Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WHAT IF  (Read 3695 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:13:57 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
the chances of something similar to hillsborough occuring is next to none surely? seating or terracing, doesn't make a difference.

Continental Europe don't have problems, so why should we. IMO stewards and the police cause confrontations anycase.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:17:05 »

i don't see still how terracing is not allowed....

at hillsbrough, the crushing and deaths came about by stupid stewards and stupid security fences, not standing.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:21:58 »

Johno, Safe standing isn't just terracing- they have seats aswell. The poles are on every row. For example:

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/img/standing.jpg

This basically means that everyone gets a ticket and cannot over populate the stand.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:22:08 »

They have Safe stading areas in Holland and Germany at the top level and have no problem. The biggest problem with hillsborough was there was no control over how manay people were in what section. All you need is a limit to a safe number (like pubs have a limited number they can have in at any one time)

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:25:59 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Johno, Safe standing isn't just terracing- they have seats aswell. The poles are on every row. For example:

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/img/standing.jpg

This basically means that everyone gets a ticket and cannot over populate the stand.

I like that picture, that would remove the "cascade" effect that is often rolled out to get rid of standing.  The safe standing areas that the FLA looked at were the German model of a terrace that can have seat put into it, or vice versa - this one seems to cover all the bases.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 17:27:46 »

Well I've experienced the 'safe standing' at was fine. That was at full capacity aswell. its the government that won't comprise yet again.

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 18:04:20 »

cheers for the pic mate.

i wasn't questionning safe standing though, bit confused. but anywho, safe standing is a good idea...swindon could maybe set the example for the future! sitting down ruins games.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 18:12:07 »

I'd rather have a soulless ground than not have a club at all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 18:35:57 »

GOD WAS ONE OF US?
Spud

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 05:58:47 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
GOD WAS ONE OF US?

"Just a stranger on a bus, trying to make his way home!".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: