Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380794 times)
DMC

« Reply #1710 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 20:50:00 »

10 weeks… crikey. Makes me think the lad from Burnley was just an opportunist stop gap for the LCB spot.
Yeah think you are right
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 07:32:15 »

I think the squad composition is looking much more coherent this year. A good spread of depth across the positions.

We need 3 more in IMO:

Another "bites your legs" midfield general, perhaps an older head like The General (!) was when he came in.

A 6ft 4, 300 plus EFL games CB.

A physical striker who can win headers up the pitch.

Flynn suggests that we need 2 more, so I guess we won't get one of each just yet. Suspect we go without the extra CB for now and hope we get a Brandon Cooper type loan in down the line.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 07:48:38 »

Don’t forget we made a pigs ear of our complete recruitment last year and we still have January to factor in.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 08:32:00 »

10 weeks… crikey. Makes me think the lad from Burnley was just an opportunist stop gap for the LCB spot.

Is Genesini any more experienced than Ward, his signing seems to be causing much less 'why have we taken a punt on this inexperienced kid' vibes than Ward's did?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 08:36:36 »

He played in the Danish league last season
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 08:37:26 »

Is Genesini any more experienced than Ward, his signing seems to be causing much less 'why have we taken a punt on this inexperienced kid' vibes than Ward's did?

A couple of years older, been around the Bournemouth first team, played a game for them, just back off a loan in Denmark. And I think people worry more about CBs than buccaneering wing backs when it comes to experience!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 08:47:33 »

I think the squad composition is looking much more coherent this year. A good spread of depth across the positions.

We need 3 more in IMO:

Another "bites your legs" midfield general, perhaps an older head like The General (!) was when he came in.

A 6ft 4, 300 plus EFL games CB.

A physical striker who can win headers up the pitch.

Flynn suggests that we need 2 more, so I guess we won't get one of each just yet. Suspect we go without the extra CB for now and hope we get a Brandon Cooper type loan in down the line.

To be fair if we'd added those three profiles to our squad last season, it would have looked a whole lot more coherent!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1717 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:00:46 »

He played in the Danish league last season
A couple of years older, been around the Bournemouth first team, played a game for them, just back off a loan in Denmark. And I think people worry more about CBs than buccaneering wing backs when it comes to experience!

What sort of level is the Danish lower tier though, not putting the lad down and hope he does great, just a little perplexed about the way certain players seem to get an easier ride than others despite none of us having seen either of them play, but then again Lavinier seems to have become Roberto Carlos now he has left!  Cheesy
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:05:20 »

What sort of level is the Danish lower tier though, not putting the lad down and hope he does great, just a little perplexed about the way certain players seem to get an easier ride than others despite none of us having seen either of them play, but then again Lavinier seems to have become Roberto Carlos now he has left!  Cheesy

No idea but it’s recent “men’s football.” Seen a clip of him scoring a good goal. Also shows some character to go to Denmark and give it a go.
DMC

« Reply #1719 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 12:48:25 »

I think it's more people see him as likely cober so a good pedigree where as we have been desperate all summer for a experinced centre half and a 18 year old kids doesn't help that
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 09:39:02 »

Flynn confirmed this morning that Dworzak is back here and been training with the U18s as he needs a more 'personal plan' following his illness earlier in the year.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 12:48:41 »

I see Flynn is saying today he expects to sign 1 or 2 but wants 3 due to injuries

I wonder where the issue is, budget being fully used perhaps, as we still have loan spots available I'm assuming they will be fully used up.

Yu would guess loans don't cost as much as the bigger club usually allow the smaller clubs to pay only a portion, but then if we look at where Flynn has got loans at the moment it is from lower clubs so you would assume we cover all the wages.

I'm hoping we will be fully covered for injuries as with the games going on longer until the players bodies are used to playing long then it could cause a few niggles early part of the season.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 19:59:10 »

I see Flynn is saying today he expects to sign 1 or 2 but wants 3 due to injuries

I wonder where the issue is, budget being fully used perhaps, as we still have loan spots available I'm assuming they will be fully used up.

Yu would guess loans don't cost as much as the bigger club usually allow the smaller clubs to pay only a portion, but then if we look at where Flynn has got loans at the moment it is from lower clubs so you would assume we cover all the wages.

I'm hoping we will be fully covered for injuries as with the games going on longer until the players bodies are used to playing long then it could cause a few niggles early part of the season.

I don't think he's talking about going shopping. I assumed he had some targets lined up and didn't think he'd get them all.

..never go back.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1723 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:50:12 »

I see Aguiar scored in a 3-0 win for Worthing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:12:03 »

This is a great little update by the club on how loanees are getting on.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/loan-round-up-a-mixed-weekend-for-towns-loanees/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: