Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Williams wants fans to return  (Read 15627 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 07:00:04 »

Williams wants fans to return

ANDY Williams hopes Swindon Town’s display in the 3-2 Capital One Cup defeat to Aston Villa on Tuesday will have convinced occasional visitors to the County Ground to make a return trip for the FA Cup clash with Macclesfield this weekend, writes SAM MORSHEAD.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10019076.Williams_wants_fans_to_return/?ref=rss

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 10:20:31 »

I'd imagine most of the extras, will now go back to watching Oxford.....good of them to swell our coffers though.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 14:47:23 »

I didn't go to the Villa game I was going to go on Saturday but now I feel unwelcome.

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 14:52:53 »

I didn't go to the Villa game I was going to go on Saturday but now I feel unwelcome.
Good. No place for your sort.

It's All Good..............
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 16:41:10 »

I hope to see more come back but i can't see it as when we do get the bumper crowds all i hear from the regulars is look at all the plastics and pretty much doing everything they can to make them feel unwelcome. One guy behind me on Tuesday took it upon himself to start having a go at a guy who had his little kids with him ! What a bell end !

Before anyone asks yes i am a season ticket holder have been for many years.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 16:58:49 »

I hope to see more come back but i can't see it as when we do get the bumper crowds all i hear from the regulars is look at all the plastics and pretty much doing everything they can to make them feel unwelcome. One guy behind me on Tuesday took it upon himself to start having a go at a guy who had his little kids with him ! What a bell end !

Before anyone asks yes i am a season ticket holder have been for many years.

Trouble is we are assuming the 7,000 are same 7,000 that show up every week when they're not. Granted we have core of ST holders (5,000ish) but many others drift in and drift out (the other 2,000). Lots drift in for big games - it's a fact of footballing life at League One level.

The more we keep peddling out the "plastic" line about the fans that show up to Villa games etc the more they'll be put off from coming.

I bet most of those 11,000 (presume Villa bought 3,000ish) will see at least a handful of games a season... And the ones that show up JUST for Villa are in minority.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 17:14:30 »

Good post. I go to an average of 10 aways and 5 homes. Might make me a plastic home fan in some peoples eyes, but when a game like villa comes around I'm not gonna miss it. Don't think there were many true plastics at villa. Wembley on the other hand....
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 17:17:52 »

The only thing that annoys me whenever we get a big crowd, is the morons who can't put a row to the one that's printed on their ticket.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 18:05:03 »

The only thing that annoys me whenever we get a big crowd, is the morons who can't put a row to the one that's printed on their ticket.

Ha ha.  It took us 5 minutes to get up the steps into the stand due to the number of people needing help from the stewards with directing to their seats.  Then when we got to our seats there were people sat in them.  The bloke wouldn't have it that he was in the wrong seat until the people who sit behind and to the side of us backed up that we've sat in those seats for 4 years!  Stupid fool then moved to the row behind and got shifted on again when the rightful seat holders turned up a few minutes later.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:19:27 »

I drift in for cheap games,can't afford normal prices and cant afford to stump up in advance for a season ticket.. am I a plastic?

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:25:43 »

I drift in for cheap games,can't afford normal prices and cant afford to stump up in advance for a season ticket.. am I a plastic?
Absolutely Yes
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:32:02 »

ace!

hip hip hooray for footballs!

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:49:33 »

let's be plastic together
nochee

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:52:00 »

[url width=500 height=375]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/9/9/f0d91b01-3ff5-4e3e-a48e-51c8a93164d7.jpg[/url]
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 19:56:19 »

I used to go week-in week-out with my dad, then stopped for a while, then started doing so again. For the past few years, primarily because of Swindon being hours away on the train and University work , I haven't been to nearly as many games as I want to. Perhaps 9/10 in the past two seasons?

I can sit at home and do work listening to Player (shit as it is), and do for every match I can't go and see. Even so, when I do turn up, I am fully comfortable being back in the CG. Don't feel 'plastic' at all, though some would probably call me it because I'm not there every week.

Because I have taken yanks to a few games (and yanks have this habit of being loud and asking lots of questions without considering their surroundings), I often get funny looks and some really dickish comments from people who see themselves as 'better' fans. How is the club supposed to attract new fans to come back if the current ones turn people away by being twats? It's even worse when they're moaning about kids and parents being there. FFS, those kids, if they enjoy themselves, are gonna be the ones who pester daddy or mummy to bring them back next time, so that's 2/3 extra tickets being sold, maybe a shirt at christmas, and one or two more kids pried away from supporting the knobs at Chelsea or Man Utd.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: