Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 146859 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:19:21 »

With regard to Zav I wonder if it's a case of the EFL having a quiet word & saying look just remove any references that point to him being a Relevant Person or there will be consequences.

Maybe a memo went round to all clubs when the Birmingham & Peterbrough sanctions were upcoming.

In any situation there is always merit in saying sorry, I or we fucked up on this occasion.
It would be worthy of some respect.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:36:11 »

With regard to Zav I wonder if it's a case of the EFL having a quiet word & saying look just remove any references that point to him being a Relevant Person or there will be consequences.

I know he was titled as this that and the other, but as there any evidence that he had any substantive say in the running of the club, Angus has always seemed to be the right hand to Clem in that effect.

I have worked in companies and with countless clients over the years where people have very grand titles and appear important, but when you get inside you realise that despite this public impression they have fuck all say in anything and its just mainly either repaying a favour by making them appear/sound important (often when they aren't being paid as per Austin) or just massaging a fragile ego (albeit at that level its normally a relative)?

In any situation there is always merit in saying sorry, I or we fucked up on this occasion.
It would be worthy of some respect.

Yep.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:59:34 »

He has been at pretty much every AB meeting and often answers the questions - which suggests he has a close relationship to the day to day.  Clem described him as another set of eyes an ears for him up until this recent change.  The answers in the AB themselves gave the impression he was still pursuing clearance from the EFL until this recent AB meeting, which you would not be doing for a mate in the stands.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:03:39 »

I'd like to see the club provide a who's who at stfc from the tea lady up to Rob & Clem, there appears to be several roles at the club with people either filling in or doing dual jobs, like for eg club secretary, this is an important role but I believe they have someone from the foundation filling in.

Surely important roles should be someone doing the job full time not trying to do 2 roles or just filling in.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:05:15 »

He has been at pretty much every AB meeting and often answers the questions - which suggests he has a close relationship to the day to day.  Clem described him as another set of eyes an ears for him up until this recent change.  The answers in the AB themselves gave the impression he was still pursuing clearance from the EFL until this recent AB meeting, which you would not be doing for a mate in the stands.

How do you know he answers questions as AB meeting's ? are you invited ? agreed he should not have been invited if his role is something to do with being in a suite on matchdays and no more.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:06:56 »

Anyone know why there is a big emergency generator supplying power to the stadium? Something to do with a safety audit according to rumours on twitter?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:11:31 »

Anyone know why there is a big emergency generator supplying power to the stadium? Something to do with a safety audit according to rumours on twitter?

There was mention of something re Power (not him!!) in the AB minutes the other day...

Edit - Here you go...

'We inherited an aging and neglected stadium and numerous issues have recently been identified. These include the back up power for the stadium, where last week we invested c£30k in Interim generators that will be in place for the rest of the season while longer term solutions are identified and put in place.

A health and safety audit was also conducted last month, which the club passed but with actions to follow up on, and an action plan on dealing with historic issues is being put together. Unfortunately, this will require further significant investment.'

Reading the nudge nudge wink wink comments on Twitter just adds weight to the suspicion that whatever the club send out people either don't actually fucking read it or just choose to ignore it if it doesn't suit their ingrained narrative.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:20:58 by horlock07 » Logged
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #787 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:12:10 »

Its because for safety purposes the club need backup power for the ground, and CCTV to ensure that should there be a power cut they have a backup power source.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:17:47 »

Did they not have any before then? Is this a new thing?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:18:55 »

Did they not have any before then? Is this a new thing?

Yes, as in this.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:39:57 »

Its because for safety purposes the club need backup power for the ground, and CCTV to ensure that should there be a power cut they have a backup power source.

RA and Clem were told of this issue on multiple occasions.

The emergency generator costs £3k a week which is why they are begging for ST money.

James .... Is it true the capacity is capped at 70%?

This and the constant begging for volunteers is embarrassing. If this was happening under Power the Trust would be up in arms but as I said at the start, there's no separation between the Trust and club and well here we are.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:43:44 by fittons_coaching_badge » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:49:16 »

How do you know he answers questions as AB meeting's ? are you invited ? agreed he should not have been invited if his role is something to do with being in a suite on matchdays and no more.

Actually, I seem to have over stated his name being mentioned in response to answers - it seems it mostly revolved around Karachi back when that was more prominent and he sometimes gave the legal update (again - how can he if he is not involved?)?  On Karachi, the tone on the answers switched on that one as well - initially introduced into the AB minutes as an Opportunity the club was looking into, later switched to something Zav was doing on his own.

I note he is now not listed on the AB either - think the penny has recently dropped.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:54:14 »

Actually, I seem to have over stated his name being mentioned in response to answers - it seems it mostly revolved around Karachi back when that was more prominent and he sometimes gave the legal update (again - how can he if he is not involved?)?  On Karachi, the tone on the answers switched on that one as well - initially introduced into the AB minutes as an Opportunity the club was looking into, later switched to something Zav was doing on his own.

I note he is now not listed on the AB either - think the penny has recently dropped.

January was the last one he attended. (if the minutes are to be believed)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 14:02:19 »

Presumably the health and safety audit from last month was passed with the caveat that we need to fork out for a backup generator which would cover us for the rest of this season but during the summer it sounds like we need to put something more robust in?

Are you able to advise on the other issues that are alluded to which are going to require significant investment? Would this be tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands? (appreciate you might not know but worth asking)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 14:08:51 »

RA and Clem were told of this issue on multiple occasions.

Was the Health and Safety guy really sacked?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: