Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 13781 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 13:30:10 »

To take our thoughts away from off the field stuff, we have a game on Saturday at Morecambe.

Last night Morecambe were soundly thrashed 3-0 at home by Liverpool U21s with apparently a pretty poor performance. They played a fairly strong side too with the majority of the players played against Gills on Saturday in their 2-1 defeat there either starting or coming off the bench.

In the 8 previous games between Swindon and Morecambe - Swindon have come out on top winning 7 of the ties and the other ending as a draw, Town scoring 15 goals and conceding 2 in the process.

In games played in Morecambe so far Swindon have won all 3, each game finishing as 1-0 win for Town.

They have ex Town keeper Stuart Moore in goal, a man classed as one of our poorest custodians in modern times (there have a been a LOT though) playing just 10 games for us and despite keeping 3 clean sheets and conceding just over a goal a game average he always looked unsteady and capable of a major calamity at any moment.

Since leaving us he has played for MKD, Wealdstone, Blackpool and Doncaster, amassing just 10 games in the last 5 years at EFL league level before joining The Shrimps but has played in 6 games for Morecambe so far this season.

Morecambe sit currently in 16th place in L2 with 3 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats so far, socring 7 goals and conceding 8 times.

They are unbeaten at home so far in their 4 league games with 3 wins and a draw so far.

Their top scorer is 19 year old Burnley loanee Michael Mellon on 5 goals with 3 other players on a single goal each.
Top scorer Mellon will be banned for the game after being sent off last week vs Gills, he looks a decent player from what I have seen of him.

Their results so far this season have been.

W Morecambe 2-1 Walsall
L Rotherham 1-1 Morecambe lost on pens*EFLC
L Mansfield 3-0 Morecambe
D Morecambe 0-0 Notts County
W Morecambe 3-0 Bradford
L Harrogate 2-0 Morecambe
W Morecambe 1-0 Salford
L Gillingham 2-1 Morecambe
L Morecambe 0-3 Liverpool *EFLT

They tend to play a 4231 system and let other teams have the possession against them and hit them on the break and put a few long balls out to the wingers, defensively from the highlights I have watched of every game they are quite slow  accross the back 4.

Could go either way.

Att: 4,005 (555 Town)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 13:39:07 »

Piece of piss, 1-4
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 13:46:53 »

Morecambe 2 Swindon 2 Att: 4,185 (650 away)

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 15:02:07 »

Some of their fans reckon it could be off if the predicted weather pans out
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 15:16:45 »

They must be applying the following proven science to their weather predictions up there.

"If the goose honks high, fair weather; if the goose honks low, foul weather. Birds flying low, expect rain and a blow. If the lark flies high, expect fair weather."

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 15:19:38 »

I'm sat about 7 miles from Morecambe as the crow flies (but a hell of a lot further as the car or train goes), we've had a fair bit of rain but not as much as many other places have had, and whilst more is forecast over the next few days there doesn't appear to be any proper downpours forecast.

Never say never, but as it stands I would be surprised if it was off, albeit I don't know how shitty or otherwise their pitch is, but its a newish ground so should drain OK?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 15:20:57 »

They must be applying the following proven science to their weather predictions up there.

"If the goose honks high, fair weather; if the goose honks low, foul weather. Birds flying low, expect rain and a blow. If the lark flies high, expect fair weather."
‘Win or lose,
Shit or bust
Never let your bollocks dangle in the dust’
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 16:26:59 »

Never say never, but as it stands I would be surprised if it was off, albeit I don't know how shitty or otherwise their pitch is, but its a newish ground so should drain OK?
We said the same when it started pissing down at Colchester Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:18:15 »

We said the same when it started pissing down at Colchester Wink

TBF the forecast was wrong, its hooning it down here this morning!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:27:28 »

Met office says dry from 17:00 up to kick off tomorrow. Surely be fine?  Bad Mood
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:27:40 »

Just to say for those that like to predict the attendance numbers I noticed on Twitter yesterday that we had sold 551 of our 600 allocation yesterday and no tickets are available on the day for some reason.

I think we will win tomorrow, i'm on family visiting duties in Kent/Sussex this weekend so missing another game, which means we're even more likely to win.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:32:30 »

Just to say for those that like to predict the attendance numbers I noticed on Twitter yesterday that we had sold 551 of our 600 allocation yesterday and no tickets are available on the day for some reason.
Oh I couldnt find our allocation anywhere TBH, cheers mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:36:05 »

They’ve got the 2nd best home record in the league, can’t think who’s 1st!

Only conceded 1 goal at home.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:42:43 »

Oh I couldnt find our allocation anywhere TBH, cheers mate.

JJ - not sure if you use Twitter - but if you follow 'Swindon Town Football Club Ticketing' (@stfcticket) they are pretty good at providing ticketing updates.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 08:43:59 »

600 capacity in the away section of side stand apparently.

Must be trying to save some pence by not using the terrace, although looked to be inhabited by home fans last season in L1.
Might have given it over to clubs with big away followings.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: