The EFL won’t allow him to be a director due to his history of laundering drug money, but yet we are quite content allow him to have a board level presence / active role. I suppose beggars cannot be choosers. If the owner wants him here, or has been told by others that he must be here, we’re stuck with it. Well done to those probing, but without an alternative, maybe it just needs to be left alone. Reluctantly.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 17:59:11 by Frigby Daser » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 18:14:12 »

I’m sure the club didn’t deliberately recruit poor players. Don’t forget we’ve gone from a squad heavily reliant on loan signings, to paying fees for players on contracts longer than 1 year. That doesn’t come cheap.

We aren’t cheapskate, we obviously aren’t skint. Forget Morris’ current lack of success, he wouldn’t have come cheap either - and, I’m presuming, a promise of a decent budget.

Thus season’s disaster is purely down to poor decisions throughout the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 18:44:56 »

"obviously aren't skint" is fairly subjective. we rely on Clem. the club itself is brassic and loss making. Clem reaches a limit, we are up against it.
----
The club can't really say more about Austin can they? it's against league rules to act as a significant person without passing the relevant tests.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 18:56:33 »

This £500k in required efficiencies seems to exactly mirror the £500k we made from the Man City game and Cup run last year.

On that basis, how was Lindsey allowed to get away with essentially throwing the League Cup game? You are literally one game away from a big cup tie in that competition that could have paid us a decent six figure sum. How un-joined up is our footballing operation that he wasn't told that we had to be competitive in that game as the club's finances might rely on it? And if they really were so unfit that they couldn't play two games in a week in August, then he should have been sacked on the spot anyway.

It still boils my piss. As a reminder, we started Minturn, Harries, Cowmeadow, Aguiar and Parsons.

A proper preseason is an absolute must this year. Insane that should have to be a comment of a professional football club but it seems we are where we are.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:19:34 by Mooneyraker » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:22:19 »

I’m sure the club didn’t deliberately recruit poor players. Don’t forget we’ve gone from a squad heavily reliant on loan signings, to paying fees for players on contracts longer than 1 year. That doesn’t come cheap.

We aren’t cheapskate, we obviously aren’t skint. Forget Morris’ current lack of success, he wouldn’t have come cheap either - and, I’m presuming, a promise of a decent budget.

Thus season’s disaster is purely down to poor decisions throughout the club.

A tragic combination of poor infrastructure (not just physical assets), lack of experience (know how, not just on the field) and poor execution.  The first two set-up the last one for an open own goal.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:25:37 »

As a comparison last season under Garner was a fantastic achievement.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:28:45 »

This £500k in required efficiencies seems to exactly mirror the £500k we made from the Man City game and Cup run last year.

On that basis, how was Lindsey allowed to get away with essentially throwing the League Cup game? You are literally one game away from a big cup tie in that competition that could have paid us a decent six figure sum. How un-joined up is our footballing operation that he wasn't told that we had to be competitive in that game as the club's finances might rely on it? And if they really were so unfit that they couldn't play two games in a week in August, then he should have been sacked on the spot anyway.

It still boils my piss. As a reminder, we started Minturn, Harries, Cowmeadow, Aguiar and Parsons.

A proper preseason is an absolute must this year. Insane that should have to be a comment of a professional football club but it seems we are where we are.

£340,000
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:31:45 »

£340,000

I'm quoting the latest Advisory Board:

"Last season was incredible on the pitch, as we had c£500k
unplanned income from the Manchester City match and season
tickets and other matchday revenues have been consistently high
since the takeover."

"Maintain current season ticket
levels and work to deliver
c£500k in efficiencies so that we
can become sustainable."
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:36:36 »

The 300k number was the profit from the game, after the increased running costs.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:37:23 »

I feel we are rather dancing around the point I was making!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:43:36 »

I’m surprised more isn’t being made of the Zav thing to be honest.

Something about that doesn’t add up, what is the real reason you keep a convicted fraudster around the club?
The club/Clem are hiding something there, and I think the Trust either know more, of aren’t pushing for answers for a reason.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 19:48:42 »

The whole thing is at least sus quagmire. Ditto Hart. Ditto Keily. possibly even Standing.

ok the trust could push it, but I'm not sure what else to say.

the club aren't going to volunteer more.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: