Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WHAT IF  (Read 3692 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:26:35 »

we still have asbestos  Cheesy

i agree about 4 seperate stands, i'm not keen on these bowl type thingies. big fuck off floodlights are a must.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:44:55 »

Having been there, I like Boavista's ground. Not the 'super bowl' shaped but traditionnal looking stands including safe standing.

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/img/bessa.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/l15tfc/boavista.jpg

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:48:36 »

was that stadium used in euro 2004?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:49:51 »

We need to stop modernising football, most of the new ideas are shit.

I want 4 individual stands, floodlights, on big pylons, you can see for miles.

err, you mean like the Stadium we have now?

Why not leave the stadium as it is and just build a hotel and conference facilites on the town end car park, problem solved Cheesy
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:50:21 »

Yeah. I saw Russia Spain game there  Cool

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:52:05 »

was safe standing in use for that game?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 14:59:15 »

Its in use all the time. Basically they have seats with poles in front so you can stand if you want. It stops the person in front of you getting crushed.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 15:01:02 »

nice.

if they can have standing at a match in a packed stadium during euro 2004, why the fuck can't we have it at the county ground?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 15:06:11 »

Because they don't want to create an electric atmosphere and for fans to get behind the team  :-))(  Feckin Stewards!  :evil:

Amir

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 15:38:17 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
nice.

if they can have standing at a match in a packed stadium during euro 2004, why the fuck can't we have it at the county ground?

Because the people in charge aren't football fans, or at least they aren't the type who would ever stand and shout their team.

I can understand the knee-jerk reaction to Hillsborough, but not why the same thinking is dominant in 2005.

As regards the County Ground I'd like a 20,000 capacity, Three single tier stands and one double, two of the stands with safe standing at the front.  I'd design all the stands with accoustics in mind, and I'd sell Magner's and Red Stripe.  As it stands I'll settle for a concrete bowl that serves Carling.
MR BEN

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 15:51:19 »

Lord Taylor stated that the subject of standing at football could be reviewed after his death.
Now he's dead, its still an evil subject , such as has been stated a knee jerk reaction,
fans are harder to control in terraces, you move more freely , hide more effectively.

We have 1 very bad tragedy, but terrace was not the only factor, fences were needed back in the 80's, they
are not now, they played a major part in what happened, would it have been better if there had been seats ,
say it was unreserved seating, fans still would have pushed into the middle pen, it still would have been overcrowded,
the fences still would have blocked the best means of escape.

There are some big reasons why the fa. fl and authorities will not allow terracing in this country , even though it has been proven to be safe,
and workable in other countries.
But what are they, if you ask they will hide behind the Taylor report, they say the same thing will happen again.

I say they are lying bastards

sorry moan over
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 16:06:26 »

We have 1 very bad tragedy, but terrace was not the only factor

True,lest we forget the seriously  inept and inhuman police at Sheffield that day as well.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 16:12:16 »

the chances of something similar to hillsborough occuring is next to none surely? seating or terracing, doesn't make a difference.
CUNT CUSTARD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 16:20:50 »

I dont mind what it look like as long as it's pink.

This looks nice.

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/images/news/News-mardigras-2005-07-15.gif
Amir

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 16:21:10 »

It can never go back to how it was, but that's why you need a compromise.  At the moment the authorities are at the other end of the spectrum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: