Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380168 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:43:30 »

Can anyone remember if there is a set fee for Jake Young? Even if our poverty stricken club pay it and flip him straight away in January it has to be worth it, right?

There certainly hasn't been one made public, whether or not there is anything in the contract privately we don't know.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:47:37 »

There certainly hasn't been one made public, whether or not there is anything in the contract privately we don't know.

I have a vague possibly imagined memory of the presence of a fee being mentioned in a presser. Perhaps not.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:48:02 »

Got to get real though- if jake keeps scoring as he is he’ll be championship bound. Enjoy it whilst we have him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:51:43 »

Got to get real though- if jake keeps scoring as he is he’ll be championship bound. Enjoy it whilst we have him.

Both him and Kemp will get moves upwards in Jan.
DMC

« Reply #2104 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:02:00 »

Agree Tails, ideally we will be sitting high in the league and be a good prospect to get similar in
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:06:34 »

Agree Tails, ideally we will be sitting high in the league and be a good prospect to get similar in

Or be 20 points clear by then  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:18:37 »

As I see the situation with Kemp/Young.

Pros

- Neither Bradford or Franchise appear to want their players.
- Good loan spells means happy and content players and given the situations at their parent clubs should see a permanent deal very much on the cards for both players. (you'd hope discussions might already be taking place between players and agents)

Cons

- Good loan spells for talented young players sees market price shoot up.
- Good loan spells for talented young players sees increased competition for permanent signatures.

I've absolutely no idea of the terms of the loans, but the way both players are performing is both a blessing and a curse. Obviously the best case is we sign both in January, but can we afford that? Perhaps we're keeping the budget lowish at the moment in order to go shopping in January? Increased attendances and extra season ticket sales just could see us be able to afford something?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:33:42 »

If we could sign one of them permanently but only one, I wonder who people would choose? Tough choice but I think I'd go with Kemp...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:34:54 »

I have a vague possibly imagined memory of the presence of a fee being mentioned in a presser. Perhaps not.
What Flynn mentioned was we paid both Dongs and Bradford a loan fee for Kemp/Young. Seems to be common practice. Whether that is tethered to either a pre agreed final fee or just first refusal I don’t know. If either club recall their player in January there will be a penalty incurred by the parent clubs although by then it would be dwarfed by their resale value..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:36:44 »

If we could sign one of them permanently but only one, I wonder who people would choose? Tough choice but I think I'd go with Kemp...

Kemp.

Austin & RHM will get goals.
Not sure Cain, Kinsella, Khan, McEachron can do what Kemp does though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:41:53 »

Yeah, Kemp. Much more difficult to replace.

RHM will step up if Young goes.
Then dip into the loan market for an extra striker.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:12:19 »

Kemp don't seem to be wanted by Franchise as they loaned him out last season as well so hopefully there is a deal to be done in January, with Young it may depend who the Bradford manager is come January, if it is Hughes then they may decide to cash in if it is someone else they may decide to bring him back to score them goals.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2112 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:17:37 »

Is it Kemps that deal is up at the end of the season? I know someone said of of the two is out of contract in June.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2113 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:17:51 »

I’ve always wondered how much sway the actual player has in a transfer if it’s apparent his parent club wants to sell him.

If Club A offers £150,000 for Young and we offer less but Young wants to join us and not Club A how does that usually pan out?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2114 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:22:01 »

Is it Kemps that deal is up at the end of the season? I know someone said of of the two is out of contract in June.
Not sure. He joined Dongs in Jan 22, so I suspect he signed a 2 1/2 year deal which would see him be OOC at the end of this season. Maybe an option though. Easier to thrash out a deal for him than Young.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: