Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WHAT IF  (Read 3691 times)
MR BEN

« on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:26:27 »

OK
sorry if this has been done, but I'm far to lazy to look.

Lets all pretend for a second, that SBC, weren't a bunch of retards, and that they
actually gave a shit about the club, and we could re develop the ground.

Would we want a soulless reading like plastic bowl to be built , what could be done to the ground to make it a
bit special , and different from those graveyards.

Something like, 1 end of the ground being sit were you like , first come first served,  these special singing areas sound a bit
fucking gay , it should just be the norm.
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:35:59 »

Not sure where it stands nowadays but it would be nice to pursue the old safe standing once again.

Stick a structure or a couple of towers on top anything to break up the shape really and make it easily identifiable as a landmark without looking like a white elephant.

land_of_bo

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:38:29 »

I agree, bring back the good old fashioned terrace!

We could shape the main stand like a train to reflect the towns proud history, the tunnel could be a replica of the classy underpass at Swindon Railway station
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:50:22 »

It should have a roof like the circus tent market on commercial road
mattboyslim

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:50:30 »

The designs yesterday impressed me but were a bit generic, which is the curse of the modern satdium, and what i like about Huddersfiels and Bolton where they've been a bit brave with the design.  

Ideally I'd love safe standing, but from what' been said by Tony Blair, there is no chance of it ever.  If they do rotate the ground I think it'd be nice to have some difference between the stands, something a bit lower on the Startton Bank side near the houses and a really nice main stand on teh Town End side.  Personally I like the stands to arc a bit and not have a flat roof, and it'd be nice for the floodlights to stand out a bit.  I am somewhat unconvinced of a bowl stadium too, it might be nice to have separate stands in some parts too, with a big screen in the corners. My main hope aside from it actually happening at all is that it's bit different/unique, and obviously better than the worst new stadium I'v ebeen too at the Kassam!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 12:56:06 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
I agree, bring back the good old fashioned terrace!

We could shape the main stand like a train to reflect the towns proud history, the tunnel could be a replica of the classy underpass at Swindon Railway station

The underpass before it got tarted up around the 70's, was classic, very similar to the one into the Village site from by the Mechanics....a Victorian construct, but always dripping, which facilitated the commencement of a growth of stalagmites and scalactites....neverthless the frisson of excitement generated by entry into this grotto, as a Warship class 42 B-B Diesel, rolled over the top hauling, say The Cornish Riviera Express took some beating.

The anticipation of an away game always letting rip with a bit of echoing chanting as the then hordes would gather for a football special.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:04:42 »

I think someone should re spray paint STFC K 2 K on the railway bridge leading up to County Rd Cheesy

Im not sure what this has do with anything in this thread though.

/
W56196272
MR BEN

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:05:10 »

We need to stop modernising football, most of the new ideas are shit.

I want 4 individual stands, floodlights, on big pylons, you can see for miles.

I want the football special back

I want terrace

I want cheaper tickets

If I could have the above, I really would not give a shit if Swindon were playing well or not,

We should make our new ground old school, as long as the bogs don't over flow with piss, and they understand that now and again
people may need a shit, the older the better.
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:08:03 »

Mr Ben, I might have some ld asbestos round the back of my shed you can have for teh old school roof.  Floodlights are OK, maybe we can go on slavage missions to places like Donny when they move grounds, and pick up the bits you need.  I want the brick dug outs back, with home and away written on them in a different colour of brick.  While we're at it how about 1970s beer prices too!
MR BEN

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:13:03 »

Mattboyslim, good ideas, why stop,  we could have
afro cuts
flairs

a bit of asbetos has to be good for you

Salvage could be good, i think thats how we got shivvy road.

I just want a football ground, the hotels and other stuff to make some cash on the outside
mattboyslim

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:24:53 »

I had an afro until the spring, you should hav ewarned me, it'll take months to grow back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:45:07 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I think someone should re spray paint STFC K 2 K on the railway bridge leading up to County Rd Cheesy

I like the idea of retro graffiti, STAB K2K one of the better efforts.

Up until at least quite recently it may still be there, the Gorse Hill bridge had Go To Mansfield.

Endean is a wanker.
land_of_bo

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 13:48:17 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

I like the idea of retro graffiti, STAB K2K one of the better efforts.

Up until at least quite recently it may still be there, the Gorse Hill bridge had Go To Mansfield.

Endean is a wanker.

From the 85/86 title winning season I believe...
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:08:30 »

what does K 2 K mean? Oops
land_of_bo

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:14:06 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
what does K 2 K mean? Oops

You are joking??

Kick to Kill
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: