Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15639 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 23:15:24 »

Chinese chips are the best.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 23:18:18 »

and lashings of mayonnaise Yes

Stunning  Yes
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 23:19:23 »

Chinese chips are the best.

Proper Chinese chips are cooked in peanut oil. Bet you are glad you know that now  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 20:37:45 »

Interesting thread which has passed me by until now. Anyway, I think some season ticket holders are arseholes, speaking and behaving like they are superior supporters. They aint, they just want to save money.

Going to watch the town aint as important as it was to me anymore. I rarely go nowadays as I watch my son play but cannot be arsed anyway. Been to hundreds of games and used to hate missing fixtures but aint bothered now. I still go now and then and town will always be my team but it's not a priority anymore.

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 20:39:41 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 20:43:30 »

Been to hundreds of games and used to hate missing fixtures but aint bothered now.

But why?

Have to admit I'm starting to go the same way a bit. I remember a while ago being absolutely gutted at missing a JPT (or LDV or whatever) game through purely forgetting about it. Even more so as we stuffed Southend 6-0 or something.

Yesterday I missed the FA Cup game, and was mildly disappointed for about 5 minutes (less so after hearing the score!).

Can't make Tuesday either, was more annoyed but its the Mrs 40th so what can you do (other than go Smiley)

When and why did it change from being gutted at missing an LDV to being mildly annoyed at missing the FA cup.

Have I grown up or something. I don't think so.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 20:53:22 »

For some priorities change. That's all I can put it down to. I remember 1 season as a teen I missed one home game all season as I was skint. It was palace and I still went to the county ground and went in at the end when the gates were opened. stfc was so big a thing for me then. Times change.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:03:14 »

i stopped going quite so often when i moved to the midlands as i either couldn't afford it, was working or just couldn't be arsed. now i can't make it to games at all i miss it a whole lot more.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:12:13 »

I understand the above comments, It's expensive and time consuming following any team to the extent where you rarely miss a game. It's also the bug factor that gets to some people and also breaking a way of life can sometimes be very difficult.
Going to games for me is easier because I still get the buzz and by and large enjoy my match days. When you get shitty results/proformances  like yesterday it makes the next win even more enjoyable. There will be tonnes of reasons why people can't get along to matches on a regular bases and sometimes the reason could simply be that they just don't fancy it. Can't see how anyone can be better or worse whenever they choose to go to games or not.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:14:02 by Notts red » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:18:12 »

I was fanatical in the 90's (even went to away friendlies), but the Quinn era killed it for me and I stopped going for a couple of years. The addiction's back but I have a wife and two kids to think about now, so can only really attend home games and the very occasional away game.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:25:34 »

Our attendance yesterday was thirds highest.  About 50 behind Coventry and 1000 behind Portsmouth.  I suspect Notts county took more to pompey than mac did to us.  Not so sure if Arlesley took many to cov.

So it wasnt too bad really.

Never knowingly overstated.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:29:13 »

For some priorities change. That's all I can put it down to. I remember 1 season as a teen I missed one home game all season as I was skint. It was palace and I still went to the county ground and went in at the end when the gates were opened. stfc was so big a thing for me then. Times change.

Its an age thing...i had to miss yesterday....fireworks and the fact that we have four matches in 10 days......Villa,Macc,Sheff all home matches means on one hand i cannot afford it and on the other i really do have to chose a match to miss to be with the family.
Also i like my golf and time and money means i cannot do both as much as i would like and now and again i miss a match....not often i may add.
As you get older family issues and events often get in the way of football matches....if i was loaded and didn't have to work i would go to every match home and away.....three home matches in seven days means that sadly lots of people like myself have to make decisions....for some its down to money,others time....others its both.
The football forum has given lots of people who dont or cant go a chance to get close on matchday through the medium of Broadband...thats a good thing i reckon.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:32:01 »

Was suprised and pleased we broke the 6k yesterday. if we weren't home Tuesday it would probably of been a few hundred more. What sort of attendance could we expect against United? Shame it wasn't a Saturday fixture in terms of numbers but would still expect them to bring over a thousand.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:37:09 »

About 8800 i reckon Notts.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:37:49 »

Was suprised and pleased we broke the 6k yesterday. if we weren't home Tuesday it would probably of been a few hundred more. What sort of attendance could we expect against United? Shame it wasn't a Saturday fixture in terms of numbers but would still expect them to bring over a thousand.

It's the sort of game that would attract 10k plus on a Saturday, but being a Tuesday I doubt we'll break 9k. Ticket sales on the online thingy look pretty poor too.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 21:45:54 »

About 8800 i reckon Notts.
That's not to bad then Leefer, and after Walsall away we have home games the following Saturday and Tuesday: Yeovil & Brentford so again should be looking at healthy attendances.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: