Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wilder points the finger at Town players  (Read 18274 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 12:48:20 »

The wallies on Radio Oxford suggested that he went down with cramp. How often do professional goalkeepers get cramp?

That Rhodes Brown gimp was really annoying, every time the main commentator suggested Pox were doing something wrong, he kept saying 'oh no, we are Oxford United, that's not our way' etc. Total plum that man (who ever he is).

It made me laugh that the commentator on Radio Oxford kept mentioning repeatedly that the ground only had 3 stands - it was only a small thing but tickled me that he kept going on about it.

Didn't Rhodes Brown play for Chelsea as well?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 13:48:30 »

Rhodes-Brown used to play for Chelsea and us.

We don't normally waste time, the derby is the most effective I've seen us do it and that was mainly down to the ball boy and crowd keeping the balls. The ball boy wouldn't have been under any instructions to do it, just a youth team player who supports his club.

Our 'keeper was booked in the 20th minute (of the first half) against the Shrews, a complete joke of a booking. The ball went over the crossbar and because he didn't immediately run to get it he was booked.

The ref was really awful all night. Wilder said he had a bad feeling when he met the Shrews staff and the ref beforehand; the ref was on first name terms with all of them and very pally. He gave throw-ins the wrong way when it was obvious, added 2 mins in the first half (there were some injuries) and then 5 in the second (there were no injuries). Also, to underline his ineptitude, gave our player offside direct from a throw-in which is impossible. Boo hoo I know.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 13:53:18 »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 13:55:56 »

Somebody call

[url width=250 height=136]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/_miserylovedme/wambulance.jpg[/url]
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 13:57:16 »

All hail to the referee!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:01:12 »

We don't normally waste time, the derby is the most effective I've seen us do it and that was mainly down to the ball boy and crowd keeping the balls. The ball boy wouldn't have been under any instructions to do it, just a youth team player who supports his club.

Our 'keeper was booked in the 20th minute (of the first half) against the Shrews, a complete joke of a booking. The ball went over the crossbar and because he didn't immediately run to get it he was booked.

The ref was really awful all night. Wilder said he had a bad feeling when he met the Shrews staff and the ref beforehand; the ref was on first name terms with all of them and very pally. He gave throw-ins the wrong way when it was obvious, added 2 mins in the first half (there were some injuries) and then 5 in the second (there were no injuries). Also, to underline his ineptitude, gave our player offside direct from a throw-in which is impossible. Boo hoo I know.

Sounds like your keeper was simply getting his just desserts after his antics on saturday. Not sure how you can say for sure the ballboy wasn't instructed to waste time either but we'll just have to beg to differ.

I'm off to look at the league table....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:04:54 »

Sadly these sort of inept refereeing performances seem to be the norm at our level. At least you get consistency and shouldn't be too surprised when it happens!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:05:43 »

On the tv it looked to me that the ballboy didnt even need to get the ball on saturday, as the way i saw it ritchie was going to get it to give back to the keeper?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:06:58 »

Er...

From Shrewsbury forum:/

Can't see how they can complain about the time added on really. Five subs in the second half, two goals, physio on the pitch and their players told on a number of occasions time was being added on for time wasting

In fact they don't seem to like our yellow friends at all going by that thread

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77989

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:13:27 »

Er...

From Shrewsbury forum:/

In fact they don't seem to like our yellow friends at all going by that thread

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77989

I think the Shrews fans sum the yellows forum up perfectly in that thread!!

There must be a forum where there are intelligent Oxford fans surely? Or am I asking too much?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:15:07 »

The only one is Oxford Fan.......who spends most of his time on ours!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:15:23 »

There must be a forum where there are intelligent Oxford fans surely? Or am I asking too much?

yeah, oxford-fan on here.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:17:27 »

haha. Nice one Leefer, Arriba. Smiley

Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:18:11 »

They seem a little more reasonable here: http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=f7cf2f4d774ede861cf94c2fcb396286

Oxford fans more-so than a group of Swindon haters. There seems to be fewer of them though.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:27:13 »

They seem a little more reasonable here: http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=f7cf2f4d774ede861cf94c2fcb396286

Oxford fans more-so than a group of Swindon haters. There seems to be fewer of them though.

Had a quick look. Seems to be a much more intelligent forum. Shame there doesn't seem to be many posters on it as it looks like you could actually have some decent banter on that without the usual childish 'webbed fingers' 'you shag your mum/sister/aunt' drivel on that other place.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: