Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277413 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6555 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:10:47 »

I see the EFL are being unnecessarily negative and impossible to please as well.
Cheesy

EFL #BeKind
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6556 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:37:43 »

About time the powers that be put Swindle Town out of everyone's misery.

Tytherington Rocks FC, here we come.

<tongue in cheek emoji>

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6557 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:54:17 »

I notice the Facebook group haven't read the article and are blaming Lee Power.

Reminding me of the iconic Daily Mail comment ' IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS'.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6558 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:59:46 »

I notice the Facebook group haven't read the article and are blaming Lee Power.

Reminding me of the iconic Daily Mail comment ' IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS'.

I do find some of the people that post comments on that Facebook page quite 'interesting'. (being extremely diplomatic with my language here)

After Clem's interview, which included the bit about the court cases and the fact we might face a fine - "Wow, Clem is fantastic, so honest and you really have to give him credit for coming out and explaining the situation - in Clem we trust etc etc"

The Adver then run with a story explaining we might face a fine as an outcome of the court cases and the share ownership etc - "fucking Adver, they are such shit-stirrers reporting this (the facts)"

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6559 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:02:53 »

I do find some of the people that post comments on that Facebook page quite 'interesting'. (being extremely diplomatic with my language here)

After Clem's interview, which included the bit about the court cases and the fact we might face a fine - "Wow, Clem is fantastic, so honest and you really have to give him credit for coming out and explaining the situation - in Clem we trust etc etc"

The Adver then run with a story explaining we might face a fine as an outcome of the court cases and the share ownership etc - "fucking Adver, they are such shit-stirrers reporting this (the facts)"

It's fair to say that there are both people who will not see any concerns with the current ownership regardless of any evidence presented, and people who think they are the most wretched hive of scum and villainy anywhere in the galaxy, but I think there are far more with views somewhere in between those two poles. The issue seems to be that both "sides" see the most unreasonable exponents of the other view as 'typical' and spend more time raging at those than they do engaging with the more nuanced people in the middle.

Not that this is a situation restricted to STFC ownership issues!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6560 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:04:48 »

Yep. Facts is facts, some on FB do have their head so far deep in the sand they are visiting Clem in Oz.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6561 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:05:11 »

Completely agree.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6562 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:08:00 »

they are the most wretched hive of scum and villainy anywhere in the galaxy
Disney lawyers like this comment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6563 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:08:26 »

Those accounts of Seebeck should have been filed months ago shouldn’t they? Does that count as a Clem ‘oversight’?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6564 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:09:43 »

Its got very tribal with some of the fans, much as with politics.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6565 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:12:18 »

Did we have a club secretary in place in August - September time last year?

Not that it would have made any difference if Clem chose to keep it all to himself.

Buck stops with owner on this one if we are fined, I'm afraid.
There's no I in team Clem mate.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6566 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:20:46 »

Those accounts of Seebeck should have been filed months ago shouldn’t they? Does that count as a Clem ‘oversight’?

Its potentially an oversight, albeit who it can be laid at the door of is less c;lear.

From experience if you employ an accountant they tell you what needs to be done and when, and if you get close to or miss the deadline they keep bloody contacting you about it!

So the unknown is whether the accountants have fucked up and missed the deadline or whether they have asked/told Clem it has to be done and he has not instructed or provided whatever they need.

Ultimately if a fine is levied the directors will have to pay it, albeit I suspect if its an accountants fuck up a counter claim will be lodged to cover it off.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6567 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:30:42 »

It's fair to say that there are both people who will not see any concerns with the current ownership regardless of any evidence presented, and people who think they are the most wretched hive of scum and villainy anywhere in the galaxy, but I think there are far more with views somewhere in between those two poles. The issue seems to be that both "sides" see the most unreasonable exponents of the other view as 'typical' and spend more time raging at those than they do engaging with the more nuanced people in the middle.

Not that this is a situation restricted to STFC ownership issues!

Its got very tribal with some of the fans, much as with politics.

Have to agree with both of these comments. Politics in particular (fully aware there is another thread so won't bang on about it too much here) is so massively divisive and that divisiveness has crept into STFC fandom here, and I imagine football in general. I guess pretty much everyone is on SM these days and have their opinion so it's difficult to avoid, or agree in many cases.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6568 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 11:31:56 »

Yep. Facts is facts, some on FB do have their head so far deep in the sand they are visiting Clem in Oz.

No need to sell 5.5k ST's then is there for those people! Smiley

Actually the prize is New York this year rather than Oz isn't it?

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6569 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:49:30 »

I really do hope that when the fine comes from the FL & anything from companies house that this is paid out of Clem's pocket not the FC, Clem has made it clear it was his decision not to make public the shareholding change and not tell the FL, so hopefully he takes it on the chin and coughs up and publicly states he has paid it out of his pocket.

Maybe this should be something the Trust should be discussing.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: