Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 15304 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 08:26:30 »

Pre match what do you think of it so far in The Eric Bartholomew.
Well, it certainly hasn't been rubbish so far & we've been basking in the sunshine brought to us by the team.

Rest assured that there won't be any short fat hairy legs on display today, at least not on the pitch anyway.
Anyway, enough of the Morecambe & Wise references.

Quite like Morecambe, the faded Victorian grandeur looks even more faded with every visit.
Prefer it to Blackpool though.
Nice walk to be had along the prom & always a chance of a Tyson Fury sighting.

In the company of young molepar & his band of converts today.
A work very hard, play even harder approach means that survival is the aim of the game assuming that the black pudding with breakfast doesn't get me first. At least I'll go out with a high iron content.

Fourth visit here & hopefully the symmetry of 1-0 wins can continue.
Tom Brewitt's old stomping ground as well so he'll be wanting to do well.
Flynn too, following the PO final defeat a couple of years back.

Hopefully potted shrimps won't be the new celery in the away end today.

Win at home, draw away that's all it takes.

Washed down with a pint of Guinness?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 08:31:25 »

Morecambe is one of the very few away visits I've never done, that will continue today as while I'm 'at home' until the end of October I'm actually in Spain this week.  I'll get there one day, maybe not if this is a successful season and we go our seperate ways for the foreseeable. 

Have a good day those that are going, top of the league at 17:00?  Maybe not given Gills and County's fixtures, as long as we keep keeping up our end of the bargain is all that matters though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 08:44:05 »

Washed down with a pint of Guinness?

Ha, yes.
Apparently it woukd take about 29 pints to meet the daily iron requirement.

Only ever had Guiness in Dublin, probably not quite the same outside of the Emerald Isle.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 08:49:49 »

We used to be the highest Official Guinness Pub in the world, we even had a plaque at St James's Gate for some time.  I forget where it is that has taken the title from us, probably somewhere in Peru or Chile.  Useless part fact of the day.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 08:50:48 »

So, team selection for today?

Team pretty much picks itself at the moment.

Flynn doesn't strike me as much of a tinkerer.
Depends on how Morecambe play but I wonder if putting RHM in for some more pace on the counter crossed the manager's mind?
Then again Young is no slouch.

As you were then.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 09:11:37 »

So, team selection for today?

Team pretty much picks itself at the moment.

Flynn doesn't strike me as much of a tinkerer.
Depends on how Morecambe play but I wonder if putting RHM in for some more pace on the counter crossed the manager's mind?
Then again Young is no slouch.

As you were then.

I don't think we'll make any changes, although wouldn't be surprised to see RHM come on a little earlier than he has been if we aren't already whooping them at half time.

I'm going for a comfortable 3-1 win.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 09:17:22 »

0-2 don’t care who scores. Two own goals would do.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 09:44:51 »

We used to be the highest Official Guinness Pub in the world, we even had a plaque at St James's Gate for some time.  I forget where it is that has taken the title from us, probably somewhere in Peru or Chile.  Useless part fact of the day.

Not sure if it's an Official Guiness Pub, but he highest irish pub could well be The Irish Pub in Namche Bazaar in Nepal.  Paddy’s Irish Pub in Cusco, Peru claims to be the highest Irish-owned pub in the world, at 11,156 feet/ 3,400 meters.

Another irrelevant fact...
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10:03:07 by Munichred » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 09:57:31 »

Just want to keep this momentum going. Any win and don't pick up injuries.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10:01:48 »

We used to be the highest Official Guinness Pub in the world, we even had a plaque at St James's Gate for some time.  I forget where it is that has taken the title from us, probably somewhere in Peru or Chile.  Useless part fact of the day.

Whereabouts are you?
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10:56:58 »

I don't think we'll make any changes, although wouldn't be surprised to see RHM come on a little earlier than he has been if we aren't already whooping them at half time.

I was thinking this. We need to be sensible with Austin’s playing minutes. Fixtures will become more congested. RHM has looked a menace in the pacy sub role.

However, I cannot shake the feeling that every game could be RHM’s last of the season with some sort of horrible injury setback.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 11:16:06 »

Have a good day those that are going, top of the league at 17:00?  Maybe not given Gills and County's fixtures, as long as we keep keeping up our end of the bargain is all that matters though.
This is a weird league this season with any team being able to beat any other team it seems.

Some funny results like Gills losing ro Grimsby and Colchester, Notts County losing 5-1 vs Sutton and Wrexham losing 5-3 at home to MKD.

Only us and Mansfield in this league unbeaten and I would be happy to have that continue after today.

I would be happy with a draw but they seem short on firepower with their leading scorer Mellon missing with suspension today, he has contributed 5 of their 8 goals so far, so only 3 other players have scored a single goal each.

But they are unbeaten at home so it will be tough and only Mansfield have scored more than 2 goals past them in a league game and they have only conceded a single goal at home in the league too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 11:56:03 »

Wobbly
You must be one of the most fortunate people in the UK.
The love of football (STFC) and enjoyment of good beer
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 12:04:09 »

A glance at their forum and they seem generally pessimistic about their chances. Lots predicting a home loss.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 23, 2023, 12:07:05 »

A glance at their forum and they seem generally pessimistic about their chances. Lots predicting a home loss.
Mostly due to top scorer Mellon being suspended as he has scored 63% of all their goal so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: