Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hart and McP gone - Bodin in charge til end of season...  (Read 40355 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:21:47 »

I don't think Bodin is the man. If you want to get back up you need to maximise the chances by getting someone who has done it all before. IF you can.

Obviously sometimes managers that look good on paper turn out shit, and vice versa (not saying Bodin looks shit BTW).

Personally I'd hate to see his legend status damaged.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:29:53 »

better linkage for prices.only skybet currently but expect it to change.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/swindon-specials/next-permanent-manager

Said it before but Dennis Wise please.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:39:17 »

Whether Bodin is the man long term or not, I'll have a smile on my face seeing him in the dugout Saturday. I think the Board have actged very sensibly as Saturday had all the hallmakrs of a horror show, now evetyone can chill and enjoy a game in the sunshine where it doesn't matter shit.
onefinfitton

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:40:02 »

I am surprised that more people are not talking about Paul Buckle. His stats are very good, he took a demoralised side from the BSP to promotion contenders and plays good football. My only concern is the penchent for Torquay to leek goals and have to win by 3-2 but i guess that is exciting!

On another note, it was obvious at Rovers that Lawrence was the brains behind the outfit with Trollope, just as we have now found out that Poyet was the brains behind the Wise partnership.

I cannot understand people calling for Calderwood as he has failed in all his jobs (post Northampton) and is widely derided by fans of the clubs he manages.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:42:10 »

Paul Buckle = compensation.

Regimes come and regimes go but 30 years without paying comp for a boss speaks volumes!

He'd be a decent appointment though.
onefinfitton

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:46:16 »

True but i cannot imagine the compensation would be that huge.  I think he would fancy it as well.
 I guess the dilema would be to pay £200k compensation to Torquay and less wage or end up paying more than that over the course of a contract for a 'name' manager.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:49:56 »

I'll forever love Zippy for THAT penalty, but I don't think it's the right time to risk giving him the job full-time.

I am very much in favour of the idea of giving the job to an up-and-coming type, but coaching kids is very different to managing a football league club and I think Zippy's been too far out of touch with the professional game at first team level.
This...  he was managing the college team before byrne bought him to the clun and hasn't really been near first team football at a league club before.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:50:12 »

I am surprised that more people are not talking about Paul Buckle. His stats are very good, he took a demoralised side from the BSP to promotion contenders and plays good football. My only concern is the penchent for Torquay to leek goals and have to win by 3-2 but i guess that is exciting!

On another note, it was obvious at Rovers that Lawrence was the brains behind the outfit with Trollope, just as we have now found out that Poyet was the brains behind the Wise partnership.

I cannot understand people calling for Calderwood as he has failed in all his jobs (post Northampton) and is widely derided by fans of the clubs he manages.

This...
onefinfitton

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:52:59 »

yes....this....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:53:55 »

Know something we dont triceritops?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #115 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:54:14 »

Fuck it. This
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:56:32 »

One I dont fancy is Nijholt, his 3 years as a manager in Holland were hardly successful. we dont know what kind of football he plays, and I cant imagine he has much knowledge of English players or lower league football in England.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 19:58:50 »

This for Manager.

We are This's red and white army.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 20:07:28 »

That
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 20:10:40 »

Personally I'd hate to see his legend status damaged.

This. It would be a shame for the fans to turn on him if things went tits up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: