Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380776 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:40:10 »

I take your point, which is why I think a replacement is needed, but if Ryan Whelan has it correct as a “decent fee” I reckon it’s a good bit of business for someone who has only shown flashes of potential.

Well, if a replacement is needed - then why even move him on in the first place?

I also think ‘only shown flashes of potential’ is doing Wakeling’s time here a massive disservice
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:42:07 »

No

Yes

Classic TEF

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:42:48 »

Odd one. Didn't see that coming.

You'd like to think a striker is lined up as it seems foolish to rely on Austin, RMH and Young. Kane Hemmings was released earlier...
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:42:56 »

Well, if a replacement is needed - then why even move him on in the first place?

I also think ‘only shown flashes of potential’ is doing Wakeling’s time here a massive disservice

If the fee is sizeable, clubs in our position can’t really turn it down. I’d say flashes of potential is fair. Can’t say I particularly noticed much from him post October, but people view the game differently, so maybe he did show more than that, and I’m being harsh.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:43:18 »

Strange. Clearly not planned going off the article below. Stinks of a cash grab.

Thought he was gonna be a real asset for us after his first full season which was very productive.

3 bodies short now and a forward line injury away from not having an option on bench.

* A66368CA-37D7-41D1-81F8-BCEAEBEE1916.jpeg (150.32 KB, 828x742 - viewed 168 times.)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:45:19 »

Would have much preferred to keep Wakeling.

Maybe the funds will allow for the signing of Richards or a.n.other not dependent on closure of transfer window.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:46:06 »

Great move for Abu Kanu thinking about it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:47:23 »

If the fee is sizeable, clubs in our position can’t really turn it down. I’d say flashes of potential is fair. Can’t say I particularly noticed much from him post October, but people view the game differently, so maybe he did show more than that, and I’m being harsh.

Well, we could turn the fee down. Play the player who is under contract and sell for a bigger sum in the summer.

Last season was his first full season as a pro. He did very well despite the shit managers he worked under. A year under his belt, a competent manager and he could have been a more valuable asset in the future.

To me it stinks like a cash out. Sometimes let the bet ride…
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:48:59 »

This is bollocks. It's all eggs in keeping 11 players fit and healthy for an entire season. The backups are nowhere near of sufficient quality.

If we don't bring anybody in tonight I'll be pretty fucked off to be honest.

Clem, if you can't afford to fund this club then I sincerely hope it's up for sale. I despise Power but he might've been correct in saying Clem couldn't afford to run this football club.

Seeing the likes of Barrow giving it a good go whilst we get upwards of 9k crowds and behave like a club in poverty.

It's not on. The club have 13 minutes to change my mind but I see this as incredibly worrying.

What the frig are you on about.

‘It’s not on’?

It’s not on to pay off our debts? It’s not on to try and run the club sustainably? It’s not on to uh, I dunno, hire an incredibly competitive manager with a great goalkeeper and a front line that on their day could run rings around anybody?

What is this entitlement some town fans have? Just because we have decent crowds doesn’t mean we should (or can) spunk our money like a drunk playing Football Manager. And whereas you might envy these tiny clubs buying players when we don’t - where do you think they’re going to be in a few years time? Fucked again and back to square one.

For the billionth time, there is not a queue of benevolent billionaires queuing up to buy Swindon that we’ve turned down. Be careful what you wish for.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:49:03 »

In a weird way, if there's a 15-20% sell on he's almost a more valuable asset at Posh who regularly sell strikers for seven figures.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:49:50 »

Well, we could turn the fee down. Play the player who is under contract and sell for a bigger sum in the summer.

Last season was his first full season as a pro. He did very well despite the shit managers he worked under. A year under his belt, a competent manager and he could have been a more valuable asset in the future.

To me it stinks like a cash out. Sometimes let the bet ride…

On the flip side, he may not have got too much consistent game time here this season, with his development stalling and stock dropping. I definitely see where you’re coming from, and it’s a risk to sell, but I can see why it’s been done, and think it is a decent bit of business.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:50:19 »

Great move for Abu Kanu thinking about it.

Real opportunity for him to get minutes now.

We're wafer thin on bodies now though. We'll have to get extremely lucky with injuries and suspensions to not be in serious trouble at some point this season.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:50:29 »

I hope the club don't use the party line/spin of ''It came right out of the blue {no pun} and we weren't prepared/expecting a deal to come in but we are working hard on finding a replacement''  Roll Eyes

I'm not hugely fussed with Wakeling gone. I think he hasn't had a full chance in this Flynn set up but on the positive IF it's a good fee AND there is a good sell on then Peterborough is definitely one of the right clubs to sell to. IF he develops well, we know Peterborough sell players on regularly for good money. Some may say ''that should be us...'' but at this moment in time STFC can't be that animal but we can still be part of an upward food chain.

All in all, probably a good move. So long as someone who isn't Elliot Benyon gets announced in the next 6O seconds.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:54:05 »

Clubs only priority is making a quick buck. Any success on the pitch is incidental

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 21:55:20 »

Can we file "competitive budget" alongside "open and transparent" and "100% owner of the football club" now please?

And Aberdeen is on the hook for this one.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: